Posted by Margi (126.96.36.199) on February 26, 2001 at 15:43:57:
In Reply to: Cluster Headache posted by Greg on February 26, 2001 at 13:57:57:
You might try these non-prescription things that have helped my husband.
1. Ice - apply directly to the pain - a bag of frozen peas works, but we use those gel-filled deals for keeping food cold.
2. Dramamine or Gravol before bed to ward off the middle of the night attacks.
3. Water Water Water - read the Water x 3 button at the left of this page. It can work well for you if you aren't taking any meds.
4. Oxygen - can abort an attack. My husband uses welder's oxygen and you don't need a prescription for it.
5. Mushrooms - that's right, Magic Mushrooms. We've had about 2 dozen people here try this treatment with amazing success. Yes, it's illegal but my husband is living proof that the treatment works. He's almost 15 months in remission now because of this treatment.
Best of luck to you and hope you find something that helps!
Post a Followup