Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mediation & Hormones/CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mediation & Hormones/CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mediation & Hormones/CH  (Read 1293 times)
RobinT
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Mediation & Hormones/CH
« on: Dec 29th, 2002, 10:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi

Yesterday I posted the below in the "Medication" section and was advised I may do better reposting in here......

Any feedback would be appreciated.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Hi.  New here.  I have started (again) w/CH.  I have been in remission for almost 6 years.  It took me a full year (7 yrs ago) to get to the right doctor to be diagnosed.  My CH's occur in my check area and I always thought it was my teeth.  By the time I finally reached a Nuero, I was almost in remission.  Silly me not realizing it could (and would) resurface in my life.  I thought whatever happened to me was in the past and never did any research on the submit.    

The first CH I had was a month after giving premature birth.  In the hospital I was given numerous medications (including intra-v magnesium sulphate).  

For the last year, I have been on/off various depression medications (for PMMD and stress).  The last two caused hives that lasted a month.  It seems with the allergey medication/withdrawing from medication has caused all types of side affects and somehow I think triggered my cluster headaches (again).  

I would like to try alternative methods to abort/prevent my CH's as I think I've just had way too many meds in my system this last year.  

I am going to try the water therapy (however, this is difficult as even after the CH, I am sore, throbbing pain in my upper jaw/teeth area, which makes it difficult to eat/drink).  I am also going to focused on extreme exercise.  

After catching an interesting show on TV today, I am also going to try mineral replacement beginning with coral calcuim.  It seems as though this can help the body become healthy in many different areas.  

Any one have any thoughts regarding hormones or medication allergies triggering CH's?
IP Logged

Who's pain is normal any way?
RobinT
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Medication & Hormones/CH
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 10:13am »

I meant "medication" in the subject line   Sad
IP Logged

Jabeen
New Board Veteran
USA 

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Email

Re: Mediation & Hormones/CH
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 10:30am »

Hi! Part of your story reminds me of my own story-taking a year to figure out what you have and get treated...anyway-mine started at 45 which is a typical hormone swing time also. They did go away for 5 years and returned this year. I know there are previous posts on hormone/allergy connections. You can see what people write here or meanwhile do a search (on this site) on those topics and see previous info-
Jabeen
IP Logged

OUCH member since 9/5/02
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 1:29pm »

My mother died of ovarian cancer.  So they did a total hysterectomy on me at 32.  I was pre-cancerous, they said I wouldn't have lived till 40.  Needless to say, I'm on hormonesl...and will be forever.  You can't ween off of them when you haven't gone through menopause normally.  I'm 45 now, and didn't start the ch's till last year, so I don't see any correlation.

They only thing they do is make you bearable to live with......and of course give you breast cancer!!!

Hope this helps,  

R
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 10:07pm »

Roxy, you have been seriously misinformed about HRT.

Please Please Please research the new studies about HRT.  Not only is it a leading factor for breast cancer, but it's also puts you in a MUCH higher risk factor for heart disease!

You CAN go off hormones.  I had a full hysterectomy in March and was only on HRT for about 3 months.  The hormones were what they thought was causing the headaches, and in part they were, but not the clusters.  I am surgical menopausal and the only supplement I have to take faithfully is calcium.

PLEASE redo your research on this point.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 10:15pm »

The hormones I take are compounded naturally.  So according to the medical info, I'm supposed to be safe from the side effects.

But I've tried going off, but it doesn't work for me.  Wish it did.

Thanks Cat
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30th, 2002, 6:48am »

I've been on HRT for 8 years now. I know its not really safe but I tried going off them and I felt like I was a walking time bomb. In my case, quality of life is my choice.  What good is a few more years if I'm miserable and unbearable to live with. But as I've stated before CH was no different pre or post menopausal, after pregnancy's, just always the same for me.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
RobinT
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30th, 2002, 9:09am »

I remember standing firm 7yrs. ago that is was hormonal (or triggered).  None of my male doctors bought into that one (not even my ob-gyn).  I still feel strongly about this (also find it odd that after all these side affects from meds......going from 4 weeks of hives directly into cluster headaches)....just seems to odd.

For those of you who take calcium....please try coral calcium.  It stays in your system!!!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss