Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 1:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hi nice to meet you alll »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   hi nice to meet you alll
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hi nice to meet you alll  (Read 711 times)
biker_babe
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hi nice to meet you alll
« on: Oct 24th, 2005, 4:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi my name is Debi, i was diagnosed a little over a month ago now, its only taken them 20 yrs!!!! im sad there are so many of us out there battling the beast that lives within, but im very glad to know there are others who know just how i feel when i scream "i wish i could just curl up and die!!"  i will be reading and digesting any or all of the info i can on this site to learn more about this thing that lives with me daily, so thanks for, well, just being there.  i could use a little help with the medication they put me on,"allegron" so if anyone has any suggestions be more then grateful, bye for now.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2005, 3:24pm by biker_babe » IP Logged
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

Re: hi nice to meet you alll
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 4:55am »

Hi Debi,

Welcome.  I've not personally heard of allergon?  Is it working for you??  Was hard to tell from your message whether you're chronic or eposodic.... My last couple of cycles I've used verapamil and 02 and that kinda worked - better than nothing!!

Anyway, I'm glad you found this site - it's been a godsend to so many of us. Stick around, let us know how you're going.

Wishing you PFDAN,

Kate
IP Logged
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 9:10am »

hi Debi
i'm a chronic cher but cant really tell what you are from your post
try getting your doc to prescribe verapamil as a preventative and imigran subject as an abort then use the imitrextip at the left here to covver up to 6 attacks per day!
sorry you had to find us but glad you are here now Grin
best place in the world for clusters both information and support Grin
zany
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 11:00am »

Hi Deb and welcome,

Also not familiar with the above med, but someone will be along who is.

GET A SCRIPT FOR OXYGEN!  I can kill the beast in minutes if caught early enough.  I keep it with me at all times.  Read up on the "oxygen info" button (9th down on the left).  Works for about 70% of us to abort . . . . proper regulator (15lpm) and mask (non-rebreather . . . the one with the bag).is essential for maximum effect. . . . .has kept me from many a "dance".

You have much reading to do and many questions to ask.  Here you will find folks who truly understand your pain and  can offer suggestions and experience to help you beat the beast.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 2:52pm »

Hi Debi and welcome.  You are definitely in the company of people who understand here.  I'm always amazed and saddened at how long it takes some people to get diagnosed, escpecially since it presents with such classic symptoms.  Time to do your homework and get the medical treatment you need.  I've sent you a PM with info on treatments and more.  Check the upper right corner of the page.

If you haven't already checked them out, take a look at the OUCH-UK website.  

http://www.clusterheadaches.org.uk/

There you will find information on treatments available in your local area and even a phone number to call and speak to someone.  There are several members of OUCH-UK here that should be able to guide you more specifically.

Allergon (nortriptyline) is a tri-cyclic antidepressant.  It is also sometimes used for people with chronic pain.  Here are some websites that will give information:

http://www.nmhct.nhs.uk/pharmacy/depr1.htm

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,3915,497|Nortriptyline,00.h tml

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/nortrip.htm

Again, welcome to our little corner of the web.

Mike
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss