Quick update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]
NEW cluster headache email group! Click Here to learn more!

Posted by DJ ( on July 24, 2001 at 22:10:15:

Hi ya'll,

Gotten ALOT of questions about how my situation is going. Wanted to wait till I had some "official news", but the system is taking it's sweet time. It looks like the decision has been made to send me to Stanford, but I haven't gotten the "official" approval yet, so I'm trying not to hold my breath.

Dr. Gary Steinberg at Stanford University medical center is one of the country's leading experts on Moyamoya disease. With a disease that affects 1 in 2M people, he's treated 114 of "us". Dr. Steinberg has seen all of my medical reports and he has my MRI and angiogram xrays.

He agrees with my original diagnoses of Moyamoya and believes I need to have the STA-MCA bypass surgery on the right side of my brain. My current angiogram x-rays don't show the left side good enough for him to say whether I need the surgery on the left side too, so I will have some more tests done when (and if) I get out there.

I have an appointment at Stanford for tests on Aug 20th and 21st with surgery on the right side on the 22nd. If the new angiogram shows I need to have the left side done too, they'll do that on the 29th.

I'll let all of you know when I know for sure what's going to happen.

Soooooooooo, right now, keep all of your thoughts and prayers directed toward Adam & Den!!

Hang in there guys!!!!! We're all thinking and praying for you!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!