Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sound familliar? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sound familliar?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sound familliar?  (Read 455 times)
gtarman

Email

Sound familliar?
« on: Aug 5th, 2002, 1:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Any of you guys in my situation? I'm coming off the Verapamil starting today; had maybe 5 hours sleep last 3 days, heart pounding, even the Ambien can't get me to sleep, so I'm goin' cold-turkey, see what happens.  I've had constant pressure HA last 5 weeks 24/7 but no "icepick" attacks. Becoming crazy, only go to work, can't take wife anywhere, do anything, starting to talk to myself, people are noticing, eyes might blow out of my head anytime.
Had my first attack 5 years ago while driving; if I'd known what was coming, I'd have seen just how fast that t-bird would go before slamming into an interstate bridge abutment. See? Crazy.
My shroom crop is maybe 10 days - 2 weeks from an actual dose. Wish I could put myself in cryonic suspension till then...can't take much more of this...sorry to bleed on your floor, but nobody else understands - they can't comprehend. Fuck this thing.
PFDAN to everyone, whatever that might feel like...
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

Re: Sound familliar?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 2:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

;D ;D I think we pretty much all understand, why dont you go get some dramamine or benadryl, the dramamine will keep you out of rem sleep but will allow you to sleep, if you react to benadryl like I do it will knock you out for 12 hours,but there is a hangover to pay afterwards, Pick your posion,
     I don't envy you but ai know that there is a reason behind your madness, bro!
     We are all here a click away and if you need to vent, just vent away!  Pappy

I just reread the post after seeing Jonnys reply, he is absolutely right, don't just stop taking the Verapamil, it's very foolish and dangerous as hell!  you need to taper off of it slowly, Please get your Doctors opinion and help!
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2002, 10:56am by sailpappy » IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 7:05pm »

Sorry you're having a rough time gtarman.  Hang in there.  You're going to need lots of will power if you're shrooming while in cycle or chronic.  But you can do it, and it's worth it.  When I tapered off of verapamil I felt a bit strange also and my heart felt fluttery sometimes.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 7:23pm »

If "cold turkey" means you are just going to stop taking the Verap altogether DONT!!!!, do as eye's say's and taper down. I made that HUGE mistake, dont go there, dude.

.........................jonny
Good luck
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #4 on: Aug 5th, 2002, 9:39pm »

The anxiety is a bitch. Hate not being in control. Began to recognize what I had control over. One thing I was in charge of was the decisions I made. Do what you can to be prepared because the Beast has his own agenda. Could be a mild cycle for all you know so hang in there and breathe deeply brother.
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 1:05pm »

Thanks everybody, yesterday was a bad day but today is better.
Jonny, I did a half-of-usual dose (verap) for 3 days before quitting completely, seem to be doing OK now. Is it just me, or do a lot of these meds effect people differently? I couldn't tell you for sure that ANYTHING I've ever taken had ANY effect on this horseshit, other than Zomig/Amerge, and they made my chest hurt big-time. As Paul_b said, the beast has it's own agenda, and I can't tell if something is helping or if the SOB is just screwing with me.
Ah, well, day-to-day, carry on. I will post my shroom experience soon. Film at eleven.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss