Posted by pinksharkmark (18.104.22.168) on September 04, 2001 at 10:34:50:
In Reply to: To answer your questions... posted by Bob Wold on September 04, 2001 at 00:43:09:
The information on your dosage levels in particular was very illuminating. It illustrates further what I was discussing in my post on the Minimum Effective Dose of mushrooms.
Either you are exceptionally resistant to the effects of psilocybin or the mushrooms you obtained were exceptionally weak (presuming the numbers you cited referred to COMPLETELY DRIED mushrooms), or a combination of these two factors. For most people, doses of 2.5 to 4 grams would have been considerably more psychoactive, resulting in experiences somewhere around "level 2" to "level 3".
I recommend that people trying mushrooms for the FIRST time start with about half this much, in order to determine their individual sensitivity to psilocybin. Future doses can then be adjusted upwards (or in rare cases, downwards) as required.
Thanks for the additional info, Bob, and please let us know if that researcher in California comes up with anything interesting.
Enjoy your remission!
Post a Followup