Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « the  M I R A C L E  cure »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   the  M I R A C L E  cure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the  M I R A C L E  cure  (Read 536 times)
The_L

Email

the  M I R A C L E  cure
« on: Aug 10th, 2002, 8:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello,  
This is The L again. I would like to thank you all for helping me, and blessing a brother with advice. I thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart.
I have to tell you all something. I know some of us have our "things which work for us" many being different, you find something that works best for you, and logically, you use it.  
I had a discussion with my father the other day, about these clusters, and he told me to get on oxygen.
My only problem is, my neuro is out of town for three weeks,  so I have to wait until he comes back--in the midst of my cluster season.
I tried going back to class, and I noticed that everytime I went to a lab, my headaches would start. Every lab, has central air. OK.
Now, I'm thinking to myself, "Self, if I had my Oxygen, i could breathe THAT, to abort these pains, and I wouldnt be breathing this 'artificial' central air."
I'm thinking, to myself, I wish I didnt have to breathe in THIS AIR.
I went to class again the next day. I say to myself, "You know what, i'm NOT gonna breathe in THIS AIR."
So I stuck some tissue in my nose. Both nostrils.
My lab class was about to start, and I have two small pieces of tissue in my nose, one in each nostril, ya know, kinda like little kids do.
So now, i'm forced to breathe thru my mouth.
Went to lab, no headache.
Went outside for some fresh air after about an hour in this lab. When I got outside, i removed the tissue.
I chatted with some classmates for a few minutes. I'm feeling fine.
I go back inside the lab, and after about 15 minutes i start to feel the "DULL ACHE". You know, that opening act feeling. So I run to the bathroom, put some more tissue in my nose, started breathing out OF MY MOUTH AGAIN, and it ABORTED THE HEADACHE.
I don't know what the relation is, between breathing thru the nose, and the beast, but there is definately something there.
I put this little "tissue cure" to the ultimate test last night.
I took a 2 hour nap, woke up with that "opening act" again. Did the tissue thing, and it went away.
I guess I said all that, to say this:
If you can predict your cluster time, or if you THINK its coming. Stop breathing thru your nose. Get some noseplugs or something. Breathe thru your mouth, this way, your brain can still get oxygen, only not thru the nasal cavity.
My cluster headaches always hurt on one side, my eye tears, bloodshot, and my nose would clog up, and/or become runny. And I couldnt figure out if the clogging of the nose was actually a cause, or an effect.
I see now, for me, ITS AN EFFECT. That explains how pluggin my nose up with tissue allows ME TO ABORT THE WHOLE PROCESS OF IT BECOMING CLOGGED IN THE FIRST PLACE DUE TO THE CENTRAL AIR THAT WAS CAUSING MY HEADACHES.
I want you guys to try it, see if it works. I dont know how long this is gonna work for me, but anything is worth a try, right?
Only side effects with this is that you get a dry mouth....
This one guy looked at me funny cause I had the two small pieces of tissue in my nose...lol
Who cares? No HEADACHE. AND THATS WHAT MATTERS.
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: the  M I R A C L E  cure
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 9:01am »

Are you trying to sell me little wads of tissue for $49.95 ?

LOL, only kidding. Breathing through your mouth probably increases the amount of O2 going to the brain. An O2 tank will probably be your saviour when you get hit.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 9:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Maybe the wad of tissue in your snoot, has your body trying to figure out what's going on here.  Strange things like this may have an effect.  Perhaps there is something to it as anything that affects how we snort, will give the gremlins in charge, something to work on. Maybe.  I only hope there's something lasting to this or that this makes sense. I'm not sure.

Really unsure but hopeful Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
oringkid

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 10:00am »

Well hell, it is something that will cost me nothing, so next time I am in cycle, I'm gonna try it!

Hey, if it works for everyone, you will be able to tell who is a clusterhead by the tissue up their nose! LOL

Sherry
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 9:06pm »

I've had colds during a cluster cycle and not be able to breathe through my nose for a week, and still got hit.  Besides... Every "cure" needs a skeptic.  Glad it works for you.  Hopefully it'll keep working for you, and it'll work for others.  Good luck!

PFDAN................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 10:26pm »

That is not so strange ! If it works do it. I have done it years ago, matter of fact I had forgotten about it till your post. I have done so many things to keep them from hitting me, exspecially when I did not have meds. I treated the systoms(sp)!
I use nose spray, I used that stuff that you put in your nose. I have tried all kinds of crazy things. Sometimes they worked sometimes they did not.
I like you think maybe the air we breath has something to do with it. I smoke and we all know that is a major trigger for some.  
I tried breath easy and it works for me if I remember to put them on. Its a strip that goes across the nose it opens up your passage . I put them on before I go to bed. They look funny to wear out in public, but I have been know to durning a bad bout.
Let us know if it keeps working for you. Nothing is silly or stupit to try when you are in pain or afarid of getting hit!
Hope they end for you soon!
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 11:24pm »

Now I've got a major size honcker and it gets clogged when a CH is starting. If I can catch it early, I spray water up my nose and breath deeply through my mouth. Usually I can keep the pain to a minimum. This post got me thinking that the oxygen intake is increasing and therefore I am getting relief. Keep the ideas coming.
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 11:28pm »

Den,

Nice picture dude I cant even read a thread with that pic in it without going "BOING".....LOL

Tell Adam I said hi.

.............jonny
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

backatcha Illustrated Man
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 4:50pm »

Adam grinned a hi....that's Trish Stratus...one of his favorite wrestlers.

My old gif disappeared...ya know...the sensitive one with a pulsating engorged heart on it.

oh well...Oz never did give nothin to the Tinman that he didn't already have...Georgia says hi too.

Love
den
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 8:18pm »

Den:

We just might shake your tree..........to get a look at your peaches.  Then we'll know whether or not to shake your tree again.

Georgia, thanks for letting den use your little dittie ( you know what I mean Embarassed)

Love,
Donna
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 8:24pm »

This mouth breathing thing is well worth a try.

A couple of days ago I went into the hospital for pre-op testing as I will have gall bladder surgery on Weds. morning.

They put that little clip on my finger to get an oxygen reading.  It was 98%, but I thought I try taking a deep breath through my mouth and lo and behold, the reading went up to 99%.

The oxygen level actually does increase when you deep breathe through the mouth.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Aug 11th, 2002, 9:05pm »

L!   CheesyI am laughing, but really.......not so funny!  I have always said that when attacks happen I DROOL.  Now that may not be so humerous, but stay wit me here.........The thing is, when I get that DULLACHE (I like that) i stick my toungue into my upper back teeth and PRESS.  then,  I begin to breathe through my MOUTH - not nose.  Never thought about it b4 you mentioned the tissue thing.  BUT, if you notice, try breathing through your mouth with your tongue stuck up in the back of your mouth and drooling will occur. ;D  I guess I said ALL THAT to let ya know tissues - tongue - WHATEVA.  If it works, don't knock it. Cheesy  Anyway I been doing this for 25 years. I got through school, got a good job, married a good lookin guy and had three GAWGIOUS GOYLES.  It coulda been alot worse Cheesy

Keep PLUGGIN ;D
IP Logged
domu

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 12:16am »

Bruce Lee insisted that during heavy physical aerobic exertions his pupils should breathe through the mouth, because anatomic science proves that yes, it does increase oxygen intake. And after an ER trip, I sure know about how good O2 is for one of these bad boys.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss