Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Got Migraines AND CH?  Talk to me!   »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Got Migraines AND CH?  Talk to me!  
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got Migraines AND CH?  Talk to me!    (Read 343 times)
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

Got Migraines AND CH?  Talk to me!  
« on: Aug 9th, 2002, 1:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think in 1986, I was diagonsed with post trauma migraines (had a serious accident, head injury, in shock, coma for a couple days) and cluster headaches at the department of neurology at Emory in Atlanta.  There is so much new stuff that has happened since then re: cluster headaches, but I was really lucky, I never had long drawn out episodes.  

It's kind of hard though when I start getting a headache trying to figure out what is going on. One thing I realize now I didn't used to know, if I wake up with one, probably a CH. When one side of my sinus plugs up and my eye goes goofy, probably a CH.  The hot poker in the head thing is obvious, but that's usually after I have had it a while.

What seems to be going on with me, is I have the cluster headache, and almost all the other time I have a migraine.  I am paranoid to take something for the migraine, it makes the cluster headache worse.  

I havent seen a neuro in years about this. I want to try to avoid it.  Meds usually make me so sick or where I can't function. I HAVE been drinking tons of water, I don'tknow if it's wishful thinking, but it seems to help?

Well, I have talked too much, anyone who has migraines AND clusterheadaches, please talk to me!
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

Re: Got Migraines AND CH?  Talk to me!  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 1:48pm »

"I havent seen a neuro in years about this. I want to try to avoid it"

Leggs, this is where I think you are making a mistake.  With your history, especially with a trauma injury, you really need to see a neuro.  Why avoid it? A neuro is best qualified to diagnose you, not a bunch clusterheads like us!  All we can do is relate our experiences which may or may not have anything to do with your problem.  I can say though, most of us did not develop cluster headaches as a result of a trauma injury...and most of us do not concurrently suffer from classic meegraines.

Go to a neuro!  let us know what he (she) says!

Slammy   Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2002, 1:52pm by Slammy » IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 2:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Definately see a neuro.  You need to find some sort of treatment, and you'll only be able to do that with proper diagnosis, and working with a doctor familiar with that diagnosis.  If you have both clusters and migraines, you'll need to be treated for both conditions to be truely pain free.  There's alot of treatment options for clusters, and this site can only point you to them... A doctor will be needed to actually prescribe the neccesary meds, and monitoring of the treatment.

PFDAN...................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 3:13pm »

I would definately see a neuro!

I have had migraine since I was 3 and cluster cluster since 25 (I'm 39 now).

The difference for me in the beginning is the cluster is behind an eye and the migraine is in the temple.

Then... the cluster builds to the burning, stabbing pain.
The migraine stays a dull ache.

Imitrex works for both!
Talk to a neuro about it.
Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss