Posted by Margi (188.8.131.52) on March 05, 2001 at 10:04:21:
In Reply to: how many of us handle a cycle without meds? posted by karen on March 05, 2001 at 07:59:58:
1. Ice applied directly to the pain.
2. Gravol/Dramamine to get through the night OR Benadryl
3. Welder's Oxygen aborts 80% of the attacks.
4. Lots and lots and lots of water
5. Ibuprophen (that never really helps, but he says sometimes it takes the edge off it)
6. Staying calm. The ice helps with that. He has found over the years that if he lets the Beast make him angry, the attack is much worse.
7. Bob P says that strenuous exercise will abort his attacks. Mike will sometimes take the dog out for a real brisk walk in the fresh, cool air and get relief.
Hope this helps!
WWW/psilo (he is in month 15 of remission now, because of shrooms!)
Post a Followup