Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 12:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Where have you been all my life? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Where have you been all my life?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Where have you been all my life?  (Read 542 times)
LauraT

Email

Where have you been all my life?
« on: Aug 6th, 2002, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi everyone.  I'm LauraT and I've been suffering for 28 years since I was 14. I had NO clue that there are so many people out there who's words seem to come from my mouth. My family and friends have been as supportive as they could be but, since none suffer as I do, have never been able to completely relate.  

Decades of Doctors and Hosts of Hospitals from one end of this country to the other have been nothing but frustration. I can say unashamedly (on this website, at least) that without Imitrex, I would probably have been at the wrong end of my 38 revolver long ago.

I only found this websight this morning and have spent most of the day exploring posts and info. You all speak my secret language that until now was for me alone.  For that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Too many nights rocking myself against a wall on the bathroom floor waiting for the evil monster in my head to leave. Too many days of locking myself away from life and family behind a closed bedroom door so I don't scare my kids.  

Too much "fun" passed behind me while I suffered through torture and wondered if maybe I really was just "crazy".  

I guess I just wanted to say "Thank you" for just the relief to know that I am not.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2002, 11:44pm by LauraT » IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

Re: Where have you been all my life?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 1:22am »

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast is jackhammerin' your cranium to make way for his new sidewalk of pain.  Welcome to the family!

PFDAN.................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 4:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Aw shit.

I hate to read these stories but like you, it was something to learn of so many other sufferers. I had no idea there were so many and that CH seems to play no favorites.  

Yup. When you come here, you are among people who suffer as you and surprisingly put up with this horror without turning anti-social.  Just coming here says a lot about you.  

All I can tell you is to stick around, read and contribute. Believe it or not you will find some help.  Post again and let us know how you're doing. We can learn from you as well.

Wishing he could do more old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
LauraT

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 6:31pm »

Thank you for the reply!

It's nice to know you're not alone, sheesh.  

Just got back from work and made it home before the pain..thank the good Lord above!
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 8:39am »

You are not crazy when you are among freinds. I, too, swear by Imitrex. I keep a supply on the boat, in my car, in my breifcase, and in my wife's purse. That way I am never far away from relief.  
Stay strong. Stay pain free.
--TomM--
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 8:50am »

Hi LauraT and Welcome.  I'm sorry that you're in pain right now but stick around. This site will surely help.  It did for me.  It literally saved my life.

Read and research as much as you can.  Lots of people here with really good ideas to help you manage the pain (both physical and emotional).

Again, welcome.  I wish you PFDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Calamus

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 9:29am »

Hi Laura and Hello to the rest of the board. I have suffered from the "beast" since 1988. I am so thankful I found this website. I too, never knew there were so many sufferers. I swear by Imitrex as well. I have been taking Imitrex for the past 5 years. Like Tom I have Imitrex everywhere.

A couple of weeks ago while at a friends house, the beast raised its ugly head and for the life of me I could not find my imitrex. So I took two 500mg excedrin tabs along with two 500mg NIghttime Sinus Tylenol. To my surprise this combination worked well and rather quickly. IN about 30 minutes the sharp pain subsided. However I don't recommend this as an everyday treatment just as an emergency. Prepared to be drowsy.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 9:52am »

Welcome LauraT - you are in great company here with all these wonderful people!!!!  Wink   I'm sure that you will find something on this site that will be helpful to you.  There are SO many different med combos and treatments out there!

We all know too well what you are going through - the hiding, the hurting, the banging and the rocking.  We are all here for you....

Keep the faith...

NotH20
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 1:00pm »

Welcome Laura. This website scared the crap outta me when I first found it; I was still in denial and ignorance. But with knowlege comes acceptance, and with acceptance comes the will to carry on.
All us head-bangers are right here with ya, kiddo.
IP Logged
2late
New Board Hall of Famer

Ride Free..Pain Free

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 5:52pm »

welcome to the board,where the hell you been? sorry to hear your gettin' crushed,your situation will definately improve now that you found us,keep us posted & good luck!!!                                 ............2late
IP Logged
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 8:52pm »

Hi LauraT
   So sorry to have to welcome you here..but... welcome home.. you are among friends who either suffer or support a sufferer. Stick around, read all you can. You may just find something that helps with the bad times...
huggzzz
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss