Posted by Margi on November 01, 2001 at 11:38:16:
In Reply to: Dear PinkSharkMark posted by Medlengough on October 31, 2001 at 23:45:23:
you might want to try some of the other 'natural' treatments that have helped a few folks here.
1. Ice - ice bag or frozen peas - apply directly to your pain.
2. Oxygen - even if you can't get a 'script for it, try welder's oxygen OR a brisk walk or exercise to get oxygen flowing in your bloodstream.
3. Dramamine/Gravol OR Benadryl before bed can sometimes get you through the night without getting attacked.
4. Water, Water, Water - if you aren't on any other meds, sometimes flooding yourself with water can drastically reduce the pain of a cycle. Please read the water x 3 button to the left to learn how to do this treatment. There are precautions to take, especially if you have liver or kidney problems.
5. Diet - pretty controversial subject, but my husband has noticed a difference if he avoids dairy and sugar during a cycle. And, definately avoid alcohol as it is a common trigger.
Hang in there, friend.
Post a Followup