Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 10:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Guy, Same Old Story »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Guy, Same Old Story
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Guy, Same Old Story  (Read 351 times)
MadMan
New Board Newbie

Old Enough To Know Better

New Guy, Same Old Story
« on: Jan 21st, 2003, 3:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm a CH'er from way back. I'm 42 now. Back when I was a kid I don't remember how often I would get them.  But I remember having them.

By the time I was in my late teens I was clearly episodic. I was getting CH about every 4-5 years. They would last for about a week. With one CH a day, usually in the evening after I had settled down. This routine lasted until I was in my late 30's.

Then things changed. 1st the CH started to last longer than a week. Up to a month. And came back after 6 months. Then they lasted for 8 weeks. & only stayed away for 4 months. The time of attacks grew longer & the time between attacks grew shorter.

Until, two years ago, when, they never went away. CHRONIC! Oh & did I mention that I can now have multiple attacks in one day?  

I've been lurking around these boards for a long time now. I know you call "it" the Beast. Me I call it the "Screamer".  Now not all of my attacks are true Screamers. CH yes, but not full blown, #10 Beast thank god.

Up until two years ago when they went cronic I didn't know about CH, or that there was any meds to treat them. It was all grin & bear it. Since then I have tried it all. Or so it seems.

Currently, I'm on Topomax. @300mg/day I also find that if the Beast burns through that an over the counter decogestant will help.  

Gee, I just realised how much I had typed. Sorry.
Thanks, for reading this far, it has to be a story you have heard before.

-James  

« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2003, 4:04pm by MadMan » IP Logged

What Me Worry

jonny

Email

Re: New Guy, Same Old Story
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 3:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What is chronic?

..........................jonny
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 3:51pm »

Smiley  Hi James,  

Sorry you have turned chronic, but hopefully you can get some relief from the little sob's.  Go get some 02....fast.  It's the best thing I've found to abort the attacks, and I usually have to hit it about 3-4 times a day.  

Read everything you can....go join OUCH and make a donation, buy the T-shirt, etc....

I'm chronic too, and yes, the multiple attacks everyday are nasty, but what the 02 won't take care of, the imitex usually will.  Glad the topomax seems to help you, it didn't do a stinkin' thing for me, but all meds work different for different people.

Stick around and read all you can,

Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 6:07pm »

MadMan - welcome to clusterville. Glad you decided to post instead of lurking around. Pull up a chair.
domm
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 7:42pm »

Howdy james.....hope ya can find sum help in this town......hopefully it's jus 'round the corner....Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

MadMan
New Board Newbie

Old Enough To Know Better

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:02am »

Thanks for all the support guys.

I needed it just now.

Had the big 3 get happy, eye, nose & jaw. I'm at work & of course my phone just kept ringing. Don't they know I'm dying in here?

Just now getting back to normal. Still have some shadows, but not too bad. After I finish writing this I'm gonna go stand outside in the cold for a while, that helps me.

Well, I guess 300mg of Topomax ain't working. Duh! And it seemed like such the wonder drug just a year ago when I started it. And that was just at 50mg. Now at 300mg the Beast just laughs.

-James
IP Logged

What Me Worry

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss