Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « help migraines/cluster headaches/estrogen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   help migraines/cluster headaches/estrogen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: help migraines/cluster headaches/estrogen  (Read 771 times)
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

help migraines/cluster headaches/estrogen
« on: Aug 8th, 2002, 1:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am 39yo woman, I was told years ago after a car accident, I have post trauma migraines and cluster headaches. I went to have them checked after i was driving to the emergency room and thought my headache would go away if I just ran into the bridge abuttment. When I got there, they tested me for narcotics, even though I had a droopy eyelid, one messed up pupil, and a hot poker in my head.  I sat in a rolling chair screamng and wanting to ram against the wall.

I was also told never to have estrogen.  What part of NEVER don't doctors understand?  I came home from my honeymoon after a "low dose" pill, with puking migraines, ended up with cluster headaches for months.  I was treated years later for endometriosis with low dose estrogen, had puking migraines in a week, cluster headaches for month.

What is the deal with migraines AND cluster headaches? Can one bring on the other, can they happen at the same time?  

Currently, I am dealing with a doctor trying to normalize me after a hysterectomy.  I have not had cluster headaches in YEARS, and now the demon has reared it's ugly head.  I KNOW it's the estrogen, and they are wanting me to have my blood pressure checked (fine) and my eyes checked (doing that tomorrow).  I understand how they want to get the most info they can, but I WANT them to know I was told to NEVER have estrogen!
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: help migraines/cluster headaches/estrogen
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 8:05pm »

Hi sorry the CH has returned... but welcome anyway... I hear you about the Migraines and hormones, but I didnt know that they could trigger or effect CH.   It totally sucks being a woman sometimes... most of the time, weekly, daily, every minute... Dump the Gynecologist and get a good Neuro...   You can  both Migraine and Cluster Headaches at the same time there are a few sufferers here that get them both... good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions.  Take care Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
kristi

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey Ree;

I agree it totally sucks being a woman sometimes.....but I will take it over the alternative any day!

Grin ;D ;D

PFDAN.  K
IP Logged
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 9:02pm »

Thanks for your comments Ree, one thing particularly interesting to me was how you said YES you can suffer from migraine and cluster headaches at the same time.

All day, I was obsessing, "so is the the migraine part or the cluster headache, this is totally my cluster headache, this is not a cluster headache."  Like right now, I am NOT having the hot poker, obsessing about rubbing my face, wanting to scream, eye burning thing going on. No, now I am nauseated and feel like the inside of my skullhas been carved out. It's like there's a dead spot in there where I was having the bad cluster headache, but it's not the same.  

I would like to hear more about the "anatomy" of having both headaches.  

Also, it's not so much my doctor, he's a prince, it's getting through tohim.  He has this particular nurse who says "he would have to have you blah blah before he would blah blah," sort of talking to him.  I just need to figure out the right thing to say to her to prompt him to call me. HE's not going to take care of my headaches, I am hoping this is just temporary--please LORD!  It's been going on since the 19th!  HE has actually acknowledged I may not be able to take estrogen given my history, it was actually MY request I try the patch, since the shot did not bother me, the pill OBVIOUSLY did.  The nurse, on the other hand, says maybe i needed a higher dose, that's why I am having headaches, or maybe my blood pressure is high.  

You know, it's just been so long since I had the bloody things, I forgot how consuming they are, I forgot I UNDERSTAND WHAT IS MESSING UP MY BODY!  When the pill caused the start up of the headaches, I should have said THEN, let's see what happens if I take nothing.  Live and learn.
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss