Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sick and Tired »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sick and Tired
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sick and Tired  (Read 1252 times)
jonny

Email

Re: Sick and Tired
« Reply #25 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

...lets see.......jonny's a *legend in his own mind*
......and the rest of us are broke from buyin' Imitrex and lining rich neuros pockets......

Tell me NOT4 fuck face where you get off?

Im a ledgend alright, when you can come close to this list ill respect you. otherwise you are a scumbag for bringing my name up. douchebag!!!!!!!

Have you paid for 36 memberships to OUCH?

Have you donated $900 to OUCH?

Have you bought 32 OUCH shirts and gave them to people that could not afford them?

Have you had 300 Clusterheadaches.com bumperstickers made and gave them away for free?

Have you givin this MB one tenth what I have?

You have givin shit, so keep your commets in your own home where you also probably give nothing.....until then SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have a problem with what I say?

............................jonny

One last thing fuck face..........you ever carry a CH'er to her hotel room when shes having a kip 10?.....didnt think so!
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:15pm »

Okay you two... Kiss and make up...  No need to be fightin' and all...

PFDAN..................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

.....(quote): chill, dude.....(unquote)

adios, hermano
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:34pm »

OK. Back to Night Owl.  My CH started in 8th grade. Went years with nothing like everyone.  Same story as everyone.  My heart goes out to you.  You, I and allof us are so lucky to have each other.  I am 3 weeks into an episode.  Had an MRI Sat., and saw a new neuro two days ago.  Wasted trip, since he was one of the ones who is not familiar with CH, and made it a point to let me know during my exam that he himself was at that moment experiencing a "migraine".

Interestingly, he wanted to take me off the Procardia I am taking because he said it is never used for CH.  But I say no way.  I will self medicate, because Procardia has worked for me for the last 3 episodes, (every two years).  I am also taking Indomethicin this time, and am having very small shadows for the last week, that's all.

I take Zomig for the shadows.  The orally disintegrating ones.  The pills don't work.

To all you CH ers that don't have anything that works, please try the Procardia if you haven't already.  I don't know why it works for me, but it does.  My neuro in California said I am not even taking a therapeutic dose, so it can't be working.  But if I try to wean off too early, the CH comes back.  It does work.

Welcome to the board Night Owl.  You have found some good people here.
Debbie
Raleigh, NC

PS  any CHers in Raleigh with a good neuro????
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:36pm »

And do chill on the Motrin.  I was doing the same thing, and my doctor told me I would kill my kidneys and end up on dialysis.  Careful.
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 8:56pm »

Hey, thanks for the input.  I have quit the Motrin, wasn't doing much good.  I don't want to be on pills, I want to try the oxygen treatment.  That sounds like the best.
IP Logged

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:00pm »

Good luck.  O2 didn't work for me.
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:06pm »

O2 is the only abortive that works for me, but luckily verapamil is working as a preventative... I still have prolblems remembering to dose though...

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:11pm »

This new neuro I just saw wants to switch me from Procardia to Verapamil.  But I don't think I should if the Procardia is working.  I would like to stop the Indomethicin, but I am afraid to.  The shadows are less with it.  I was trying to see about CPH vs. CH.
Personally I think they are the same.
Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 10:20pm »

CPH attacks don't last as long, and you get more of them per day... But they're both TACs.

PFDAN.................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 10:24pm »

NightOwl-
I barely made it thru high school and had NO physical problems, so I can only imagine what you go thru. Your peer group is probably not the most sympathetic bunch either; kids can be really cruel to someone who is different; they don't need much excuse to rag you. You must be one tough hombre, and that's what it takes to survive CH. The hardest part is coming to the realization of what it is, and that most folks just can't - or won't - understand.
Everyone has made the point sufficiently that you need to get a neuro and find a med that helps. But know this, too: your life IS worth living, there WILL be a tomorrow that's better than today, and the people here CAN relate because we live with it too; and we're here to listen, advise and comfort, anytime.
Hang in there, pardner, we're with you! Smiley
IP Logged
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 10:38pm »

Thank you Gtarman.  Yes, people can be cruel.  I get along ok though.  Not much of a social butterfly, have friends here and there.  It's cool.
IP Logged

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss