Posted by Margi (18.104.22.168) on May 04, 2001 at 15:43:50:
In Reply to: Changing World posted by MikeH on May 04, 2001 at 14:32:40:
Like Charlie S and his biofeedback, I'm going to repost what has worked for my husband in the past. You oldtimers, just look away for a sec.
A little background, my husband is 43, and he's been a clusterhead since late teens, episodic only. He's tried most of the drugs and quickly built up immunities to them, or they didn't work at all. He was in his worst cycle ever and was totally med free when we found this website, almost 3 years ago now.
1. The Water Treatment was a miracle for him, but we now know that is mainly because he was totally med free at the time he tried it. Read the water x 3 button at the left.
2. Oxygen, taken as an abortive for attacks. He uses welders' oxygen as we couldn't get a script for the medicinal stuff.
3. Ice - applied directly to the pain. Frozen veggies will do the trick too.
4. Staying calm under attack - sounds silly, but it really has helped him to keep his blood pressure down, the attack doesn't last as long.
5. Dramamine/Gravol before bed. Over the counter motion sickness drug that causes sleep as a side effect but doesn't let you get into REM sleep which is where the Beast finds you in the night.
6. Benadryl - not to be combined with Dramamine but can produce the same effect.
7. Finally and most importantly, the 'shroom therapy' has given him his longest remission yet. He is heading into MONTH EIGHTEEN of clusterfreedom because he has had shroom tea twice in a 12 month period.
I hope you find something that helps you soon, Mike - we're all pulling for you!!
Post a Followup