Posted by Bob Johnson (220.127.116.11) on December 22, 2001 at 11:20:27:
In Reply to: Ergotamine or Imitrex posted by suzie on December 22, 2001 at 09:21:35:
1. Your drugstore is dropping the ball if they can't tell you whether Ergomar is available. Ask them to check their sources.
2. Ergomar is made by Lotus Biochemical Corp, Raiford, VA. If memory serves, they have a web page where you might check their product list or phone them.
3. Imitrex has a high overall safety rating re. side effects. BUT the doc should screen for heart disease, etc. before Rx this med. If the doc or you have concerns, a dose can be administered in the doc's office as a screening test.
4. If you find that Ergomar is no longer on the market, please post a message with that information.
5. IF you find it, understand that it's crucial to use Ergomar at the very earliest sign of an attack; delay in taking reduces the benefit markedly, even to zero.
Post a Followup