Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « book for ch »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   book for ch
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: book for ch  (Read 1086 times)
Brassbear

Email

book for ch
« on: Dec 31st, 2002, 1:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I came across a book by Michael Goldstein titled  "Cluster headaches: Treatment and relief for Cluster, Cluster Migraine and migraines"

Has anyone read this book? Is it worth owning or should I save my money?

Michael
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

Re: book for ch
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 1:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just took a quick look at amazon.ca, and for what its worth: Roll Eyes
<<
(1 star) cluster headaches by seymour diamond, md, January 9, 2002  
Reviewer: Marcia E. Baumwart from Neodesha, KS United States  
quote:"treatment.relief for ....." This should never again be offered on Amazon (you are too far above this type of lit.)
It consists of an intro, a few paragraphs (only a few sentences each) to describe a headache...the rest of the entire content of this so called "help book", consists of list upon list of what other people have said about or how they described their headaches. When he says"from the personal experiences of " who were these people? "provided to encourage.." he needs a ghost writer, people with headaches who buy a book penned by a "MD", you want their opinion, not what so and so says about  
their heads. They look for the book that will give encouragement in the form of offering viable, scientificly
researched data that will help them, not just give you the sense...move over, there are plenty of others out there with headaches and read what they say.  
Sorry, but it was, for an avid reader of above average intelligence, a VERY dissapointing book. I am sure the author must have much to say that could help the buyer and sufferer, it is well hidden within the book, if so. Not that he/she should give up, but please find a competent assistant, and write your own views. Thank you for giving me a chance to review one of Amazons books.  

(3 stars) Still waiting for answers., August 31, 1999  
Reviewer: from United States  
This book touts "Treatment and Relief for Cluster, Cluster Migraine, and Recurring Eye-Stab Pain," but gives little clinical information. Instead, this book offers a few paragraphs of medical observation, followed by dozens of statements made by unidentified sufferers; covering symptoms, triggers, treatment and relief (which Cluster Headache sufferers know is still impossible). I've been waiting years for conclusive information on this excruciating condition. Reading page after page of complaints similar to my own nearly triggered another cluster headache! "Three stars" because I finally saw my crazy symptoms in print and know I'm not alone. Buy this book for emotional support, or to educate others about the condition. Don't buy it to be wowed by recent medical insight and advances.  
>>
IP Logged
Brassbear

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 2:28pm »

BC, appreciate the info. I have no desire to have my intelligence insulted. Get enough of that day in day out of normal life Roll Eyes

Guess I'll keep my money. The information I've gathered from this site, this message board and OUCH would probably put the book to shame.

Michael
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 2:54pm »

Hey Brassbear!!,

How do you like your new customized regulator?, converted, tested and ready to flow.....LMAO ;D

I have a couple new non-rebreathers laying around so i'll send one with the reg. Probably Friday, you will need to get a water bubbler $2-3 at a med supply store.

............................jonny Cheesy

PS: keep your end of the deal......LOL ;D
IP Logged
Ounce
New Board Newbie

Beware the vorpal bunny

phox56  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 4:18pm »

jonny, that is too cool bro. Thanks. I will keep my end of the bargain.

sorry, dancing just now. wife is logged in though.

Michael
IP Logged

They that stand and wait , also serve.
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 4:25pm »

WOW!  That reg puts my little 8li/s reg to shame!   Sad
Then I look over and see.....

1 pack of "basics"

1 can of Miller Highlife

1 package of Tic Tacs...

Doesn't get any better than that!  

Rock on, Bro!   ;D

Slammy   Cool
IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 5:10pm »

on Dec 31st, 2002, 4:25pm, Slammy wrote:
WOW!  That reg puts my little 8li/s reg to shame!   Sad

Slam dude,

You just say the word and I will have a 15lpm reg in your hands in under a week.

Just say the word, Bro!!!!!!

.....................jonny
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss