Posted by Margi (18.104.22.168) on June 05, 2001 at 16:08:30:
In Reply to: what is it about cluster headaches.. posted by jayne on June 05, 2001 at 15:30:05:
You're so right Jayne, if we could answer that question, we would be one step closer to a cure. So far, for my hubby anyway, we've been able to rule out the following.
1. Circadian rhythms.....otherwise, he'd come into cycle every season change. He used to, but as he's getting younger (he likes to think he is, anyways), that pattern has left him.
2. Food triggers.....otherwise, he'd have an attack everytime he ate any of the things that trigger an attack while he is in cycle.
3. Sleep apnea.....otherwise, he would not get attacks through the day. Not true.
4. Alcohol triggers.....otherwise, he'd never be able to have a drink. The last couple of cycles (even though it's been 19 months since his last one) alcohol hasn't influenced when he gets attacked.
5. Environmental allergies (sorry Nick)....otherwise, he'd never be able to go outside or breathe the air that is recirculated in the house.
What we're missing is why that extra grey matter you guys have in your hypo...hipo...snuffle-upagus thingy suddenly morphs into Beast-mode. And why are some of you chronic? Does your snuffle-upagus thingy just lose it's ability to "de-morph" back to normal? And why are shrooms able to convince the snuffle-upagus thingy to behave? I'm beginning to think that snuffle-upagus is just a little guy stuck in the 70's who's got an insatiable craving for psilocybin. And unless he gets it, he's going to make our lives total and complete hell.
Kinda makes you go, hmmmmmmmmm.......doesn't it?
Post a Followup