Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Fear seems to be what causes some lives... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Fear seems to be what causes some lives...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fear seems to be what causes some lives...  (Read 1174 times)
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

Re: Fear seems to be what causes some lives...
« Reply #25 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 12:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have trouble buying into how others might seem me or think of me when I am being floored by a "10". I taught high school for 33 years and there were many times when I was hit with a major attack in the classroom. At first I thought I had to put up a big front (until I had to leave the classroom and find solitude in the Faculty restroom). I realized I was putting more pressure on myself by maintaining a front and worrying about having to do so. It was at that point that my students became informed of my headache problem. Low and behold, I had a support group in the sense that when I had to leave, they took over in my absence. I got to thank them for their mature behavior and they got to grow in a resposible way. I was even told stories of how they kept the trouble makers in line. There was nothing special about the students I taught, they just responded in a respectful manner beacuse that is how I treated them. To me, the same holds true within family. How you share your situation is the key. I am not weak if I tell you I am in pain. I might be perceived as weak if I try to hide it from you. That's my experience, take it for what its worth.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 12:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well said Paul... We shouldn't try to put up fronts with the ppl we have to work with.  It's not like they don't notice something's wrong, and most of the time, it's just better to be straight with them.  Admittedly, you'd prolly not want them to witness a full blown attack, but ya should at least explain why you may to leave suddenly.

PFDAN..................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 9:19am »

Oh, i explained what i had....but i work in a mental health facility for the state of SC...and one day when i got hit, i was at the drug cart counting narcotics...my supervisor would not even take the cart over..i had to inject an imitrex in my stomach rite in front of my patients...and deal with the pain in front of everyone...now, call that understanding and compassion in the mental health field....lol. I am one who does not like for anyone to see me get hit...that is when i found out what fear really is...it would grip me as soon as i walked into work...scared i would get hit and everyone would get to witness it..People who have understanding bosses need to thank their lucky stars cause there are those of us out here, who dont... Cheesynancyc
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well... Unfortunately, we can't expect everyone to show a bit of humanity.  But ppl like that would prolly treat us just as bad if we told them what was happening or not, so we don't have much to loose by tellin' them.

PFDAN...................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:25pm »

Mel Gibson.............(only if he's wearin a kilt and moonin).... Roll Eyes   "FREEDOM"  (now THAT was sexy).  

Demon is defined in many different ways by many different folks.  I belive them all.  That's cuz it's earth we live on.  When someone can share a pain free life existence, be sure an send me a ticket. Wink

In the meantime, dog the doc, screw the knownots and consider the alternative...............

Holier than thou............NOT.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss