Posted by Dave (18.104.22.168) on June 06, 2001 at 23:56:55:
In Reply to: I don't know for sure but... posted by Jackie L. on June 06, 2001 at 23:50:10:
Thanks for the reply (quick!)
Have to go see a doc, but my symptoms sure sound like a cluster:
- severe pain centered in right eye 5-10 minutes after onset. Like an ice pick. Throbs / sharp stabbing pains throughout the episode.
- right eye closes. Weepy eye. Light sensitive.
- complete congestion of right nostril
- can't sit still. Dark room is good, but still have to pace or rock back/forth.
- alcohol almost always causes onset of symptoms
- Coffee abates symptoms somewhat. (Hence the Excedrin treatment)
- Get them typically daily, for weeks. Then, they go away for 12-18-24 months. Don't SEEM to be seasonal, but not sure. (Have to start keeping a log)
- Been getting them for at least 5 years, although I used to think they were related to sinus.
Post a Followup