Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I can not stand it any more!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I can not stand it any more!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I can not stand it any more!!!  (Read 4232 times)
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: I can not stand it any more!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 12:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 29th, 2002, 12:30am, rick wrote:
Kim,

Yeah, what do they say the ladies have when they are tough and courageous  ???  

This is a real question, I don't have a smart ass answer for this one.

But maybe someone else has one?Roll Eyes

Ted-  you funny...me don't know how...still laughing about the flute blowing fairy... good night.......

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Smiley Sad Lips Sealed
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:01am »

So.  Elaine.  Better yet? Wink
Sure hope so Cheesy
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:04am »

And I'm still laughing at you quoting yourself to tell me that. Smiley  Night.
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:11am »

Oh boy. Where oh where to begin? How about starting with the very first page of this website? And I quote, "You now have a place to "vent" when you wake up at 3 a.m. with a headache, the oxygen tank is empty, and you're out of Imitrex!... Finally...a place where you can talk to someone about how horrible your headaches are and know that they really do understand your pain." Simply stuff.  Need I explain that support and information, venting and seeking pain management need not be, are not,  mutually exclusive?  

I find the irony of this thread excruciating. Elaine, with all due respect, I can honestly think of no one else on this board who has publicly threatened leaving the board, killing themselves, or simply crying about how bad things are as much as you have.  And Ted, perchance your memory is not perfect (try august 16th, 2000 for one, if you doubt me).  You, along with everyone else here, have had moments of pure pain, of venting, of pity, of needing nothing more than a shoulder to cry on, an ear to vent into.  I truly mean no disrespect to either of you.  It is blatantly obvious to all here that both of you have done and continue to support, to research, to work towards a cure, to do everything within your power to make this disease more tolerable, despite your moments of personal need.  

I for one will continue to vent when I need to, to feel fucking horrible when I want to and more importantly...to allow my fellow sufferers the same right, less the hypocritical bullshit, less the judgment on whether or not they are working up to our standards when they are hurting.  
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:27am »

Hi Georgia. Just checked the archives for 8-16-00 and saw a post of mine talking about it being my birthday and feeling like shit that I made it to an older age than my brother. I searched long and hard for one that said he's dead, or I have clusters, and so all my failures in life are due for either reason. Can you tell me what you're refering to by bringing that up? Because it makes no sense to me.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:30am by Ted » IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:47am »

Hmmm. Guess not. Without a valid point, leave my brother the fuck out of any conversation. Angry And that said, Georgia, yes. I do still owe you and know it.
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #31 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:51am »

As a new kid on the block, it is interesting reading reguarding the history of this site. What I have learned is that the posts first centered on attacking the Beast and finding ways to cope when it arrived. It was also okay to vent and release your pain. To you, the posts are changing and not focused on seeking redress from our pain. I want you to know that the opportunity to be a part of this family has helped me immensly----the emotional side is stronger and thus coping with the pain is more tolerable. It would be hard and disappointing to me if I did not believe that all of us are not, in our own way seeking a remedy for CH and can't wait to share it with others on this site. Also, pay heed to the number of new members, as the family expands adjustments take time. I see this dialogue as a healthy process and am glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to the moment when I can say "I found it" and we will all be cured. Until then, I am quite willing to accept each of us for where we are at at this moment in time and I will give what I can to support my brothers and sisters. Love you all and PFDAN  Kiss ;D and hugs.
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:51am »

Quote:
And for those of you that say "we've all done it," hit a history. Hit on me. When have you ever s3een me doing it? I'm not saying it's bad when someone hits there point and starts complaining. But DO NOT say "we've all been doing it." I live in my own world and I don't bother you with it. Don't tell me I ever let you into what I go through. I may become an not a very nice person at times and y'all sit there and ridicule me. But name one time I've laid my shit on you.

Quote:
I read everyday about how this is a support group. A place to go to complain about life. NO!!!!! This isn't what this was not so long ago. this was a place to go to find the latest info about CH.

Pretty self explanatory, if you ask me. I consider August 2000 "not so long ago". As Pappy said...people who live in glass houses....

I am not trying to turn this into a personal attack of who did what and I apologize if my post read that way. (And as for that post in particular... just used to make a point, nothing to do with your brother). I am simply fuming over this thread, and I am not known for my tact when I am angered...ok, I am not known for my tact in general. I can appreciate that we need to focus on what we can do to stop ch, to manage the pain, etc...but I do not appreciate people being told that this is NOT a place for support but rather pure information.  That is, as I said before, hypocritical bullshit....bullshit that reeks with some self same sickly desire to control the posts on this board.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:04am by Georgia » IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:54am »

Elaine, I must referr now to the first line of you post...........which states "What the heck is going on?"

.................Got any suggestions? Cheesy.......................?
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 1:58am »

Georgia!  (oops posted twice Roll Eyes)
Please - don't get mad.  You can call me and get mad at me. ;D COLLECT ;D

Who threw the penny in the pond first?  Who cares.

Call me Georgia.
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:00am »

I see. So you think maybe one day. two days? Even three days of talking is basically the same as coming here EVERYDAY and making up excuses for your life? I still am waiting to see how people claiming their lives are ruined everyday is the same as you hunting back two years to find me actually talking about it one day is the same. I still am waiting to see how you can synthesize the point of complaining one day and making up excuses for their lives.
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:03am »

And while you're quoting (out of context) you might want to include this one, unless your point is to seem right and not be right:

"I'm not saying it's bad when someone hits there point and starts complaining."
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #37 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:05am »

ELAINE!........................ Shocked Shocked Shocked
Fix yur hair and help me OUT HERE! Shocked
You started it. ;D
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #38 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:12am »

Wow! This string was one long lump of shit.

Elaine was only saying don't blame every little thing that happens in life on headaches. Your dog didn't shit on the porch because you have clusters. Your two-bit daughter isn't hooked on drugs because you have clusters. And the stock market didn't crash just because you have clusters. There was advice given during the early years of this board that is still good today. "Get over yourself"

The only intelligent post here (except Elaine's) was from Elizabeth.

Hey Liz, I'm having a good time too. Yesterday I got all my saw blades sharpened and bought a Roto Zip. First thing in the morning Zackery and I are going to cut a hole in something. Cool huh?

And I have 2 new rolls of duct tape. Life is good  
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2002, 6:03am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:21am »

And um... I was going to make something of myself. And um... I don't know what. Just something. And um... So this guy Bob, like he said this thread was a lump of shit, right? So, um... I... I... I... I stopped looking, right? So, I think it's my head pain that makes me give up on life. It's, um... you know. So responsible to do that. And I shouldn't.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #40 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 2:42am »

Guess Bob Skipped Vegas this time......... Shocked
ya want my sawsol?
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #41 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 3:11am »

Ted.............don't give up on life. There's so much fun to be had

Get a roll of duct tape, then get a kitten, go up on the roof, then........oops, never mind.

Get a Roto Zip, then get your mother-in-law's car.........no, better not.

kim...............I have a Sawsall, but thanks for the offer.
I'm going to Vegas in about 7 hours.
IP Logged

markdavid
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 3:39am »

Hi Ted,   ;D   Elaine what a great can of worms you have opened! I don't want to sound like a trouble maker , but it's been a blast.

PFDAN TO ALL Smiley
IP Logged

Mark Hoebener
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

"Re: I can not stand it any more!!!
« Reply #43 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 5:09am »

I will not try and defend Elaine here,because she is old enough to do that herself.
But i will try and explain my answer to this.
Our life is not black or white.Life is in different shades,perhaps some of us has som spots of colour there to.At least i think i have that.1 of those spots is my family,and another 1 is all my friends here in Clusterville.
Of course you have the right to whine when it hurts.I`ll read that as a "cry out" for help.No more and no less then that.
And its a great opportunity to do that here when you having friends here that do understand and are willing to help in any way they can.We have all been in the hellhole with "General Cluster"Perhaps some of us can deal with that in better way then another clusterhead can.That i don`t know.
As a friend to all here i`ll have to be true to you.
Over the last almost a year i have noticed that some of you only "paint" your life black.I really do not think thats right to do to yourself.I think thats a devestating way of ruining your life
I`m sure that i have done my share of whining to,and i have had a lot of help and support  from my beautiful friends here.Just love all of you for that. Kiss Kiss.Just try and read between the line of what Elaine is try and tell us
Finaly but least a question for you.
Do you really blame every bad thing that happens to you on Cluster.I don`t think thats right.But as a clusterhead i know that we can or better are one of the most unreasonable people in the world.True or not?
Has to say that one positive thing about clusterheadache.If i did not had that diagnose i`ll never had the chanse to get so many GOOD friends as all of you

Take care friends and pfdan to you all  

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
oringkid

Email

« Reply #44 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 9:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't know if any of your post was directed towards my post Elaine, but just to clear things up, I don't blame CH for my finances or my depression or anything.  In fact I am of the belief that you can decide how you will handle your pain.  My post to Drk was saying that and there have been some who have given me crap for being able to function with this pain.
My "worthless" post was about my inability (and subsequent self pity (yes I know it was)) to feel like I was contributing to this site and OUCH.

But, this is a SUPPORT group isn't it?  Not a research site.  I may think that others need to get a handle on their lives, wrest control of their lives away from the beast, but I don't think that anyone should be told they shouldn't vent or should keep their feelings to themselves BECAUSE it IS supposed to be a support site.

As usual I can see both sides of this (which can be a real bitch sometimes) and agree with both on certain points.

Part of support is to try to help others who can only see black, to at least see a little gray.  To try to point them in a new direction.  If we want to help with the pain, part of that is letting people let the pain out, helping them to see that the pain is not the only thing.  It is very easy to blame bad things on the most prominent thing in your life, much easier than blaming it on yourself or your possible failings.  But that is human nature!

I KNOW that you Elaine are one of the most caring and compassionate supporters on this site.  And yes this site can get very depressing and full of self pity, but isn't that also the nature of the beast?  And don't almost all of us, through the caring and support we receive here, turn that around?  I think we do!
I can't think of anyone right off hand who has been consistently down and did not turn themselves around to at least try to give a little hope to another.

I love all you guys and have never met a one of you.

Well thats all, I will shut up now

Sherry
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 10:38am »

Well Kim,seeing how this is  basically a CH site I would suggest...........

MEDICINE BALLS
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 10:43am »

Lets see......where do I start? ???

First I'll say that I think I know Elaine pretty well.  She would never make a post or say anything that would intentionally hurt anyone.  I also don't think that her post was directed at anyone.  She has stated her opinion about the way some of our posts make her feel and she is right.  I read some of it and see nothing but gloom and doom.  This is a "support" board....it is a place to vent, rant and rave if we need to.  It is not a "wah" board.  Elaine is telling us to hang in there...fight...do something...stop blaming CH for everything that is wrong with our lives.  I have always believed that we can't control what happens to us in our lives but we sure as hell can control what we do about it....how we handle it....how we cope.  She's telling us to get off the pity pot and get in the ring.  Fight like hell!!!  Her post made me  think of something that my Dad used to say..."I cried because I had no shoes until I saw the man that had no feet".

Now, you all may think I'm full of shit because I'm not a CH sufferer.......just a supporter.  But I am married to a chronic....a bad chronic!!!   He refuses to quit fighting or give in.  We WILL NOT let the beast rule!!!!  That is the only way we know how to cope.  Yes it sucks but there are good days and happy times.  There are things to be glad about.  There are good days and even a pain free one sometimes.  Sometimes we even get to sleep all night.  No I don't feel the physical pain.   CH does give me heart pain....big time!!  I've prayed many times that the beast would get on me and leave my wonderful husband alone.

There is safety in numbers......hang together.......help when you can.

OK...I'm gonna STFU (shut the fuck up).... Lips Sealed  I tend to ramble and get off the subject anyway.

Jacks Cool

PS......Pappy, just so you'll know..Elaines children are not step children.  They are 100% hers...as much as if she had carried them for nine months and given birth the old fashion way....naturally... ;D

IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 11:00am »

To The people who read my post and understood it, Thanks.
For the people who did not read and understand it I am sorry.
This place is for us to interact with each other, no matter what is bugging us. We have become friends and we share a lot of stuff with each other. What I was saying was if you have something wrong in your life and want to talk. We will be glade to talk to you. But you have not got to blame it on clusters for us to do that.
Dons Dog needed a operation we all cheeped in and helped but he did not post his dog got sick cause he had clusters. We are all praying  for Barbara G but her problems are not ch related right now. Vent all you want but please only blame clusters for what they cause. My daughter she lost two jobs in a month, not because of any health problem, the fact she has a problem at getting to work on time. (she is not a morning person) that was the cause. Put the blame where it should be. This board is not just to vent on we would like to hear about your good days also.  I have posted some bad things that have happen in my life but I have also posted some wonderful things that happen in my life and I blamed the bad things on what caused them, not clusters.  
I don’t want new people to feel they can not ask for help for cluster sure they can and there is not one here that wouldn’t help. We would all help if we can. But if everything they read is blamed on clusters and they see no sunshine ahead, maybe its our fault because we paint such a black picture. If everything you see is black then its hard to see anything. Could it be we are feeding them the wrong message. That there is no sunshine ahead, no good days, no hope.  Sherry for one her post are great she shows sunshine along with the rain.  
If no one has anything to smile about they are not going to. Smile life is not all clusters and there is sunshine ahead.

Blake is a blessed man Jackie to have a wife like you ! You are so right my children are a 100% mine. Even their birth records say so. Smiley
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 11:46am »

E.
  As I explained in my e-mail to you, I thought you had posted that you had adopted one of the girls, in fact I didn't even know about the other 2 and all their problems, a little birdie told me, also the reason I posted that Congratulations or I'm sorry which ever applied is I remember the stories of the abuse you took at the hands of this person that now you will remarry,People don't change,they get old!
 I don't try to intentionally whine here, I use the load I carry as an example to others that no matter how hard life is for them all you have to do is walk out your front door and open your eyes to find 1000 with lives which are as equally difficult. this is not OUCH it's Clusterheadache.com and the mission statement DJ put up is quite clear!    Pappy
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #49 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 12:06pm »

Hey Jackie.........there is no such thing as "just a supporter"

Please don't use that phrase again or I'll come back here and tell you shut up  Wink

And your father is a smart man!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss