Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 11:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hey margi »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   hey margi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hey margi  (Read 258 times)
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

hey margi
« on: Dec 11th, 2002, 12:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

thanks for asking about the doc appt.
unfortunatly the nuero turned out to be an internist! thats apparently the way they do things here at u of tenn. you get an appointment with a group which includes a cornicopia of specialties. i got my blood work done or at least take and got to ask some questions but in all it was not a very satisfying visit. the docs are all younger then my own kid and give the impression that regardless of what your previous medical records say they will need to prove everything over to thier own satisfaction. im not trying to be a crybaby its just that i wont be in this area by the next time the group neuro has an opening. the internist did think o2 sounds like a no brainer but still wont prescribe it as it is for a neurologocal issue! he could have given me a sample of imitrex but wont as there is a question of how fast i will be able to clear the drug which needs to be looked at first. i did find out that i had indeed been tried on indocin (in fact it was one of the first real efforts made to reach a diagnosis even before i had ever heard the ch word) as to the comments by ted ... i haven't responded because  
a. didn't know what the wonderful wino reference meant
b. being from a group of american males (and women sorry) to whom the wannabes are a huge and ongoing problem i am not sure how to take it.
c. i didn,t stop lurking and start posting just to get involved in pissing contests or to play my dad is tougher then your dad.  

i can't imagine why anyone would NEED social interaction badly enough to pretend to something like clusters. quite frankly i for one have had enough problems with people thinking they understand while not having a clue or worse yet people not understanding why i can't just suck it up and get on with life as usual to react nicely to someone here going out of thier way to not understand and insult me in the process.  

and now that i have vented and probably gotten off to a bad start with you i wish to apologize... really  

sorry,  tim
IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: hey margi
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 1:07pm »

Hi, Tim
I certainly meant no offense to YOU at all and hope you haven't taken my post as such.  I was just illustrating Ted's words about an ongoing problem we have here lately - sorry you got caught up in the middle of it.  I don't think Ted meant any offense towards you either.  It's just the current situation around here that prompted this.

Well, that sucks that you got stuck with an internist.  I truly hope you don't have clusters - they suck too.  From your initial post, I think folks are right in pointing you away from clusters.  Cluster headache pain really does ebb down to nothing in between attacks and, functioning during an attack is near impossible for most.  You've gotten some good advice in this thread.  If I were you, I'd print out all the suggestions and go camp at the doctor's office until someone will see you - get yourself tested (if possible) for these other conditions.  Just to rule them out, if nothing else.

I hope you find relief soon, Tim - everyone deserves pain freedom.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2002, 1:08pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 2:40pm »

margi, no offense taken!

sometimes i tend to be more of an ass then at other times (not unlike a lot of others around here i suspect)

i'm looking for and truly appreciate any suggestions although the thought of starting over in search of a diagnosis scares the hell out of me, i am going to explore all possibilities.

is it true that in between attacks everyone (CHers) returns to a 0 or 1 on the scale? I never go below a 3  
with the exception of a very short (10 min) period right after waking up. also am i the only one that has my worst attacks during the daylight hours?  

i need to go and research something called olive leaf extract for my sister who is a migrane sufferer.

Wink cheers tim
IP Logged

Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 2:44pm »

on Dec 11th, 2002, 2:40pm, tanner wrote:

sometimes i tend to be more of an ass then at other times (not unlike a lot of others around here i suspect)

Speak for yourself Dickweed!    Grin

(oops!  forgot my grin....   Cheesy)

Slammy   Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2002, 2:49pm by Slammy » IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:30pm »

my god!
can ya feel the love ;D

thanks slammy Cool

tanner Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:32pm by tanner » IP Logged

echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 4:17pm »

on Dec 11th, 2002, 2:44pm, Slammy wrote:

Speak for yourself Dickweed!    ;D

Slammy   Cool

Tanner has a new name.

Welcome to the MB Dickweed
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss