Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Famous people with CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Famous people with CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Famous people with CH  (Read 22996 times)
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

Famous people with CH
« on: Apr 13th, 2008, 8:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

is there anyone who may be famous, or a sports star or someone very known to have CH, i have heard of nobody like that. i have heard of sports stars getting migraines, like Jason Kidd and Terrell Davis, my reason for asking is just to see if there is someone famous to get the word out to media about this and use there pull to help with research. thanks. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

Re: Famous people with CH
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 6:51pm »

funny coach, i was thinking of this the other day.i take acting classes and i was wondering if any actors had...for i could not imagine how they would deal with.well, in live productions @ least.then i thought of sports figures also.............i did some brief"googling" on the computer, but i didnt find anything as of yet.....................i am glad u started this and will continue to do some research!
thanks
deb
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 8:06pm »

I don't know of any really famous people though it is possible that they too have been misdiagnosed as many of us have been.

we have a guy here who frequents the board ( I can't recall his screename) that is a relatively famous character actor. He appears on tons of sitcoms.

I wish I could remember.

And then there is me Cool
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 9:02pm »

The opera singer, Denyce Graves.

http://www.andante.com/article/article.cfm?id=26112

"I ran into some real vocal problems, serious ones. I had a problem with headaches, terrible headaches that they diagnosed as cluster headaches ... I was losing my voice. I was losing everything."

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 10:27pm »

on Apr 13th, 2008, 8:06pm, E-Double wrote:
I don't know of any really famous people though it is possible that they too have been misdiagnosed as many of us have been.

we have a guy here who frequents the board ( I can't recall his screename) that is a relatively famous character actor. He appears on tons of sitcoms.

I wish I could remember.

And then there is me Cool

His handle is Buckeyescooter.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 7:02am »

There was a football player who had to be pulled out of a game (on TV) and given O2 because of CH a year or so back. He gave a press conference about it. (I think it was back in 2004). We sent him a T-shirt and a letter from OUCH, but never heard back from him.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 9:58am »

i found a thread on here from nov 26th of 2005 on this........did not have time to read  tho!
IP Logged
washed-out
New Board Newbie
Poland 

:]

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 2:04pm »

I have four persons from Polish site about CH. I don't know where did they find those information maybe even on this site so you prolly know about these people but maybe not all of you Smiley

They are not "current stars", though. Still famous (especially two of them, dead).

1. Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"I was under attack of periodical headache. This is the tenth day.It has been very moderate and yesterday did not last more than three hours."

2. Franz Kafka

3. Oddvar Nordli - former Norwegian prime minister, had to resign due to his cluster

4. Frank Capra - movie director
Quote:
"Suddenly a huge phantom bird sank three talons of its angry claws deeply into my head and face and tried to lift me. No warnings, no preliminary signs. Just wham! A massive, killing pain came over my right eye. I clutched my head, stumbled out to the broad lawns and over the hedges to the deserted tennis courts and then, there in the dark, I moaned, I panted. Ballooned my cheeks, blew out short bursts of air, licked my hot lips, wiped tears that poured out of my right eye, and clawed at my head trying to uproot the fiendish talons from their iron grip. One racking hour later the talons let go. The paroxysm eased as suddenly as it had convulsed. Euphoria set in. It's gone! Whopping headache, but it's gone!..."
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2008, 2:12pm by washed-out » IP Logged
Lebowski
New Board Newbie
USA 

The Dude Abides!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 4:20pm »

I know Davis had to sit out of during the Broncos vs. Packers Super Bowl a while back.  

Huge Broncos fan here!!!!
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 5:55am »

F.W. De Klerk, the president of South Africa who released Nelson Mandela and began the lifting of apartheid might have suffered from clusters. Researched this a little but would have had to get off my lazy butt and buy some books to confirm it.  

Also, director Frank Capra, who made "It's a Wonderful Life," "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" and many other films.

-tommyD

Oh, and the world-renowned tommyD.
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 12:27pm »

on Apr 16th, 2008, 5:55am, tommyD wrote:

and the world-renowned tommyD.

Thats what I was going to say as well.  Smiley

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
MinxKittten
New Board Newbie
USA 

Supporter

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 11:55pm »

ok,  when i become famous  i will make sure the world knows about cluster headaches.....

i will form a world wide foundation and raise millions of dollars and give grants to find a cause and a cure.

i will ask brad and angelina to donate...

i'm not making fun,  i'm serious.  

i hope and plan to be rich and famous some day,  and it IS in my astrological chart,   and i Pledge to you all that i will bring world wide medical attention to this cause.

i love my CH sufferer and i will do whatever it takes to help him get better,  even if have to get rich and famous.

now yall better pray for me and send good vibes my way so i can get this done! Kiss
IP Logged
washed-out
New Board Newbie
Poland 

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 1:03pm »

I wouldn't wish a CH my worst enemy but imagine that one day someone really famous, with big influence becomes a sufferer (even for very short period of time) D: It would help us a lot :l
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 1:39pm »

on Apr 14th, 2008, 4:20pm, Lebowski wrote:
Huge Broncos fan here!!!!

We'll try not to hold that against you.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 6:29pm »

on Apr 17th, 2008, 1:39pm, brewcrew wrote:

We'll try not to hold that against you.

crackup
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

KatzPurr
New Board Newbie
USA 

10+ OUCH!

16090505 16090505     KatzPurr2

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 11:01pm »

I'm famous. My real name is actually Angelina. Cheesy  Seriously though... I cannot imagine with all the famous actors, singers, sports figures, writers, movie producers etc. that there aren't at least a few who suffer from ch. I would suspect that either they have been misdiagnosed or perhaps don't realize there are other sufferers like themselves.

In any case, I don't have a burning desire to be famous, except to become a published author someday. If that happens and I make a lot of money, I will most certainly use the profits to fund ch research. Hey, maybe I should write a book about ch... hmmm... thumb
IP Logged

KatzPurr's Purrrrrrr Palace
http://www.myspace.com/jlabax
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #16 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 12:06pm »

on Apr 17th, 2008, 11:01pm, KatzPurr wrote:
In any case, I don't have a burning desire to be famous, except to become a published author someday.  thumb

That's a dream you and I share. Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 1:20pm »

Certainly in these days of whoring out the juiciest of details in the world of celebrity that if someone did have CH, it would be known.
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 2:09pm »

on Apr 16th, 2008, 11:55pm, MinxKittten wrote:
ok,  when i become famous  i will make sure the world knows about cluster headaches.....

i will form a world wide foundation and raise millions of dollars and give grants to find a cause and a cure.

i will ask brad and angelina to donate...

i'm not making fun,  i'm serious.  

i hope and plan to be rich and famous some day,  and it IS in my astrological chart,   and i Pledge to you all that i will bring world wide medical attention to this cause.

i love my CH sufferer and i will do whatever it takes to help him get better,  even if have to get rich and famous.

now yall better pray for me and send good vibes my way so i can get this done! Kiss

Minx,

YOU GO BABE!  GET ER DONE!

You've got my vibes.  Just remember, when you are rich and famous, throw a bunch of money to DJ so he can keep this site up and running.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 7:56pm »

wow, great anwsers!! im still in research over this. i just cant beleive there are no really big stars or movie actors that would come out of their closets, and admit to their predgnazone addiction.!! geez, maybe their agents tell them no for the PR reasons, but rest easy every CH suffers leaves a paper trail, and coach bill is on it.!!
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 10:01pm »

coach...........(BTW, or like, really a Coach?,,,,,haha).......ck out the old thread i mentioned peviously, i think from 2005.............something about Lisa Kudrow's father...........(the girl from Friends).havent had a chance to look thru entire thread.......... cool2.ps coach.my daughter is on the CWPost Lacrosse Team and they are #1 in the country!!!(she is a freshman goalie, not c in too much time, but....next yr!!...).they are going to Texas for the semifinals in May, and hopefully finals!!! they were the National Champs last yr!!!)
IP Logged
MinxKittten
New Board Newbie
USA 

Supporter

« Reply #21 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 10:28pm »

on Apr 18th, 2008, 12:06pm, sandie99 wrote:

That's a dream you and I share. Smiley

Sanna

me too!  me too!!
IP Logged
Braindead
New Board Newbie
USA 

No clue No cure

« Reply #22 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 12:14am »

Recently my wonderful wife ask that I post a message on here about writting to Dr. Oz at the Oprah show.  I realize your specifically asking for Famous People who suffer on this thread but none the less, if we all write to Oprah/Dr. Oz asking for Public Awareness and knowledge, if anybody can get the word out, OPRAH can....if she were to tell the world the sky is purple, people would then believe the sky is! She has that way about her and that Dr. is pretty darn knowledgeable! Just a thought....
IP Logged
syrs842
New Board Newbie
USA 

A GOOD NITE SLEEP ALL AROUND

ptsayers
Email

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 8:11am »

Hey Braindead,
I was looking on Oprah's website and I dont see anywhere where you can write to her about suggestions for the show. Do have any idea on how to do it. I think it's a great idea, especially if we all did it. I think it's just as important as any other illness out there. Especially since it can be debilitating for some of us at times.
Thanks,

Pat
IP Logged

Pat
washed-out
New Board Newbie
Poland 

« Reply #24 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 6:38pm »

on Apr 20th, 2008, 8:11am, syrs842 wrote:
Hey Braindead,
I was looking on Oprah's website and I dont see anywhere where you can write to her about suggestions for the show. Do have any idea on how to do it. I think it's a great idea, especially if we all did it. I think it's just as important as any other illness out there. Especially since it can be debilitating for some of us at times.
Thanks,

Pat

Maybe here?

If you (whole CH commnity) want to do something like that, I think that someone of the board admins should make a new topic and stick it on the forums (to be read by everyone).

In my opinion there are two ways to pay their attention:
1. everyone send a mail/request on his own, writing short story about her/himself and about our problems (which are not only about the pain, are they?)
2. we write a petition and collect as many signatures of CH suferers as possible (there are many good online petition systems I guess)

I think that one of this thing (or both :>Wink would work Tongue
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss