Posted by John (184.108.40.206) on December 10, 2001 at 23:26:30:
In Reply to: Doctor's questions? posted by Randy on December 10, 2001 at 19:21:51:
And if you get the answers, let me know cause the more answers I can get the better armed I am.
1. How long should I expect these meds to take to start working?
2. Which med does exactly what?
3. What are the dangers of this med and this med and this med?
4. Do you (Dr.) believe this is a vascular or central nervous system disorder?
5. Tell me more about the pacemaking and circadian rhythms and then apply his answer to your situation.
6. What exactly is prednisone and what does it do and why should I be careful with it's use?
7. Will prednisone upset my stomach? If so, what med can I take to counter those effects?
8. Can I take OTC meds for heart burn? Which ones?
9. What foods should I stay away from?
10. Why and what is the warning about stopping smoking while using prednisone? Is it just a generic warning for stopping smoking in general, or is there something very specific about the relationship?
11. How long of relief should I expect when using O2 for 10-15min? What flow rate? What are the dangers of excessive O2 usage? How long is too long?
12. Is O2 just a quick fix so that it gives me time to take other meds to relief my pain?
13. How do meds break the cycle?
14. When do I know that the cycle is broken and that I should stop taking the meds?
15. Which meds do I have to taper off of and which meds can I stop cold turkey?
16. Tell me more about Dairy Products.
17. Tell me more about calcium and what/how it might affect me negatively (CHwise)?
18. How much experience do you have with CH?
19. Are there any CH groups in the local area?
20. Can you refer me to a CH sufferer so that I can get 1st hand experience? (Taking the info with a grain of salt cause each persons experience tends to be unique)
21. What do I do during periods of remission? (with respect to sustaining the remission as long as possible)
22. What readings do you suggest that I engross myself in so that I can get a handle on my situation?
Post a Followup