Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone got a used »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone got a used
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone got a used  (Read 552 times)
jonny

Email

Anyone got a used
« on: Aug 9th, 2002, 8:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Laptop they want to sell?

I ask here because I trust you folks more than E-bay.

What I need it for is to play video games on the flight to Vancouver the trip to Phoenix and back almost killed me with nothing to do.

My e-mails working again.

PSA: im not an idiot.

Thank you for your time (NotSmiley)

......................jonny

Or maybe let me borrow one, definitly replace if damaged.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2002, 8:26pm by jonny » IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

Re: Anyone got a used
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 1:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

;D ;DJonny,
     If you have the cash to spend on a laptop let me suggest www.ubid.com, I have bought many items from them at fantastic savings, you could pick up a new Sony Viao 30gb/HD-CD/RW/ DVD/cd rom . go to other new sites like www.circuitcity.com for a price comparison and then set a limit of about 1/5 the cost of a new one, I already bought a Mustek continuious power supply and backup system for 600VA at the screamin price of $39.00
     I picked up a 64mb sony memory stick and a  32 mega byte memory stick for my video camera both for $29.00
     I also got an optical mouse digital memory stick reader for $29.00 they retail for anywhere from $89.00 to $129.00, I paid $100 bucks at wal mart for a Casioeopia and they have them on their auction for $29.00 all the time!  Check out this link and they have off lease computers that are discounted a great deal, these that I am giving you the link to are brand new!
CHECK THIS SONY VIAO OUT, AUCTION ENDS TOMORROW AND YOU LOOKING AT ABOUT 1/3 OF THE RETAIL PRICE TO WIN IT
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=7739610  PAPPY

PS I paid $1500.00 for my sony viao a year ago at sears and it only has the 10GB H/D and no CD Burner, Fantastic machine!
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 1:43am »

;D ;D Jonny here are a few from the used board!
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=7715567
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=7715529
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=7716038
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=7715529
     Just food for thought, watch the postage that is where they get ya sometimes---Pappy

Most of the used computers come without any operating system installed!
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2002, 1:57am by sailpappy » IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 1:55am »

;D ;D Jonny--1 more suggestion and then your on your own.
     Go down to Sears and charge any Laptops you like use it for the convention and then return it when you come back into town!  
     Sears takes their merchandice back with no questions asked!  That's all I got for ya Dude! Pappy Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 2:25am »

Pappy,

You are the man, thanks for the idea's dude.

.......................jonny
IP Logged
Scotty_Dog
New Board Newbie

Say, what is that strange feeling in my ARRRGGG!!!

ScottMon77
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 4:17am »

Jonny,  

Another Idea is to call DELL and tell them that you are a student.  They give a great discount to students.  I personaly prefer the DELL over Vio because DELL makes upgrading easer with off the shelf stuff.  Sail Pappy's Ideas sould great but the shipping time may be a concern, I have no expereance with that site, but E-Bay conection time to the dealer can be long.

Best of luck and I wish I could be there with you all in teh great white north.

Scotty
IP Logged

Doc says,

"the pain is all in your head"
scottie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 7:15am »

Jonny,

Sailpappy's idea about Sears is a good one.  Just keep your receipt.  They are a competitor of my company.  Hehehehe.
Later.

Scottie
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 7:16am »

jonny we got one pretty cheap at www.overstock.com, so I could do my graphic art stuff and writing when I am away as well as have Breezy play games when we were camping.   Sometimes they have some great deals!
~~~ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 9:57am »

;D ;D Jonny,
     Scotty's concern about the upgradablity of a sony vio is almos a silly statement, they come with your choice of H/D so lets say you get a 30gb/hd a cw/rw they come with the network card installed a video out so you can play your DVD's through the TV if you wan and a 1394 firewire board pre installed, I can plug my 1394 Sony external CD burner into the 1394 port, or my digital sony camcorder or my firewire external 80GB/HD there are 2 USB ports for any older applications like a usb scanner or a usb web cam, I got the 10GB/HD model and bought the burner and hard drive so I can interchange between my main unit and the laptop, simple as unplug the firewire product your using on one system and plug it into the other, the system I got is a complete audio video studio, aside from more ram memory I can't see the need to upgrade anything, and off the shelf Laptop memory works for this too!,
      I love my Sony Viao and the only problem you will run into is that you may not want to take it back, I sleep with my laptop within arms length so I can stroke it at night!  I Love My Viao!!! ;D ;D-Pappy

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2002, 11:32am by sailpappy » IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 12:59am »

Thank you all!!

.....................jonny
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss