Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 12:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Deej is right »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Deej is right
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Deej is right  (Read 1392 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Deej is right
« on: Dec 14th, 2002, 7:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

lets stop all the fighting.

I'm starting a new thread here.  I want to know this:

How many of you have been touched by, oh, I don't know....say a supporter.  Someone in your life whos made a differance.   Someone or something who has touched you so very deeply that it's changed your life.

lets talk about something creative here guys.

Don has lost a dear friend in Mildred.  I can't think of a better friend to have in time of need than a dog who doesn't ask questions.  Is just there, looking up at you as you writhe in pain.    

or the time Two good friends of mine saw me through a headache.  A friend who really didn't know me,  but took it upon themselves to help.

And another friend who made me laugh by saying.........
You don't have cluster headaches Linda.  (only because I forgot to go have a cigarette afterwards)

Or about the time, I totally dissed "JACK"   because He was dissing Drummer.  Only to find out later, that Jack and Drumer were friends, and I was the one out of line.

Come-on guys.......you can all think of funnnnny and wonderful things to say here.  Don't make me wrack my brain.....it's very fragile.     Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: Deej is right
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 8:20pm »

All I can say is that I have no supporters outside of this board. No one around me wants or is able to help in a meaningful way. My first post brought me lots of help and hope. Private messages by Georgia and Nanyc were extremely helpful. Right now my only friends are from this board. Unfortunately some of them can no longer post here because of the abusive language used in replies. This board has helped many and will continue to help many behind the scenes.
   Linda, I can't remember anything funny that I have done. My mistakes have all been sad.  
      Opus Tongue
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Elizabeth

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 14th, 2002, 7:22pm, Linda_Howell wrote:

I want to know this:

How many of you have been touched by, oh, I don't know....

Well..... I got "touched" on a cruise ship in Costa Rica... does that count?  Lips Sealed

hugs,
Lizzie

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2002, 11:40pm by Elizabeth » IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:20am »

Well, there's the time I figured I'd try that masturbation technique to abort an attack. I guess the priest was right. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior at a funeral. Especially while doing my duties as a pall bearer. So, I figured I'd try that Oragel up the nose trick. Yup. You guessed it. Now I've got a restraining order against me forbidding me "on or within 500 yards any Sweetbrooks Nursing Homes premisies." And all for asking old ladies to gove my nose a gumjob. I do have to thank Miriam though. But though she tried, it didn't work.
 OK, Two methods down. I want to try one more crazy idea and maybe you all can help me. Syria or South Africa?
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:23am »

Liz, too much info!!!

This site was a godsend and probably saved my life, in 98...my worst year.  And that's coming from a wussy episodic.
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Elizabeth

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:26am »

on Dec 15th, 2002, 12:23am, Mastifflvr28 wrote:
Liz, too much info!!!
Mast

As if Ted's post didn't give even MORE information.....

sheesh! picky picky! LOLOLOL

IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:37am »

I didn't see Ted's info till after I hit post.

Ted...way WAY too much info!!

Smiley
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 2:55am »

Many of you may know I have a supporter named Zachary. He's been a member of  OUCH for more than half his life. He's my Grandson and he's 3 years old now. Or as he says “I'm not 3. I'm 3 and a half!”

Last week I changed work shift to graveyard. I know better but I let myself become over-tired and as a result I got hit with 3 minor attacks on Thursday night.

Friday morning Zachary came to our house and the first thing he said to Grandma was “Does Grandpa have a headache?”  

How did he know that?

For those that don't know Zachary, here's his story and why he belongs to OUCH.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/48382.html
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 3:14am »

1.  No Liz.   That does not count.
2.  Thank you for sharing Ted.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 9:59am »

funny story involvein my CH hubby.....got stopped by the cops and I peuk'd on the cops shoes...........true story......he shouldn't of made me answer those questions............................
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

StanTheMan
New Board Veteran
USA 

"I can do all things through Christ..."

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 10:52am »

Two things:

1. I am fortunate enough to have an OUTSTANDING supporter, my wife, Dana.  (Who I've already bragged about last month, so I won't bore anyone again Smiley

2. Not exactly a funny story, but it played a rather important part during my very first cluster cycle.

1993:  I'm having strange, intense headaches on my left side.  I've never been given to headaches before.  It's day 3 or 4 of these daily, short-lived, but terrible headaches.  
I'm at a restaurant in Lawrence, KS with my wife and a friend of ours.  I get hit with an attack.
Our friend says: "I get nasty migraines, Stan.  Normally, I wouldn't do this, but I can offer you a Tylenol III. (Prescription strength.)  In despiration, I take it.  
My wife and I go home.

Later our friend calls us.

"Stan! Are you okay?!"

"Well, I'm still hurtin'.  The medicine didn't touch it."

(Silence)

"OMG -- Stan -- I gave you my OTHER migraine medicine by accident!  The really powerful stuff.  I got worried that I might have messed you up.  I'm so sorry!  Stan, if THAT medicine didn't touch your headache, you better see a doctor right away!"

Needless to say, I did.  

I also spoke with my Mom, who is a retired R.N.  She did some checking in her books and mentioned that cluster headaches were a distinct possibility, but definately see the doc.

To make a long story short -- the doc agreed and decided to treat me for clusters.  He put me on Predisone (10 day treatment.)

Headaches disappeared.  Cycle ended.

My journey in clusterville has started...

StanTheMan
IP Logged

"All the days of the afflicted are bad, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast." - - - - - Proverbs 15:15
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:18pm »

;D ;D Linda-My good friend forever!
 I have been touched by so many people and then again "Me thinkest a few wouldst still like to Touch me up close and personal as of now"" but one of the funniest things that has happened to me so far because of the board is(I hope I'm not revealing a secret here) when Lizzies son IMed me to ask how to meet people on the Internet?
    Quite a shocker, I had to direct him to my 17 year old Daughter for that one! But it really did touch my heart that he trusted me enough to ask.
     The dearest people dwell here and they have the ability to reach right down through your defences,into your emotional heart!  Love Ya! Pappy

IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 1:00pm »

The person that has profoundnly changed my life the most and for the best has been my husband Ted.  In High School he was a natural A student.  Never studied, took notes, and rarely showed up for class.  Me I worked my butt off and got B's.  He showed me how to live it up a little and enjoy life while still getting things done.  I had also been gang rapped and molested by my grandfather as a child.  I revealed this to Ted and that all men are to good and only after one thing.  He tought me to love myself and find the inner beuty and shine.  To trust again and love again.  We were engaged christmas eve of our Sr. year of HS.  I was getting a chance to marry my best friend!  Once married he tought me how to cook, clean, do laundry and everything else a woman should already know.  He was so patient and kind.I started experimenting with drugs and alcohol and went over the deep end.  I overdosed several times.  Again when I didn't love my self and had no where to go I was so down, my husband picked me up and loved me.  He tought me what being a real friend means.  To make it through the thick and thin.  For better and worse.  He tought me to be a mother and to love the children I gave birth to.  He has put me through college so I could improve my life and my families and quality of it.  I got pregnant again and debated abortion.  I was a very selfish person then.  Ted told me the choice was mine but toaught me the meaning of human life and selflessness.  I then put him through college.  Meanwhile he was still teaching me what it meant to be a parent, student, worker, and keep my head above water.  He has become an expert in almost every medical field and has tought me versity.  I had seizures until I was 28.  I would get 30 a day.  Got so bad I couldn't drive, be alone with self much less kids, couldn't work.  LIfe just sucked.  He tought me the value of human life.  Then we together have been through my 5 years of chronic ch.  Where he has loved me and supported me in every hour and time of need always putting myself first  and himself last.  Wasn't always like that but a few people on this board set him straight right away.  My husband is a lisenced minister.  I watch his walk with God everyday.  I see God in him working.  I try to be like my husband in so many ways but he always has me growing and loving him more than I ever thought possible the day before.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 1:03pm »

The only people I have ever met that really know what I go through is on this board.  My wife tries to understand, but I fear she never will, and just about everyone else I've ever told about these things either avoid the issue, or have no ability at all to comprehend.

Ya know... I've claimed that I've had these things since I was 11, because that was the first attack I could remember.  I was talking to my parents the other day, and my mom told me I've been having headaches since I was a baby.  Can't be sure if they were the same at that time, but from what she says, I have had CH at least since I was a few years old... For the life of me, I can't remember having attacks that early, but then again, there's a lot of things I don't remember too well from my childhood.  It's just weird to even consider possibly getting them that young.

PFDAN...................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
rumplestiltskin

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 1:25pm »

Just woke from a bad dream. An old friend had become a street person. So I hung with him and his "friends" for a couple of days. At one point they did a "Clockwork Orange" number on a rich old snobbish shop lady. I'd probably have blown it off except that I had left her a check with my name and address on it. So I ratted them out. I was in the process of givin my statement when i woke up. I remember feelin dirty about the whole affair. I never tried to stop them. They would surely turn on me. I only reported it when my ass was in a sling.

I know i'm not that important...but i'm all i ever think about.

Last night in another dream I followed another friend who happened to be into vampirism, satanism, evil shit etc...to a party and tried to fit in....

I'm purty damn old to be still hung up on "peer pressure".

I did learn a long time ago that it is not my job to change this board or the people here. I passively respond to those that do. Want everyone to use their real name? I change mine to Rumplestiltskin. Think stars matter? I delete my posts to stay a newbie.

This house, that once had very different types of parties goin on in each room, has grown to a giant neiborhood.
We have our Mafia, our chat rooms across the street, an OUCH lodge, well lit and marked streets (links), silent grumpy old men that have hole up in their houses down the block suffering alone, row after row of houses with plain ordernary folks that know why their here, folks that always manage to to stick there foot in their mouths, strutting matriarchs with untouchable plummage, a comedy club, a few couple of town drunks, back fences that gossip flows freely over, rowdies that drive loud cars down main street, new folks arriving daily...some drive right over the daisies when they pull in...an some don't....and one kindly sheriff DJ "Taylor" ,with a velvet hand, that walks the beat unarmed  over "Painberry".

In my humble opinion...the newest person is the most important person here. Let the words be theirs...i'm done with mine.

Walk in the sunshine
den
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 2:20pm »

den......yur cool !!!!! Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

jonny

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 2:48pm »

Why is urinating in public a sex offence and why if busted for that does one have to register as a sex offender?.........Hmmmmmmm!!!

Oh wait, this is the wrong thread Cheesy

....................jonny   Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2002, 2:50pm by jonny » IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 2:56pm »

A.....I think it goes rite along with 'exposein yerself'............next time face the other way..........Pam
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 3:02pm »

Ah, so if pissing in the bushes ranks up there with molesting children then why is not the leaders of enron and worldcom doing life for killing millions of peoples financial lives?

..................jonny
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 6:13pm »

Cuz there sheeeeeeeet heads....no get outa jail card fer them........an they got all the monopoly money they need................Pam
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 6:34pm »

Touche' Pam

.......................jonny
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 8:15pm »

You missed your calling Den. I know I say it all the time but quit deleting your silly posts. That's more of a crime even than Jonny's pissing contest in the hedges. Undecided

Wish I had something profound for your thread Linda, but alas, I waste all my time here keeping current with all these jerks and nut cases.  Cheesy

Boring old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 8:32pm »

Charlie,

Old you might feel, but boring you never are.

David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16th, 2002, 12:01am »

Rumples,
     One of the only peep's in Big as the wind Texas knew what I was talking about with the effigy Dead man walking, I should have guessed it would have been you that would have read the book too. In the dark is where we dwell with flashlights under the covers and hiding from Ravi Shankar prelude to nirvana.
     Only you my Friend, and am I insane that i completely understand what your saying in your post, I have to agree with the ending analigy, the newest are the most important for more reasons than you mentioned, for in the new blood might lie the answer to the common question!  Love Ya you nut case! Pappy

PS how is Georgia and Addie? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
IP Logged
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 16th, 2002, 3:00am »

I watched the film, Pi, a couple of nights ago and it haunts me, I think because I could better imagine how my partner feels while I suffer an attack. (Not that my attacks seemed so bad as the ones in the movie).

I keep on about how wonderful she is and she not only changed my life, she saved it.  I am profoundly indebted in the best possible way and what makes it all so much better is that she loves me deeply, too.

The cluster headaches were recent, she had seen me through much more, witnessing an abusive relationship and the loss of everything I had built and she supported me through a nervous breakdown and while I rebuilt my head.

The most amazing thing about this is that she feels that I am the supporter, not she.

I have no finances or possessions but I am so very rich.

I met her online too, five years ago when we both played an online D&D text world.  She was a sorceror of evil persuasion and me an alchemist, middling good.  We kept getting into battles, which I lost.

I always loved the internet!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss