Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Reply To Water X 3 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Reply To Water X 3
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reply To Water X 3  (Read 483 times)
sergio

Email

Reply To Water X 3
« on: Aug 4th, 2002, 3:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just wanted to let everyone know that when my episodes begin to occur, I use the water treatment initially as long as I can.  Although after a couple of days of it, my clusters get smart and are not fooled by the water.  But I must say the water does work for awhile.  

I have been running more now, and I've realized I've been without clusters for a year (knock on wood).  I'm not a doctor so bare with me, but I believe that if the body is not burning enough sugar the muscles store an exessive amount of chemicals.  Chemicals create tensions and acheness.  By flushing the body with water and burning the sugars by running, has been my attack on this horrific life-controlling problem.  

I've been a sufferer for 11 years.
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Reply To Water X 3
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2002, 3:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Drinking all that water must have conditioned you rather well for running. LOL

I stopped drinking everything but water and coffee. An occasional iced tea. I've been relatively PF, out of cycle for almost one year now. Longest I have been able to go w/o cycle for 25 years.
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2002, 6:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Tried water treatment with this latest cycle and it was helpful. Not sure if my getting up to pee so often kept me out of Rem sleep but I didn't care. Beast adusted however. Also exericise regularly and this may be keeping the pain level moderate. Again, not sure if these connections are related but water and exercise was not something I had been doing before.
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 12:02pm »

I started the water regime last week and try to down about a gallon a day. I have not felt better in years!  
--TomM--
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 2:50pm »

When I first found this board about a year ago, the water X 3 treatment was a popular topic, but it hasn't been mentioned much lately.  

It worked pretty well for me, I pushed back the attacks from two a day to one every two days, then used the shroom treatment to wipe out the beast entirely.

Margi mentions the water treatment as a preventaitve approach, but I used it to abort attacks as well. At the first sign of an attack, I would down at least a quart of cold water within a minute or two. Two out of three times I tried this, it would abort, or significantly reduce, an attack within 10 minutes.

Some worry too much water is bad for you...it is, but it takes a LOT of water -- three gallons a day -- to cause problems. I just posted this in another thread, but here it is again anyway.

Can You Drink Too Much Water?  

From, To Your Health - Winona Daily News  
By Dr. Paul G. Donohue  

You can eat or drink too much of anything, including water. Healthy kidneys can filter 12 quarts of water a day, an amount about six times the body's water quota.  

Drink much more than 12 quarts and you can dilute body fluids to such an extent that headaches occur, confusion sets in and coma might develop.  

You really would have to work at it to drink that much water in one day, however. People who drink that much water often suffer from mental illness.  

Clear urine is not an indication of too much water. More often than not, it indicates that the proper amounts of water have been drunk.  

If, however, running to the bathroom every 15 minutes goes along with clear urine, then something is amiss. Excess water can be one of the reasons why the two - frequent urination and colorless urine - are coupled.
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss