Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Iraq »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Iraq
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Iraq  (Read 1934 times)
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Iraq
« Reply #25 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 12:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wish peace for all the souls that are about to be lost.
IP Logged
Scotty_Dog
New Board Newbie

Say, what is that strange feeling in my ARRRGGG!!!

ScottMon77
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 1:10am »

First of all,  
Thank you sailpappy for serving my country, even in a BS Conflict that you were destined to lose, and thank you to all the VETS who served, in war and peace.

I remember the outrage that this country felt when 9-11 happened, and now I see too many people forgetting the horror of that day, concerned with gas prices and how other countries will feel.  We live in the greatest country that has ever existed on this planet, and we take that great gift and forget the responsibility that comes with it.  Like it or not, we have fallen into the role of policing the world and it is our job, or nobodies, to bring an end to dictators like Saddham and Terrorism.

We need to stop letting Israel take all this heat for defending themselves, which is exactly what we are doing.  That makes us look like big bullies who only care about ourselves, and we need to use Special Forces, and the CIA, to take out that dictator, work with Jordon, and stand up a leadership that will serve our purposes,  

We need to stop being so concerned with oil prices and the ecology of our natural resources.  We have more oil under the Gulf of Mexico than all the Middle East nations combined.  The forest need to be harvested so huge forest fires can be avoided, and we need Doctors will backbones that will prescribe medications because they work, and not because they are getting a cut from the Pharmacy Rep who tells them to prescribe the new, expensive crap that does nothing but give you side effects that you need to go back to the doc for to get more expensive crap to counter act!

(Man, I wonder where my thoughts are)

Anyway, God bless you all, and especially, all you VETS, and remember what Tomas Jefferson said, “Without the shedding of blood, there is no freedom”
 Grin
IP Logged

Doc says,

"the pain is all in your head"
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 1:35am »

LOL Rick. That's a rather bland and s.h.eepish opinion, don't you think? I don't think many here have called for the eternal damnation of all souls who fight on either side.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2002, 1:36am by Ted » IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 8:24am »

Now, now Ted if I wrote that you would have thought it was nice... (referring to rick's comment)

I agree with Ted something has to be done... but this stuff scares me.  I would preferr that CNN stop warning and telling our enemies that "We're coming and how we are going to do it and when".

I also agree with jonny (imagine that) dont they have an IRAQ message board to argue this one on... I hate when you guys get all passionate about war and politics.  I know ... SHUT UP REE
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 8:43am »

Ted--you remind me of Jack Nicholson from 'A Few good Men'--"You want me on that wall. You need me on that wall..."  
Jonny--glad to read you are still the same, my friend. Believe it or not, sometimes some of us discuss other topics not related to CH's. LOL.
SailPappy--Have I said 'Thanks" to you lately? Thank you for doing what so few have been asked, many more these days refuse,  and returned safely to tell us about it.
Jimbo--IMHO, you are right on target.
Scotty_Dog--"We need to stop being so concerned with ...the ecology of our natural resources" Wow!
--TomM--
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 11:47am »

1st off, I think jonny showed great restraint ( for him)  Cheesy
and clever subtleness in his post.  I started to write a post along the same lines but gave up due to that damn internal server error message.

Think about it... If everyone started to post their views on world events, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation ( ok, maybe that's ok  Wink ), this board would be inundated with BS that has absolutely nothing to do with Clusters....!

I'm sorry,  if I wanted to rant on these subjects, I would go to a MB that caters to them, at least the people there are knowlegeable and passionate on that subject enough to be there!

When I log on in here, I could give a fuck about Iraq, and I'm sure most, if not all, could give a rat's ass what my thoughts are, on Iraq!

but, hey, then again..that's just me!

Slammy   Cool
IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 11:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This thread reminds me of something someone told me a long time ago, and that I've decided to adopt for myself... I don't discuss religion or politics with my friends, because I have lost too many friends that way.

PFDAN........................ Drk^Angel
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #32 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 12:03pm »

Ted,

Not at all.  My personal opinions have already been expressed by others who have already posted on this thread, there really isn't much for me to say.      

And I didn't state that anyone was calling for the damnation of souls.  You are reading a little to deeply into a very simple statement.  There are a tremendous number of lives which are about to be lost on both sides of the conflict, primarily many innocents on the other side.  That is tragic from a human perspective any way you look at it.   I do agree that taking out Saddam is a better option than watching the city I live in be transformed into a large non-hallucinogenic mushroom.    

So again, I wish for peace for all the souls that are about to be lost on both sides, as well as for all those lost on Sept. 11th, and for all those killed in Afghanistan.  

Have a good one,

-Rick    
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2002, 12:09pm by rick » IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 12:40pm »

Man, you all. Calm down. I would have figured my starting it out by writing "LOL" would have been a BIG clue that I was only joking around.
IP Logged
ECV_XPBC

Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 3:22pm »

Going after Saddam is inevitable.  Whether it be on our own preemptive terms, or his terms (use of bio-chem weapons), or his use of nukes.  The isolationists can have it their way, in which case we're talking option 2.   But let's face it, if this camel jockey uses nukes, he does it once only - and we won't allow Israel to respond in kind - we'll do it for them using tac-nukes that will not only take him out but also his infrastructure.  Saddam's use of strategic nuclear weapons won't be a unifying force in Arab/Islamic world, but will provide his neighbors and the West the necessary reason to hunt him down like the rabid dog he is.  This is no Afghanny guerilla hunt - Saddam couldn't survive a week in caves of Tora Bora; too much elitist pampering.
Pay now - pay later, why procrastinate!!!!
Sandman
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 5:29pm »

Getting there is half the fun. We're working at it. It would be nice if that were all it took. Unfortunately, this guy is a nut and not like the Russians.  He has nowhere to go and it's up to the West to hurry him along before he takes too many more with him.

It would be nice if this were enough.  Unfortunately these guys never seem to go away for good.  We are the good guys. That we spend time worrying about it is evidence of this.  

Sorry Jonny. I was compelled to keep this going.  

That mean old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
mark_david

Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 11:15am »

CIA TAKE OUT SADAM

U.S. OUT OF U. FUCKING N.

PNDAN
MARK DAVID HOEBENER
IP Logged
Jack

Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 12:11pm »

I was staying out of this one but I can't sit still while that Bible Belt, Shotgun Toting, Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition. Born Again and Again, Fundamentalist Pip Squeak DEN spews his hatred.

We need to leave Iraq alone and

invade Panama again!!

or maybe Haiti

or Uruguay

or Swaziland

Love

Jack
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 1:03pm »

(quote)
........leave Iraq alone and

invade Panama again!!

or maybe Haiti

or Uruguay

or Swaziland ........    (unquote)

Sounds like a Dubya/Texan/Bush plan to me: runs in the family....Warrus Interruptus...... kick a little ass, leave the head... why oh why did they stop short of Baghdad?  

IMNSHO........just invade SWITZERLAND...(leave Ueli alone tho....)  and we'll have most these bastidges by the short and curlies (read bankroll).... where it hurts the worst...... might as well get the Caymans while we're at it.....i think that's where BobP stashed the OUCH money  Grin
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #39 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 12:29pm »

A little up-date to ScottyDog.

We did not lose the Vietnam war. In 1972 the war effort was turned over to the South Vietnamese to do battle. At that time the US pulled out the troops.

Saigon fell in 1975. The American forces were not there.

It's hard to lose a war when you're not there.

The "We lost the war" mentality is only in the minds of the anti-war freaks that refuse to read history and gather facts.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
jonny

Email

« Reply #40 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 12:52pm »

FUCK'IN A, BOB!!!!!

....................jonny
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss