Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I am in SERIOUS Trouble »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I am in SERIOUS Trouble
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am in SERIOUS Trouble  (Read 454 times)
Brian_Y

Email

I am in SERIOUS Trouble
« on: Dec 10th, 2002, 1:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Man O man, I am in deep shiite.  I am in Portland, OR on business ( I live in SC).  I have not had an issue for some time.  I am having a CH right now.  I know there are more to come...  What the FUCK am I goign to do?  Doctor in SC on vacation.  His partners will do NOTHING for me unless I am in SC.  DOes anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone live in Portland who can help me?  Man, I am in FUCKS-ville right now.  I am not sure what to do!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

Re: I am in SERIOUS Trouble
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 1:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hit the Emergency Room for oxygen relief. Print out or at least write down some info on tryptans. I get relief from Maxalt MLT 10mg. or Zomig ZMT 5mg.

Good luck,

David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 1:41am »

It seems like the ER is the only place that you can get some help.
There has to be some Dr that can suplly you with enough meds so you can get home to your own Doc.
But i have to say thanx too,because your thread has learn me that NEVER go nowhere without the proper medication in the bag.No matter how long your remmision has been.We never know when "General Cluster and his beasts"are visiting again.
Take Care Friend and i`ll cross my fingers for you

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 4:05am »

O2 can be found in fire stations if need be. Some of us found that they were helpful as a last resort.

I wish I had something great to tell you but if you go to an ER, it would be a good thing to drag along a print out of things from this site.

Once again, I think it would be a damn good idea to put a lot of CH info on a wallet size card and get it laminated with useful phone numbers, MDs & meds.  The more official looking the better.  

Good luck and I hope by now things are looking up.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 7:26am »

Sorry about the shitstorm Brian. I will have to admit to leaving the house out of cycle with no meds too. Maybe you can call your Dr. at home and he can call you something in where you are or maybe a trip to the local ER and they can make a call to him and get treatment options.
Charlie is on to something in a card with medical information, something similiar to a Medic-Alert braclet.  
Good luck,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 8:36am »

Hit the ER while under attack.  They should help you, otherwise, print out info here that you think you need and head for a walk-in clinic.  Do you have walk-in clinics in the states?  How long are you in Portland for?  Can you cut your trip short and head home?

Good luck
Ann
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 11:15am »

Hey, bro...sorry to hear you are so far from your Doc...let me know if there is anything i can do for you, email or call if you still have my number.  And get to the ER as soon as possible....you probably need Doc to write you a letter so when you travel, you can get help if needed....take care..smiles, nancyc
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 12:45pm »

Get your butt to Oregon Health Sciences University ER on the west end of town. NOW They know what to do.

Good luck
IP Logged

Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 3:28pm »

Folks,  

I sure do appreciate all of your support.  I was TERRIFIED last night.  I spoke with my wife who happened to find some Imitrex and some other abortive meds at our house and she is overnighting them to me.  So....I guess worse case scenario is that I have to endure one more "night".  Thankfully, what I did experience was not TOO awful (although it was enough to get me panicked).

I appreciate the phone #, Cathi...I'll keep it handy if you do not mind.  When I get back to the hotel, I'll see where this Oregon Health Service ER is from where I am.  

Note that I am actually in Lake Oswego on Kruse Oak Dr.

I tell you what I did.  I got here on Saturday and like a dumb, redneck, backwoods, ignernt southerner I am, I take my sorry ass up to goddamn Mt. Hood on Sunday right after getting off a plane.  My ears were stopped up and doing weird things anyway.  I should have seen this coming.  Changed altitude drastically, was presurrized like a can of soda....It all adds up, of course.  Not to mention the lovely weather we're having here these days....  I am a goddamn idiot sometimes....

Roll Eyes

Thanks again, mes amis...

B
IP Logged
Cathi

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 5:11pm »

Brian- Now perhaps your visit to Stumptown can begin in earnest. I'm glad you are doing better, and hope tonight goes well for you...if you have any trouble you've got the number...
BTW- sorry about the weather, it was good until Sat...I'll order more sunshine for the rest of your visit.......
PFDAN!
Cathi
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 5:21pm »

on Dec 10th, 2002, 3:28pm, Brian_Y wrote:

Note that I am actually in Lake Oswego on Kruse Oak Dr.

Lake Oswego has a road through it?, I hope your wearing SCUBA with plenty of backup tanks ;D

Just bustin'em.......Hope you feel well soon, Bro!!

...................jonny
IP Logged
Cathi

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 5:32pm »

Jonny-
Actually, Lake Oswego has a road AROUND it....no one drives IN the lake- but they put their houses, businesses, parks, etc. around it...well, late one night, coming home I nearly checked out the amphibian properties of my car- it was really raining- couldn't see the lake for the road......or somethin' like that........
I understand SOME people drive on a cape............ now,  Roll Eyeswouldn't my cape get really dirty if I drove over it?
 GrinCathi
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 5:44pm »

Well, you could always drive on cape cod.......but dont do like Fat boy Ted Kennedy ;D

......................jonny Cheesy
IP Logged
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 5:55pm »

Man, if I make it through this alive, I promise no more stompin' on bugs and I won't yell at people at work anymore (well, I may hedge on that one a bit Wink ) and I'll work hard and never never never leave the beautiful and wonderful and great south again.  Well, that's a lie too....Stupid time zone bullshit....

I am probably going to have to come back out here again in Jan. and then I am gonna be in CA sometime in February.

Ah, corporate life....Ain't it grand?

Once again, thank you all for your kind words.  This has been, shall we say, harrowing....
IP Logged
Cathi

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 10:14am »

Good Morning, Brian-
I hope you had a good, PF night last night. Today, your meds will arrive, and you'll be right as rain-
Check in, if you will, please. Let us all know you're doing okay!!!
Cathi
IP Logged
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 10:56am »

Not pain free last night.  Had a doozie around 11.00 PM.  Took a couple packs of Alka Seltzer and that seemed to help.  Got in the lovely Hilton Hotel shower with hot hot hot H2O.  That too helped a bit.  

This simply sucks.  I have not had the greatest success with Imitrex and imitrex-like meds and that is what is on the way.  I guess it's better than nothing.  O Well...

Thanks, Cathi.  I hope to hear from you!!!
IP Logged
SFChris

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 4:16pm »

Brian,

How ironic - I was in Portland Monday night, and returned home to SF last night.  I was in business meetings so I didn't have the time to check the MB.  I was carrying Imitrix with me even though I am not in cycle.  Last summer, I had the same problem as you. Stuck in a hotel in Connecticut without Imitrix.  Don offered to drive to my hotel and meet me...and both Bill and Steve (Not4hire) offered to fed-x to me.  Amazing support here, huh?

Chris
IP Logged
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 4:41pm »

Amazing support indeed...I was telling someone this morning I felt somewhat ashamed by the fact I have been remiss in being here as much as I should.  Either with my own words, being a part of a community, etc. or by exchanging ideas...  When I am not in the midst of a problem, ho-hum.  When the big one hits and I am all alone, I come running.  Not fair, and I extend my regret and apologies to all.  I'll be better in the future, no doubt.  Partucularly considering the "help" I've received thus far....

One person (actually a few) have suggested that I make my way to a fire station.  I'll pose the question:

Is there not some liability issue associated with that (potentially)?  I mean, what do you do?  Walk in and say "Hey, may I have some of that sweet element?"

Seems to me you could get the F.O. stare quite easily.  I dunno.  Never have done it before, so I am at a loss...

At any rate, yes you are correct about the support here and I thank everyone AGAIN!!!

B
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss