Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 9:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Damage in California? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Damage in California?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Damage in California?  (Read 386 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Damage in California?
« on: Dec 20th, 2002, 1:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wondering if anyone here has been affected by the weather in California?  My son's a Cat Adjuster, and he left this morning for Folsom...I know we've already sent out about 20 guys out there.

Hope everyone's property is ok.

Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Damage in California?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:18am »

I had a lot of damage Roxy.  Still can't reach a carpenter, roofer or handyman, as they are swamped with cases worse than mine.  Power is back on, at least where I am, but there are areas of extreme chaos in California for the time being.  BobP who lives south of me had some damage also.

You said, and I quote....."my son's a cat adjuster"  
O.K., I'll bite.  What is a cat adjuster?    LOL

Linda

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:42am »

I'm sorry....wasn't even thinking!

He is a Independent Catastrophe Insurance Adjuster...when there is really bad weather, there are so many claims that the staff adjusters can't handle them.  For the Independents to get called out, there usually has to be upwards of 2000 claims.  Needless to say...we always hope for hail and hurricanes around here.  Lot of weather channel watching! LOL

But it must be bad out there...we've got them going to quite a few different places.

My husband does the same thing, but he's a storm manager...so we travel all over the country to storms.  He's been stuck in Houston for a year, but he's getting out of there, hopefully, next month.....he sure did want to go to CA.

At least my son's flying back home for Xmas eve and Xmas day.  I didn't want him to miss Christmas.

R

IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:55am »

Could you send your son to my house?  I can't even get my Ins. adjuster to answer my messages.  I'm only 2 hrs. North of Folsom and I'll  even make him some hot chocolate. aw, the hell with it.  I'll throw in a homemade cake too.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 9:15am »

No further damage down here.  Hadn't even looked at my downed fence since it was gonna blow and pour again yesterday (and it did).  Guess I'll spend my Xmas break diggin post holes.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 9:31am »

The storm moved over the mountains into Nevada this morning. Damn, it got cold!

Temps have dropped clear down into the 60's.

It's so damnned cold I  think I'll have to put on long pants and shoes to mow the lawn today.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 11:33am »

Roxy,

glad you cleared up that question about a "cat adjuster".  I thought maybe your son was a chiropractor for cats.  Grin

I've got water leaking over my sliding glass door in my apt.  So now the carpet is all wet and stinking!  Don't know when they are going to get around to fixing it because apparently they've got tons of problems in my complex from the rains.  Angry

Virginia
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 12:08pm »

Sorry about the storm damage left coasters. I hope everyone is OK. We had some killer tornados a couple of weeks ago, Mother Nature on the rampage. We were lucky at our familys house, it went to the north. Many people I work with suffered terribly, some family members were killed, even an infant.  Years ago I lived in a trailer in Alabama and never saw anything like this. Houses flying around like The Wizard of Oz. It took a couple of days but FEMA and TEMA showed up and started writing checks pretty quick. I hope they get to you all quick. I saw on the weather you guys are not finished yet, more storms on the way. Hang on, you left coasters put up with a lot of shit from nature and you seem pretty tough, hang in there.

Slammy, are you OK?  

Good luck,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 12:15pm »

He'll be working State Farm claims....so if that's what you're carrying...he may be knocking at your door.  State Farm requires their cat adjusters to contact all their clients within 24 hrs. of receiving the claims, so they usually get around to their people pretty fast.  

We got hit this summer w/100mph winds, and my son received our claim from Travelers...the home office said..."no, we don't think so, not allowed to scope your own home (the check might come out awfully large..LOL".  

He said he would love some hot chocolate and cake...he's already tired of eating out.  They always stay in hotels with kitchens, but after an 18 hr. day...who wants to cook?

Maybe Santa will bring you an adjuster for Christmas...some of them are pretty cute (and they give you money...can't beat that!)
IP Logged

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 12:34pm »

Mother nature is really screwed up this year!!!

The tornadoes that hit Mississippi...and in Dec. are really screwed up too.  I live smack in the middle of tornado alley...and Dec. is not a month in which you should have to worry about getting blasted by one.  

Our guys usually always have a storm in the winter...an ice storm, not tornadoes, wind or hail.  But we had some really late hurricanes ...and quite a few of them also.

None of the adjusters, usually ever, have to work in December.  They aren't real happy to be away from home right now, and the people with damage are usually never real happy (can't blame them).  So if some little 25 yr. old adjuster comes your way...have a kind word for him.  He got chased off a roof in LA. with a shotgun last month, because the guy wanted a new roof and didn't get it ( a doctor...go figure).
IP Logged

talitha
New Board Newbie

Walking by faith

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:00pm »

Thanks for asking.  A couple of trees down-here in the valley we got lucky-my aunt lives in the hills and hasn't had power for a week.  Another friend in Trinity county slipped on ice (yesterdays snow storm) and broke her shoulder.  
I'm a Hurricane Andrew survivor so this shouldn't alarm me-but wind is wind, even if you don't name the storm-
y'all take care-stay warm, dry, safe, and have a great Christmas.
Kathy
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:37pm »

Thinking of all you guys and praying that you have the power to turn on your Christmas lights !!!  Just turn the lights down low, and you'll never notice the leaking roofs, fences down, etc.  Enjoy your holidays .... and let the mess wait till later !!!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:49pm »

ALL RIGHT CALIFORNIANS  !!!!

How many of you want to help me string Bob G up and toss him over some of those neon lights of his, in SIN CITY??????

Linda
IP Logged

CathiP

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oregon is pretty dry- go figure! Seems that this storm is passing us by in favor of Californians- was  someone donw ther dreaming of a wet Christmas??  Undecided
Candlelight is MUCH more flattering!!!  
Everyone hang in there- it'll be drought season soon enough........
IP Logged
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 7:09pm »

does anyone know if the Yorba Linda area got hit.. I have friends there...and I know they were supposed to leave for vacation...and I cant reach them..dunno if they left or if they got hit by the storm...any help is appreciated!!
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss