Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 8:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « O2 Sources »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   O2 Sources
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: O2 Sources  (Read 575 times)
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

O2 Sources
« on: Jan 9th, 2003, 10:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

there's been alot of talk about places to get O2.

From what I understand, you can get your typical medical O2, you can get a welding tank and O2, you can go to the local fire house and get O2, and don't forget one other option for buying your own tanks - pilot supply stores.  Pilots require an O2 tank in their aircrafts.  You can get some complete portable outfits for reasonable prices if you shop around.  Sporty's is one of the places that sells pilot supplies.  Just another resource for anyone out there trying to find O2.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: O2 Sources
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 3:15pm »

Thank you Catlind!
Good info on O2 procurement!
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
RobinT
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 6:14pm »

is this a website?  i can't believe the difficulty i am having obtaining 02.

my new neuro is a jerk.....i called crying and begging for maxalt.  i told her i wanted to start with that as it was a "free" prescription for me (I work for Merck).  Ready for this.....she never called in my script.  when i called the next a.m., she said that she didn't call it in because i told her it was "free".  HELLO....you still need a script (I am a secretary, not a doctor, and know that).  did she think i was gonna just go into work and pull it off the shelf??? SHAME ON HER!  and her office visit was $200....

as far as 02.......the only way i'm getting that is a trip to the ER (tried that before.....by the time we got there, did the paperwork, had the temperature, blood pressure, etc., the headache was gone.

called the primary tonite....he told me he'd refer me to a new neuro....yeah....who knows how long that will take.

i am tired, sad, frustrated and in pain.  my almost 7 year old is seeing and hearing things she shouldn't have to at such a young age.  it is affecting her!!!!  

she wrote in my journal that she hates her life and wishes we were dead.  she asked my mom why i wished i had a gun (i don't even remember saying that in front of her)

i don't understand these freakin doctors, i just don't....it's not like i'm asking for heroin.

sorry....i am just at my wits end
IP Logged

Who's pain is normal any way?
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 3:20pm »

Here's a link to a website I found for O2 suppliers:

http://www.ariba.com/suppliers/suppliers_list.cfm

Not sure of where all these companies are located, but surely they are somewhere nearby someone out there Smiley

Cat
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 4:44pm »

Robin,  

you said....."is this a website"  Uh.....yes.  ???

I see you've learned what a lot of us have learned. Don't go to the ER for a cluster.  It's over before they have a chance to treat you(if they treat you)  and that will then be $$$$$600.00 please!

I don't know where you live, but I may be able to help you re: 02     Check your e-mail girlie.    Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
RobinT
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 7:21pm »

Linda,

sorry to be so fague....i've met my match with the demon the last 2 days and don't even know what i'm saying, thinking, doing...

when i said "is this a website" i meant a place referred to as "sporty's"

today, i met a new neuro today who will prescribe me the 02.  problem was...she never did it before and didn't know how.  (shame on me for not being better prepared....but then again, i have been in no shape physically or mentally to prepare).  came home and did most of my homework. i think i can get the tank on monday.  am also starting acupuncture on monday.  she started me on verp. is keeping me on pred. a little longer and gave me imitrex.  she is better than the other doctors i have been pleading with...

i didn't see your email??

Cat....thank you kindly for the link (going to check it out now)
IP Logged

Who's pain is normal any way?
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 7:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 10th, 2003, 7:21pm, RobinT wrote:

today, i met a new neuro today who will prescribe me the 02.  problem was...she never did it before and didn't know how.  

RUN!!!!!

Run from any Neuro that dont know about 02 and run fast!!!!!!!!

.............................jonny
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 7:37pm »

Robin,

This is the sporty's website:
http://www.sportys.com/newhome2.cfm

Jonny tells me you have to be careful with the aviation O2 tanks and supplies though, so be sure you research fully and check with jonny before you buy yourself a tank from a pilot supply.

Cat
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss