Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on me :) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on me :)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on me :)  (Read 337 times)
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Update on me :)
« on: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well things have been rather hectic to say the least with the holidays approaching.  So much to do so little time.  

I started having breakthrough headaches at the beginning of December, and my PCP put me back on Tylox.  OY OY OY.  What a mistake that was.  I went from breakthrough headaches to a full blown cycle.  I'm getting hit between 3 and 8 times a day depending on my stress level.  After reading the article that Slammy posted under another thread about the addictive qualities of heroin being no different than oxycontin (rough ad lib there), and being told yet again by my cardiologist NO WAY to triptans, I told my PCP that under no circumstances did I want to be put back on Tylox.  She's concerned because I have nothing but the O2 for an abortive and that's not 100% so she put me on vicodin and valium.  

We both agree that this just simply is not an acceptable long term plan and I have been referred to the Walter Reed Headache Clinic.  This cycle has been particularly bad for some reason, and I always used to get some sort of warning signal....stuffed nose, face sweats, that kind of thing, and this cycle has decided to just kick off an attack whenever it feels like it, what a wake up call that was.  Don't think I've ever run so fast for my frozen corn and O2 before!!! LOL

Anyway, I will keep everyone up to date as best as can.

If anyone has dealt with the Walter Reed Headache Clinic I would appreciate any and all feedback!!!!  

Thanks bunches

Cat
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:53am by catlind » IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
marty
New Board Old Timer
USA 

WWW Email

Re: Update on me :)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:57am »

Hi Catlind

I don't have any experience with the Walter Reed Clinic, I have heard some good things about them though..

Just a note to let you know that you are in my thoughts and may you never run out of frozen vegetables.. ;D

Marty
IP Logged
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 1:16am »

hi catlind, i have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet so... hi !!!
 i'm very sorry to hear that your ha's are back and wish you all the luck in the world at Walter Reed. I am going to be trying Johns Hopkins after the first of the year so i will exchange notes with ya.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, tim
IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 3:26am »

Hi Cathy

I`m so sorry to hear that "General Cluster and his beast"has returned.Wish you had some time off that struggle now.
Just wondering why there are some of us that just get all the mediaction we need to get a rellief,and some of us dont.In the answer on my last angiography the cardio wrote in big letters that i shall have trex-shots when needed.
Still no "fight against the beast"here since the cardioes gave me Marevan after my heartattack.Just wish that there could be that easy in the US to

Take care

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:13am »

Hi Cat, Sorry to hear the damn beast has come back to visit. Hope he leaves soon.

suzy
p.s. I thought maybe you locked yourself outta the car again and couldnt get back home. Sorry, just had to say that, still laugh about that one.  Wink
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 11:42am »

Hey Cat!!

Sorry you're going through such a rough time lately!!  Man!  That sucks!  You're a tough broad, so I'm not worried about you.  Hang in there girl, I'm thinking of you and sending you some positive anti-beast vibes!

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:08pm »

Hi Cat,
Glad you posted, I was fixin to start looking for ya.  
I am so sorry about the head, this shit just sucks.  I hope and pray the WR clinic can help. You sound like you have a good Dr. Here is a link to WR. You may have already seen it but if not....http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/  
Please keep us posted as to how you are.
Merry Christmas  
Mark

IP Logged

Click The Flag
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:09pm »

sorry for you pain Cat.....Bradley got hit really hard this past cycle....ht him so fast he didn't know what was goin on and for a couple days suffer'd hopein it was a bad sinus attack cuz he didn't have all the normal warnings.....after a week or so they were more the normal route but then he got so many of them and no pattern like they have always done before....strange !! Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 2:08pm »

Sorry to hear that the beast is messing with you so badly.  You are in my thoughts and wishes.  May the beast go back to sleep soon, and never wake up again.

PFDAN..................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 2:17pm »

Suzy - ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG you made me laugh with that one! haha

Svenn, I decided to ask the cardiologist again because of what we talked about in chat the other day.  He still says no way, I'm guessing the fear is of a lawsuit.  

Mark, it's easy to find me, just follow all the trojans and viruses LOL.

I'm supposed to find out tomorrow when things will be set up for Walter Reed so I'll keep everyone posted.  I'm HOPING to also get them to connect to OUCH.  

My doc really understands things, her hubby is a neuro surgeon, so she knows that when a neuro diagnosis you by sitting on one side of the desk and you on the other, that they aren't doing their job.  She also knows that clusters are NOT migraines.  If there's one thing I have learned, it's that Clusters have the same traits and pains, but the patterns are wide and varying.  At least we all have this home to help us!

Anyway, I'm just glad I have my O2, if the folks here at 'Clusteropolis' and Clusterville hadn't directed me to get some oxygen I think I'd have given up long ago!

A great big warm hug and Happy Holidays to everyone here who has helped me, the list is just to long!

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss