Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 7:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery # 1 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery # 1
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery # 1  (Read 580 times)
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery # 1
« on: Jan 12th, 2003, 12:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Our whole site, except for Bob’s groovy picture page, is based around text and having to read. We need someplace where we can go and get “cluster comfort” without having to think.

Hi Kids,
I know I must have sounded lame, just throwing out ideas. I know that ideas come cheap, I guess I was kinda waiting for approval. Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery is not my idea, credit goes to: Ted’s plan for a Cluster Art Show, combined with the idea for a Message Board auction (before my time) I remember seeing Jonny holding up an OUCH picture frame, he had bid on, in a post.  

So..since nobody dissed the idea, and OUCH doesn’t have to put their name on it (of course every last cent goes to OUCH) and since I really believe that this will become a very helping/healing project for us, I guess I’ll just go ahead and do it.

This gallery is just an online viewing room, showing Cluster-arts & crafts. You don’t have to donate or sell anything. Let’s get this first step together, then see where it goes from there. It’s also the part that can get up and running the fastest (and I really want to see all the stuff from the Clusterhead family).  

E-mail me with a photo or scan of your craft or art work. The overriding theme is Cluster headaches, however that encompasses a lot of territory. Include your name, the title of the piece, and a short caption, if you want, explaining how this piece came to be. If you want to donate a piece to OUCH stick a price on the caption, see if anyone bites. I will size the photo if necessary, and I can do photo adjustment (brightness, color, sharpness of focus…you know just the basics) if don’t want your photo adjusted just include that note also.

Photography will have it’s own gallery. It is ideally suited to this medium. (more info coming up about digital copyright or watermark protection). The best thing is, you can donate a photograph and still have it. Submit photographs same as above. Except, submissions for the photography gallery will never be adjusted, unless asked. Perhaps a real “Pic Off”. $5 donation to enter (all for OUCH) a photograph, then we vote on them. We eliminate the last 2 vote getters and do it again. $5 donation, then we vote, repeat until just one photograph is left. The winner gets auctioned off. Or, I have a good Photo Printer and can print out copies of photos, post em in the Gallery and if someone wants to buy a print, I’ll crank it out at home, mail it to you, the photographer, to sign, then on to a lucky OUCH member. (all money goes to OUCH)

The only requirement for all this stuff, is that everybody participating has to be an OUCH member. No, OUCH is not the sponsor, but that’s the requirement. If the piece was made by a Clusterhead, it will be noted.

Now here’s the tricky part. What should I do next? I think that one of those linkie thingies with the underline would be cool. Uhhh….that’s about it for my Web savvy. So….SERVER SPACE (and what to do with it) NEEDED. Several people have offered server space before, but with a new project I don’t want to take anything for granted. I see this gallery as a permanent installation, where you can look back on Cluster-art from years before. So what I am really asking for is commitment and stability (good gravy, did I just say that?) and help. I have “Front Page” Office 2000 installed, is that what I want to learn to put this together on the page, or is that outdated? If that’s outdated, could someone burn me a better one?

I have been pain free for 2 weeks today, officially in remission. I have 1 yr. and 10 months to do something, don’t doubt my passion or commitment to the Clusterhead Cause, it’s all I can think about. I feel like I was let out of a deadly hostage situation, just because someone tapped me on the shoulder and said “You can go”, they keep every one else. The more pain free I stay, the more I’m pissed about the injustice of this whole stinking thing, the injustice of what we have to go through to get some simple treatment like O2. I hate injustice.

PFDAN,
David J.

Read about protecting your online images with a Digital Watermark, in the following post.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Re: Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery # 1
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 1:22pm »

David,

You can also protect your online photos or stuff with a simple norightclick bit of javascript.  Anyone who really knows their stuff will be able to get around it, but you just add in a message that when they right click, you say this picture is the product of OUCH TM and protected under all copyright laws.  Clusterheadaches.com ©

or something to that affect.  I have the script if anyone is interested in it.

Here are some of the items I've auctioned off, in total I think it was nearly $500 that the auctions raised for OUCH.

I will state now that the 911 tribute clock is a one time deal.  There are 2 in existence, jonny owns one and DJ owns the other, I won't ever make another.

IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 8:44am »

Catlind,

How cool, so you are the one that made the picture frame I saw Jonny holding. That picture frame is exactly what I was talking about. You are the one I want to thank for the idea. And two-of a-kind, handmade clocks, girl, when do you find the time. The pictures of your work should be in a permanent gallery, so all the guests and new sufferers can see who has helped to row the boat before them.

I would love a copy of your “right click/serotonin inhibitor”, will it work on me, since I have Java and Active X turned off? Should “Copyrighted by________” be included as text on the image? (Where do you find the copyright symbol on the keyboard?)

Thanks for the help,
David J.
IP Logged

Ueli

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 10:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 13th, 2003, 8:44am, SommelierCH wrote:

Where do you find the copyright symbol on the keyboard?

To get a copyright symbol hold down the left Alt key while typing 0 1 6 9 on the right (with NumLock engaged).

© 2003 by Ueli
IP Logged
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 10:55am »

©©© Thanks Ueli,

Works like a charm, I can't believe I didn't try that combination © ;D ©.

Does the copyright symbol have any smileylike, message board meaning? To me it looks like a C on top of a head, are you thinking "Clusterhead"?. I think we should copyright the "©" as a "Clusterhead Logo©".

Thanks again friend,
David J.
© 1740
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 11:50am »

Here's one example (a little more complex than some others) of the norightclick script.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">

// (C) 2000 www.CodeLifter.com
// http://www.codelifter.com
// Free for all users, but leave in this  header

// Set the message for the alert box
am = "WARNING THE IMAGES YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO SAVE ARE COPYWRIGHTED BY OUCH. An image or name of  

image has been traced to your URL.  All images on this site are the exclusive property of Beth Walker/PhotoAmerica and are  

protected under U.S. and international copyright laws.  You must remove the image from your website within 24 hours or you  

shall be held legally responsible for the INTENTIONAL VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT punishable under the Federal statute for  

up to $100,000.00.  We must be notified of removal of image by Federal Express or e-mail within 24 hours or you will also be  

charged triple the use fees dating back to the first day of use.";

// do not edit below this line
// ===========================
bV  = parseInt(navigator.appVersion)
bNS = navigator.appName=="Netscape"
bIE = navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer"

function nrc(e) {
   if (bNS && e.which > 1){
 alert(am)
 return false
   } else if (bIE && (event.button >1)) {
     alert(am)
     return false;
   }
}

document.onmousedown = nrc;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
if (bNS && bV<5) window.onmousedown = nrc;

</script>
IP Logged

SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 12:04pm »

Cat,

I’ve read about people like you. Playing 30 games of chess at one time, blindfolded.  

Remember, I couldn’t even get my Pimmony artwork picture to post. Is there a downloadable .exe that would just plug itself in?

David J.
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 12:04pm »

David,

As much as I appreciate your praise of my work, I don't believe that it deserves a place of its own anywhere.
I have done very little in helping to row the boat compared to many many others here.

I intend to continue doing auctions, I just didn't have any time over the holidays to get anything done.  Actually I had a ceramic piece I was going to auction off, but once I got it finished I decided I liked it too much and kept it LOL

Ted's idea of a gallery of cluster artwork is an awesome one.  I would love see it come to fruition.  Zaira's art is incredible,  Jonny does some awesome photos, and there's others that have artwork and poetry.

I pointed out once before that it doesn't have to be clusterheads only, supporters are a big part of it.  The works of art, be them sculptures, poetry, pottery, or paintings should encompass the entire aspect of the life of a cluster sufferer.  Our spouses, our children, our painfree times, etc.

Just my 2 ¢ worth Wink

Cat
IP Logged

SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 12:58pm »

Yup, that’s all I’m trying to do. Get everyone’s work in one accessible spot, that has some permanence. I didn’t mean to put you on the spot or single you out, I was referring to the work you have done as representing what should be shown in the Cluster-Arts, Crafts & Photography Gallery, a permanent gallery, our visual history. And, of course, I’ve seen the artwork and photo’s that have been posted since I joined, those are the people who I am talking to, you were the one that replied.  

From the first mention of this, I’ve said the only requirement should be OUCH membership (the first post mentioned artwork by Supporters, Clusterheads and Neurologists). As I said before, the overall theme should be Cluster Headaches, but that covers a lot of ground, including everything you mention.  

As I said in the post above, this Gallery is just an online viewing room. A place where sufferers can go and not feel so alone, yet not have to read text during a time of pain. It’s some place I would want to go. I also wanted to include photographs and mentioned that they would have their own Photography Gallery.

The auctions and donations for OUCH, might or might not take off, but that doesn’t matter. Showing the work is what matters. But in the process, we might make some money for OUCH, or better, get people thinking about what they can contribute to this long journey.

David J.
IP Logged

Brassbear

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 4:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Copyright infringement already!!! 1740 is mine you snake!!!

OK, I do some Native American replica work. I gather up old knives (antiques) and make sheaths for them. I wouldn't hesitate to auction a few of them and some medicine bags to make money for OUCH.

Whaddya think? ???

Michael
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss