[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]
NEW cluster headache email group! Click Here to learn more!

Posted by Elizabeth ( on October 01, 2001 at 21:54:45:

In Reply to: Hi Elizabeth... posted by Robin on October 01, 2001 at 21:16:58:

Great responses! Thanks, I got the info I needed..I think.
I'm calling the neuro again tomorrow - it's running about once per week right now, more often than I talk with my bro and sis combined! - I'm doing more research to see what I want to say/ask for. Oxygen seems like a no-brainer...may as well try it. I'm at the point where I'm willing to take my chances with prednisone and its side effects. We'll have to see how tonight goes...there've only been 3 to 4 h/a today so far, but nighttime is usually filled with the most painful ones. If it's a good night, then I'll just ask for the O2; if it's another rough night, then I'll mention that I'm willing to try other meds like prednisone. It'd probably be smart to wait 2 weeks before I add a steroid - Neurontin increased today to 5/day, and next Monday to 6/day...give that a week and go from there, probably.
Let's pray that today's not a lower-pain-day fluke. This could be the start of something good (or at least better than the last, oh, 9 to 12 months).
Comments on prednisone, etc appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!