Posted by Linda (220.127.116.11) on August 13, 2001 at 06:45:31:
This damm beast is ruling my life even if I'm not currently in a cycle. IF history repeats itself my cycle should start any day now. I have already done the following:
1. Started writing up everything that I eat, drink, current medications, temperature drops or risings.
2. Ordered 2 x oxygen tanks to be collected on short notice ie. 2 hours.
3. GP and Neuro's mobile phone numbers.
4. Closest ER telephone no. and address.
5. Build up an excellent relationship with the drug store and asked if they stock the meds that I normaly use.
6. Got a letter from my neuro and psychiatrist (Yes, can you believe it, but I need anything I can get my hands on to convince the medical insurance that this is potentially going to kill my mind!!!)
7. Stocked up on frozen veggies my kids hate. (To make sure they don't use my "headache veggies")
8. Saved up some cash for the times that my medical insurance ran out.
9. This is a funny one:
I started a new job a year ago and needles to say my new boss doesn't know about anyting like "cluster headaches". About a month ago I decided that its time to educate this man. (I mean, I know I'm about to start a cycle) Him being an analyst can for the life of him not think that there is NO cure for this bloody "thing" BUT he is prepared to give me my space if needed and won't ask questions if I should dissapear for an hour or so or even not be at work. Of course I told him about the injections and so forth. It is so wonderful to have an "understanding" boss but now comes the funny part: Everytime I'm out of my office for longer than a half hour - he phones my mobile and ask if I'm busy doing the "headache thing" My cycle haven't even started ... how the hell is he going to react once it's really here? He's even offered to come and look after me if my husband gets fed-up!!(Shall I hold him to this one or what??)
Think I've made enough provisions for the hard times? If any one of you can think of anything else PLEASE remind me!
I am SO SCARED!!!!!
Lovies from a beautiful South Africa.
Post a Followup