Posted by Jerri (18.104.22.168) on January 27, 2002 at 15:12:20:
Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things.
Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin put together alist to try to give the faculty a sense of
the mind set of this year'sincoming freshmen.
Here's this year's list:
1) The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1983.
2) They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
3) Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
4) Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
5) The CD was introduced the year they were born.
6) They have always had an answering machine.
7) They have always had cable.
8) They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
9) Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
10) Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
11) They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
12) They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
13) They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
14) They've never heard:
>>>>>a.. "Where's the Beef?",
>>>>>b.. "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or
> > >c.. "de plane Boss, de plane".
15) They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
16) Michael Jackson has always been white.
17) McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
18) They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Do you feel old yet?
> > >
> > _________________________________________________________________
Post a Followup