Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Almost cussed a nurse today »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Almost cussed a nurse today
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Almost cussed a nurse today  (Read 524 times)
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

Almost cussed a nurse today
« on: Aug 9th, 2002, 1:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I try to be a good Christian woman, but I almost lost it todaySince July 19, I have been having CH.  Based on the fact the top 4 CH I had in my life since 1986 were caused by estrogen, don't you think it was logical to consider it was the problem?  

I tried to get the nurse to have the doctor call me, he DOES get it about clusterheadaches.  I stopped the estrogen yesterday, first day in weeks I have NOT WOKE UP with a headache, I have one now, but it's probably a migraine.

Anyway, I reminded her of the likelihood of this headache problem being cluster headaches, and I probably would just not take anything. She says "well you know you are going to have hot flashes."  I took a deep breath, but I was thinking "SCR&*W hot flashes, have you ever had a %%$$#@bloody cluster headache!"

Cluster headaches aren't just a bad headache, they need to be rennamed, cluster brain explosions
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: Almost cussed a nurse today
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 1:55pm »

She should feel fortunate that you didn't open up on her.  Can't relate to hot flashes but most definatly can with the CH part.

You should feel proud for keeping your composure.

I like your name -- makes me think of the ZZ Top song and then my imagination goes wild.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Tesa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, you are definitely more of a Christaian woman than I, because I did cuss a nurse today!  Been without imitrex for 2 days, and finally the nurse calls me back 2 days later to inform me the doctor will not be refilling any imitrex for me.  My clusters started about the same times as yours, and are peaking right now at 3-4 a day mostly in the middle of the night.  What is the deal with getting imitrex, and why should I have to be allowed only 1 imitrex a day, and pick and choose which CH I want to abort, and which ones I want to suffer in complete agony with for 2/3 hours!  The world is a cruel place!

Tesa
IP Logged
ChristineL

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 4:04pm »

Hot flashes are a piece of cake compared to these damn things. I am also going through the "change" and have elected to not take any HRT. women delt with them for centuries before HRT was invented so I figure why mess with mother nature.  Go natural - seems like it helps. Oh - and find a new DR!!!

Chris L
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 4:49pm »

Go ahead and cuss the nurse... Or even better... Cuss the doctor... They deserve.  If they're not working with us, they're working against us, and need a severe attitude adjustment.

PFDAN............................ Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Kezz

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 5:29pm »

You deffinitely are a good Christian woman for not cussing that nurse. I agree with the others that ALL of the people at the hospital didn't see you yelling and screaming in anger AND pain. I do hope that SOMEONE listens to you. I will keep you in my prayers.  

Kezz
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 7:26pm »

Rats:

Since we cannot get sympathy unless we come to the ER with an arm hanging from a socket, it's time for one of those lawsuits for loss of potential.  Granted we weren't at The World Trade Center but surely clusterheads have a better case than the moron who is suing fast food restaurants because he put on weight.  

Damn doctors treat us like this is the result of some alien virus we're responsible for. I've had pretty good luck with doctors but that's because of my epilepsy.....A "real" disease.  Sad

They've been lucky so far.  One of these days, a disgruntled postal worker who is a clusterhead will be a patient  Shocked

Really iffy old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jonny

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 7:50pm »

Know what would be relly nice?

Ya walk in the ER with a raging  kip 10 and the bitch tells you to get in line...Only you hop over the desk into her lap, plant a big kiss on her as you put a 9mm to the back of your head so she gets some too

There goes the pain in your head and the pain in your ass.

just a thought.

........................jonny
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 9:30pm »

Charlie, that was a funny post. Wink  Hell, maybe I'll take the test Cheesy  For some odd reason the thought of a postal worker with clusters is HILARIOUS.  I know, SICK!  Anyway, at least we'd be on the news.............. Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 9:50pm »

<<women delt with them for centuries before HRT was invented so I figure why mess with mother nature.  Go natural - seems like it helps. Oh - and find a new DR!!! >>

I agree with the natural, I didn't even have ANYTHING when I gave birth to my two children, to me, after suffering cluster headaches, pain was a relative thing!  Childbirth was a breeze!  

I have given up a lot to avoid my headaches, I don't drink at all, I mean, what I would do to just have a beer with pizza sometimes, I just know it has brought CHs back again, it's just not worth it.  

<<Oh - and find a new DR!!! >>My doctor is a prince, it was actually MY mistake to request  to transfer to the patch after the pills gave me a headaches for a week working up to a cresendo CH by the 7th day.  I had like 8 different procedures done at once, hernias fixed, etc, and I was just really afraid of assulting my body with lack of hormones.  I made the mistake of picking the WORSE of two evils.  

This doctor has returned calls after hours within minutes, let me be patched through to his vacation home during fourth of July when I was in pain from surgery, let me be patched directly to his house immediately around midnight when I had the headaches from the pill.  I bet we would all LOVE to have a neurosurgeon like that whenever we have a CH at 1am!  It's the nurse issue, they want to pretend the keepers of the gate or something.  You just have to decifer what you feel would get her to have the doctor call you.
IP Logged

ihootlaili
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 9:56pm »

<<than I, because I did cuss a nurse today!  Been without imitrex for 2 days, and finally the nurse calls me back 2 days later to inform me the doctor will not be refilling any imitrex for me.  >>

I know a lot of great nurses, but this one sounds in the class of the one I am dealing with at times, the "keeper of the gate/holy grail" type.  Doesn't she get you are a HUMAN, a person, not just a statistic, a number on a piece of paper telling her how to deal with your case?  

I recall one of my worst CH episodes I wrote about elsewhere, when a doctor was essentially accussing me of being an addict, had my blood tested in the middle of the night at an emergency room.  I was bawling and screaming and pulling my face off for like an hour, which seemed like eternity. I wasn't a blasted DOG trying to come in there are get a fix.  If he had any sense, he would have been able to spot classic CH at 2am!  

What are you going to do?  Can you find somewhere who will be more accomodating to your treatment?
IP Logged

ihootlaili
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 10:07pm »

<<Since we cannot get sympathy unless we come to the ER with an arm hanging from a socket, it's time for one of those lawsuits for loss of potential>>

Once I learned more about cluster headaches, I really felt like I would have had a viable lawsuit against the idiot emergency room Dr. who had to make sure my blood was "clean" before he gave me anything for my pain.  Ah, the statute of limitations, that was too many years ago.

<<Damn doctors treat us like this is the result of some alien virus we're responsible for. I've had pretty good luck with doctors but that's because of my epilepsy.....A "real" disease. >>

This is really pitiful to say, but so true!  You know, it seems very close to an alien virus, people cannot not in any way conceive of the pain, it's beyond pain, it's not of this world, that's why the demon is a great way to explain it.   It is sad you have to have a "real" disease to come across competent doctors.    

<<They've been lucky so far.  One of these days, a disgruntled postal worker who is a clusterhead will be a patient >> How about an overweight housewife?  I could sit on them and bounce on them until their head exploded.
IP Logged

ihootlaili
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 11:18pm »

I cussed many a nurse many a time.  Usually they stuck me and I eventually shut up Roll Eyes
All three of my lil cherubs were c-section.  I'm quite sure I was quiet and serene throughout the whole anethesized event.
I'm skinny, so if I jumped on a nurse she'd fling me right out the window.  Or else stick me again.  In which case I'd remain QUIET ;D
My only weapon has been my mouth (which can be quite active and bring a grimace to the sweetest of fairies)
Thankfully, I am too pooped out to have any more kids, and I no longer trapse around on motorcycles which seemed to unite me with nurses who made me hollor right b4 they stuck me. Wink
Thank guiness ;D I found you folks or I'd be like harpo the silent star Wink
Plus, my head is much better now.
PFDAN to all.  Kim  
IP Logged
Scotty_Dog
New Board Newbie

Say, what is that strange feeling in my ARRRGGG!!!

ScottMon77
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 5:01am »

Alot of nurses are great people who want to help, exception granted, but the Doc may tell them to be that way adn act like a prince when he talks to you.  My Aunt was the head nurse in the infent intencive care unit of a hospital back home.  She has told me stories about doctors, let me tell you.

My bigest gripe is with the insurance end of things.  They force you to go to the incompitant doctors that have no idea how to help, limit your meds, make you wait, and are all EVIL!!!! , EVIL!!!!   Undecided

I am now taking things into my own hands and I am going to a Nuro that helped a fellow CHer I contacted here. I understand he has CH himself, speaks english, and is easy to see once you get the first appointment under your belt.

Praise God you did not lose you temper with teh nurse, just pray for her. I almost ripped the head off a paramedic this week when he sugested nitro to prevent me from having a heart attack, so be proud, in the Lord, that is, and keep up the good fight.

Scotty_Dog
IP Logged

Doc says,

"the pain is all in your head"
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 10:06am »

I definitely run to the defense of nurses for all the mess they put up with from doctors.  I actually like this nurse, I just prefer the other one in the office.  In fact, once this nurse read my file, realizing what I had already discussed with the doctor, it made more sense to her that I was NOT wanting to take the hormones anymore.  Also, she did not initially know I had REQUESTED to try a different form of hormones, when I know now I just should have said "let's see what happens with nothing for a while."  

I have to stick with my doctor though, he IS a prince.  In fact, if I have to see a neuro, I will ask HIM for a recommendation.  I have NEVER had a doctor who is so available after hours.  When the nurse will tell me "Oh, Friday is surgery day, he's not in the office," once I talked to him he said "if you continue to have problems, call the office Friday and I will be able to see you after surgery."  This was the day after the 4th of July!  

It's strange, but  I haven't had a CH in so long, I didn't even remember how terrible they were.  I really was not too bad off the morning I removed the patch, but thank the Lord I did, it was a doozy that night, and could have been worse if I continued to used it.  

IP Logged

ihootlaili
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 10:24am »

Thanks Den, us nurses needed that reassurance...now, there is a nurse in my primary's office i would love to curse..lol...smiles,nancyc
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2002, 10:25am by nancyc » IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 4:40pm »

My favorite nurses are older ones. Up here, these take no prisoner angels of mercy have our doctors terrified of them.  I know one who is the phone to our more incompetent sawbones telling them what to prescribe.  For the most part, they are the ones who take the heat.  

You can tell I have nurses in my family and many RN friends. They can be a scary bunch too.

Really patient old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss