Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 9:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What we can do (more)... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What we can do (more)...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What we can do (more)...  (Read 383 times)
Brassbear

Email

What we can do (more)...
« on: Jan 11th, 2003, 8:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

To all the clusterhead family;

Raising money for OUCH is of exceptional importance. We need to get this thing headed toward better or more research and toward a cure. Grab an oar and start rowing.

David J. has some exceptional ideas. One that many of us could follow up on. There are many people in this family with talent. If you can't donate money (and many of us can't) then devote time of skill.

Surely someone out there is a potter? Some limited edition mugs or coffee cups for clusterheads would be cool. A printer? There must be a world of possible contributions. There are several artist, use your imagination. A welder with some artsy-fartsy sculpture?

Personally I do some leather work and I'm working on some contributions along that line that could be auctioned off on the board. My personal art work is cartoonish and amatuerish so that's right out of here. Some of you have some real computer skills. Anyone into desktop publishing? The possibilities are endless.

Come on guys, let's get this ball rolling. THIS IS IMPORTANT work and we ALL need to be involved.

And if you don't want to hear this from someone fairly new, SORRY! You can blame David J. He's the one that got me on this kick in the first place!

The clusterhead family, this message board, and OUCH all rock solid. Let's keep 'em that way! ;D

Michael
IP Logged
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

Re: What we can do (more)...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2003, 12:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree wholeheartedly.  

One of the upsides to local and regional chapters is that the folks that live close to each other can work towards fund raising efforts on a local level, which would make fund raising easier to accomplish.  

One of the topics I plan on broaching at the Carolinas'-Georgia meeting is fund raising.  

Awareness is the key. We have to let people know about CH and its devistating and sometimes catostraphic effects.

I hate to "steal" from other worthwhile organizations, but we need to look at what some have done, such as JDF, MDA etc.

Any celebrities suffer from CH? I heard Peter Frampton does. Look at how much Parkinsons has gained as far as notabilty since Michael Fox went public.

Random thoughts on a shadowy Saturday

PFDAN Ya'll

Silver Dolphins
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2003, 2:06pm »

This is a good idea guys.

I'm a brikki tho'!!

However I do write and am currently working on a novel/script where one of the main characters suffers from CH. This is not going to be very soon, however as I have so little time to actually write for fun - there's too much work on with the refrac. at the moment and my writing's mostly hurriedly written articles to beat deadlines. Roll Eyes It should take shape thru' the winter tho'
especially if there's a bit of a gap in the traffic.

I started writing it cos I thought, same as you, thatthere was very little awareness of CH. Hell, we didn't even hear it existed til Mopar was diagnosed.  

There was a programme on TV a while back where one of the characters suffered from CH. I didn't see it as I have no time for TV, but we were amazed how everyone who knew Mopar commented on the show -  
"Did you see the CHer on TV last night?"
"Brixter! Did you see that show?""
etc. etc. thru' the day. All were more sympathetic having seen the show.

Shows what a litle awareness can do!

Let me know what you think of this idea - I'll write it anyway but any input will be appreciated.

firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:13pm »

Yo B double,
 I'm game and agree totally, however, airbrush Painting currently doesn't pay the bills. So I guess I will have to produce at random until/unless I can get a business rolling.
  Man....it really sucks to have to be creative in my spare time of which there is very little right now. I'm working on it though.

BTW everyone I love the gallery idea submitted by David J and Ted.

Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss