Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new here -anyone with similar symptoms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new here -anyone with similar symptoms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new here -anyone with similar symptoms  (Read 308 times)
richyfourtythree
New Board Newbie

Email

new here -anyone with similar symptoms
« on: Dec 16th, 2002, 12:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I'm suffering from CH now for roughly 20 years - and I know the name of it since last friday!
I have some symptoms I couldn't find reports about anywhere. I'm curios to find out if they are connected with CH at all or not.

1. Additionally to the 'classical' symptoms I frequently have hardened neck-muskels during the attacks. Plus my neck very often feels very cold at these times. I found that I can even prevent some (I wish it was all!) of the nightly attacks by placing a hot-water bottel under my pillow.

2. Most of my attacks are not so extremely bad. In my current cluster just the very first attack was comparable (in intensity) to the symptoms I found described here on this website. Also my attacks have been far worse some 15 years ago.

3. I very often have one of the secondary symptoms - a one-sided blocked nose - without having significant headaches at all. Now I'm wondering if these maybe are attacks as well - so my CH just forget the headaches???

Has anyone heard of similar sympoms?

Olaf from germany
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

Re: new here -anyone with similar symptoms
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16th, 2002, 12:41pm »

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast is chopping away at you cranium with a rusty, jagged battleaxe.  Good luck!

PFDAN..................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16th, 2002, 2:24pm »

Did ya take the cluster quiz (button to the left) ?  Cause when you say only the first one really hurts I have to wonder if you have clusters.  The pain in the neck other people have reported while getting attacked I believe.  Hope that helps.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16th, 2002, 6:34pm »

Welcome richyfourtythree  (with a U even!!)

Sorry to hear you're in pain
Your symptoms do occur in other CH sufferers, but everyone is different.
Have you seen a neuro? This is a good place to start.
Also use the search and all the info available on the left of the page - I was Amazed at what was in there. Let us know if you need any help
PFDAN
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16th, 2002, 7:03pm »

Welcome,
I hope you do not need us......but if you do we are here.
Here is a good link to help your decision process.
Mark

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/diagnose.htm

IP Logged

Click The Flag
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 4:20am »

About the neck muscles, could it be that you are tensing the neck or holding it at an odd angle to help you get through the attack?

About the one-sided blocked nose, there is what is called a phantom headache. You will get the symptoms, watery eye, runny nose, etc but not the pain.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 6:20am »

on Dec 17th, 2002, 4:20am, BobG wrote:

About the one-sided blocked nose, there is what is called a phantom headache. You will get the symptoms, watery eye, runny nose, etc but not the pain.

Bob, so true. I have been pf for around 7 weeks now but still get these symptoms every morning.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
richyfourtythree
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:50am »

About the neck muscles, could it be that you are tensing the neck or holding it at an odd angle to help you get through the attack?

Tough to find out. I awake, and have a hardened cold neck and the headaches at the same time. So what came first???
But I do have headaches without the neck stuff, especially during the day, so maybe you are right.

So that's probably what I regularyly have. Thanks, it's good to know that it's not unknown to others. I'm not so sure why this helps, but it does. Well I guess that's at least in part what this website is about.

Having read a lot on this website reading the stories of others I must say I'm really grateful my headaches seem to be a lot less intense than on average. I typically have one attack on level 7 and another on 6 per day. I had level 8, maybe 9 some years ago, but never came near level 10. (yes, I'm sure it is CH, my neuro says so and I score 14/16 in the cluster quiz ...)

I can't imagine what you others with more frequent and intense attacks go through ...

PFDAN

Olaf
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss