Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 2:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vern is still kickn literally »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vern is still kickn literally
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vern is still kickn literally  (Read 458 times)
verndy
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Vern is still kickn literally
« on: Jan 10th, 2003, 2:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First of all I have to thank you guys for your support. I was really feeling like a flea on a plague-infested rat. If it weren’t for the people on this site, I would not be here today, just knowing that I am not alone is a real boost.  
For those of you that expressed concern hears an update,  
I went to sea my regular neuro, and one of the only doctors I have ever met, that really cares. I have always been honest with him and he with me. we came up with a plan, whether or not it works is any ones guess. First of all I told him about the heroin and he didn’t even flinch, he knows me well, I have been working with him for a few years and he knows the desperation that we sometimes feel and the lengths of witch we will go.  witch made me feel a hole lot better, any way the plan is to start taking VALTREX 500 MG TWICE A DAY.
You see every time I take steroids I break out with shingles, witch in it self is a hole different adventure in pain, not to mention a potentially life threatening situation.
After a day or two I will start the PREDNISONE 7 10 MG TABS FOR 14 DAYS, THEN START THE TAPER ALLONG WITH PEPCID ONE TIME PER DAY.
He told me that I get enough narcotics on my own he didn’t need to give me a prescription, I didn’t argue.  
I should also let you know that I absolutely hate being dull in the mind. I don’t drink or take any drug to get a felling of euphoria, only to be a little more physically comfortable. And like I said before, heroin sucks, not only is it unpredictable, but the people you have to deal with to get it are unsavory and dangerous. the hole thing is totally out of my character.
I am trying to post some pictures of myself on the personal web space that I have with this isp. So you can put a face on the junky, not all junkies are bad people, some times bad things led them to be junkies. Personally for me booze is much harder on me. I am not in to deep now, so I have to say thanks for helping me realize where I was headed.
Ill post my url when I am finished putting up the pictures. I have to go to bed now, tonight is my night off from dancing with the devil, I hope. So I better get my sleep now.  
Thanks you guys I love you all.
 And  
PFDS TO EVEYYONE    i hope i didnt upset anyone to much
 Cool
IP Logged

Screwed, and I don’t have a Philips head screwdriver.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Vern is still kickn literally
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 6:13am »

I am so happy to hear you got some help.  I will pray that you don't get shingles this time.  My Grandmother had them and I saw from her how painful it can be.  I will also pray this cocktail helps you find some painfree days and nights.  I don't think badly of you either bro.  Just hang in there and do the best you can.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 7:14am »

Hey Vern,
    If you want to join the gang go here http://www.pahlow.net/ch/clusterheads.htm
Scroll to the bottom for the address to send the pic. Warning this site loads slowly.
       Opus Tongue

IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 10:22am »

Too bad ya have ta go that route......it can't be good fer yer mental situation.....or health or security end of it all either. Good luck to ya.....yeah shingles are bad news....got a bad case of em years back and left a scar that looks like sumone took a hatchet to me....deep deep scabs that were so painful and starts at the nerve trunk. Doc tole me it's from havein chicken pox (herpes virus that never completley goes away...lays dorment in the nerve trunks) Best wishes ta find some sorta safer meds routine that works and gives sum piece a mind to........be safe......Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 12:53pm »

Vern,

Just a suggestion here, after talking with my doc, and telling her my concern with the whole narcotic route, she explained to me that if things got bad and she felt I was headed to addiction or would need harder and stronger narcs to take the edge of the CH's (I currently have only O2 as an abortive) that there was still an avenue to be taken to take care of the pain and control the levels of addiction.

Maybe your neuro can prescribe morphine patches for you.  Much less dangerous legally than heroin, and it's in controlled doses that keep your system in a level state.  Just a thought if you are interested.

No one will think badly of you for wanting to escape the pain, we all do.  Narcotics of any form will not abort a CH the best you can get is to take the edge off.  Heroin seems to me to be a rather risky (legal wise) means of doing that.  Ask your doc about the morphine patches, you may find that you are in a better state because of it.

Not trying to tell you how to deal with your pain, just trying to give you another option if you want it.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 12:42am »

;D ;D Vern,
     Man, You have the tenacity of an Old Sailor,Rock collector or the mountian itself!  I just wanted to tell you something I ran across in my reading, Neurontin has been helping people with shingles a great deal, If your neuro doesn't know this then tell her to get with the program and go to Health Square.com and do a little reading on Neurontin. might be the help you need to use what helps the most, when I took steroids I use to break out in what they use to call steroid acme, so I know what your talking about there too bro!
     Drop me a line and let me know how it's going! Also the use of O2 does absolutely zilch for my headaches! Pappy
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2003, 12:46am by sailpappy » IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 2:14am »

So glad you have been sharing your experiences , vern and I respect your honesty on this mb...you have been in my prayers...take care my friend. Praying for pfdan for you, bro... smiles, nancyc
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 3:05am »

Good job Vern,
Dont be too hard on your self because it sure sounds like you are on the right track. I have been blessed enough to survive a terrible drug addiction and if I know exactly how you feel. Sounds like you have a good Doc, that is rare. I had on once.....boy do I miss her. Anyway take it one day at a time and keep doing what you are doing. Good luck and I wish you PFDAN's. Thanks for being real,
Later Dude,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 8:46pm »

Hey verndy - you posted this a few days ago. How goes it?
Let us know
domm
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss