Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 11:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not good (War Related) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not good (War Related)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not good (War Related)  (Read 4238 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Not good (War Related)
« Reply #100 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 6:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hehehe
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #101 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 7:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, I am still worried about what Miss Piggy is going to think.  What if she comes in here and sees her frog with that tramp?  Then what will we tell her?  

Then again, maybe she should she Kermit.  Maybe she will see his true colors or color, whatever.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #102 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:07pm »

Kermit the "Kat".... Cool

Missing Ted, too....  Thanks ree, i been tinkin that same ting for a lawng time. Smiley
IP Logged
Mac
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #103 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:24pm »

Let's face it the frog  got caught green handed Kermitting adultery. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office". - Aesop
portfolio http://www.artwanted.com/McDonall
http://www.clusterheadaches.ca
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #104 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:59pm »

You win Den.........You’re killin’ me. laugh

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #105 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 10:04pm »

Mac...  Mac.

Steve G
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #106 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 12:33am »

OMG.........Mac, that pic is hilarious!!!!

Den.......you crack me up.....LMAO

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #107 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 2:38am »

Sorry if others had said this before but I couldn’t read all 5 pages of mr. potato heads rant (by the way I am part Irish).  You are a fool instead of blaming al-kida, he blames the u.s. DUH!  A terrorist hides where there are children and some get killed that is terrible that the children got killed, but blame the A-hole that hid among them.  These people have no regard for life and fools blame us.  No wonder most of the world is a 3rd world shit hole.  With people who think like tatter here it is a certainty that there will be problems.  What do you propose we do all of you fools?  The only other way we could stop the terrorists is to kill ourselves before they have a chance to kill us.  Then they would be happy and stop tiring to kill us if we are all dead already.  Yea that’s a great idea tater.  The difference in us and them is that we do not intentionally kill innocent civilians and they do if you can not see that difference you are a sad sad soul.  Your whining and pissing and moaning rivals the French and you have about as many solutions as they do ZERO.  Sad bitter and jealous.  Mugaby Did anyone think he was working on WMD or was helping anti US forces?  I don’t think so.  Was he a national security threat (to the US F the rest of the  world)?  You are a mental midget tiring to run out of your league.  I get so sick of going over the same points with the same midgets over and over.  You will never win these debates because you are wrong, history proves you wrong and the future will prove you wrong.    

Kiss my butt.
IP Logged
KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Sometimes it feels like this

Email

« Reply #108 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 6:43am »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 2:38am, 12gagueblast wrote:
5 pages of mr. potato heads rant............With people who think like tatter here it is a certainty that there will be problems...........Yea that’s a great idea tater.    

I suppose I should reveal my true identity.........

IP Logged

Who was the first person to realise you could get milk from a cow - and what did he think he was doing at the time?
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #109 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 11:10am »

This thread started about Afganistan. KenB, ya need to keep ur politics seperate on each country.
We are in Afganistan because the Powers that were there supported terrorism. The Taliban supported Oksama Bin Ladens organization of Terror. Until Al-Queda is eliminated, we will be there! I support that!
Iraq is a whole different ball of wax. IT IS NOT about 9-11. We are not in Iraq because of terrorism. And whether we should or should not be there is a subject i prefer to not discuss here. I DO support my president though, and i DON'T care if he is Republican or Democrat!

Patrick  Smiley
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Email

« Reply #110 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 11:40am »

Patrick,

I'm happy enough with the argument that the US is in Afghanistan to take out the Taliban because of their support for terrorists.  However, I do object to the argument that is regularly used that justifies the action in Afghanistan on some kind of humanitarian basis (i.e. - we are liberating the people from the oppression of the Taliban).  I can only imagine how insulting this argument must be to the people of Afghanistan.
IP Logged

Who was the first person to realise you could get milk from a cow - and what did he think he was doing at the time?
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #111 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 11:44am »

STOP IT!!!!!! Stop the arguing now!  We have all put our opinions on this thread and that is all that needs to be said right now.  We tried to lighten it up a little and someone has to start the fussing all over again.  Enough is enough.  Now chill out! Angry
IP Logged
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 12:21pm »

insulting to afgahanies????   WHAT are you talking about????  are those people better off now??  you must be one of those cultural relitivists.  whatever a person wants to do or a country wants to so you think its ok???   if someone was kicking your ass in your own home and the police came and liberated you from your ass kickin would that be a bad thing?  would you be greatful that they helped or would you say i am offended that you relieved me from this beating.  the police may also have the motive of keeping the person beating you from going to their house and beating them but would that make you any less grateful???  i dont think so unless you are a total ingrate which i will admit isnt totally out of the question.  "go away i want this beating to continue you have your own reason for being here you pig"  i can here you saying that now.  total lack of connection to reality!!
IP Logged
KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Email

« Reply #113 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 12:24pm »

If someone said to me "Sorry we turned a blind eye to your pain for years, but now that it effects us we've come riding in on our white horse to save you" I'd certainly be a wee bit peeved.  Get it?
IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

Re: Not good (War Related)bad you feel  when
« Reply #114 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 12:39pm »

Damn Ken you're bald dude?
Actually the majority of the Afghanies seem to be pretty happy we showed up. What your average Afghan on the ground seems to want is water wells, roads and help withcrops and food.  Funny thing the most commonly smuggled item into the country is goats.
The average Joe there would'nt mind if we offed his warlord for him either, but we won't touch the status quo without a damn good reason. Thats what  "his" government is for.
Having been a mud Marine I can assure you that the US personnel are not happy with what happened. Even though the rules of engagement are pretty clear about doing your damndest not to involve noncombatents, and to give aid and surcease to the best of your ability. Sometimes no matter what you do, the best intelligence and recon you can manage. You end up hurting the wrong people. I can not explain to you just how  shitty and depressed you feel when looking down at a young life or a mother whose future you just took away. Still bothers me and Vietnam was a fairly long time ago. Irreguler warfare  sucks big time and that is a Marines stock in trade.
I believe it is a good deed our being in Afghanistan. The Afghanies for the most part seem to thinks so also. There is a good possibility that something positive will come of it.
Iraq is a whole different discusion. I would like to keep it that way. If you don't mind.
If you have any questions about how the military operates in that sort of enviroment over there. Feel free to email me.
By the way those US troops are explaning why they shouldn't be Court Martialed. Hell of a way to end your day.

TTFN

Kirk
IP Logged

TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #115 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 12:57pm »

on Dec 10th, 2003, 2:53pm, Brian_Y wrote:

Pam, I am always like this.  Misanthropic, yet...well dressed.

So I guess it MAY be just you, but more likely I am just a prick.

Sorry, Tom.  

The answer to your question is Both. I can be a prick, too. I know, I know! Many of you are shocked. Relax. The world will continue to spin.  
Brian you are welcome to your opinion as much as I.
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #116 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:08pm »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 11:40am, KenB wrote:
Patrick,

I'm happy enough with the argument that the US is in Afghanistan to take out the Taliban because of their support for terrorists.  However, I do object to the argument that is regularly used that justifies the action in Afghanistan on some kind of humanitarian basis (i.e. - we are liberating the people from the oppression of the Taliban).  I can only imagine how insulting this argument must be to the people of Afghanistan.

Sorry KenB, But i didnt make that argument. I personally could care less about Afghanistans people. As far as that goes, i dont care about Irelands or Africas people either. My original statement stands true. But, you are the one who took my statement and changed it to apply to your political beliefs as far as US troops in Iraq.
So KenB, Why dont you just say it, I was right! You were wrong!

Patrick  Grin
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Email

« Reply #117 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:17pm »

Sorry Kirk, but there is no consistancy in that argument.  If you expand it out you will realise that there is injustice being perpetrated on a good deal of the worlds population.  Unfortunately for them, the perpetrators have not got on the wrong side of the US so they'll just have to continue suffering.  Please, someone, tell me you can see the hypocrisy in all of this???
IP Logged

KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Email

« Reply #118 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:23pm »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 11:40am, KenB wrote:
.However, I do object to the argument that is regularly used.......

That was a general observation Patrick - not an interpretation of your point.   Smiley

Quote:
I personally could care less about Afghanistans people. As far as that goes, i dont care about Irelands or Africas people either.

Hmmmm.......methinks that Patrick is not the only American who holds the above view.   Undecided  Anyone concerned?
IP Logged

TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #119 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:23pm »

What's Green and smells like Miss Piggy?
IP Logged

--Thoreau--
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #120 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:23pm »

Ohhhh ok, Now i see your problem!

You are Anti-American aren't you! Just because we are the #1 World power! You're jealous huh? Anything and everything we do as a country will be scrutinized by you and your like.
Get over it dude, You and your country will always only be a 2nd tier player!
Now go somewhere else and ruffle somebody elses feathers! We aren't interested in your causes!

Patrick
IP Logged

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #121 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:24pm »

It's Christmas, will you lot just  

SHUT THE FUCK UPhammer

Happy Christmas BTW
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:27pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #122 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:26pm »

Christmas is December 25th! So kiss my ass!

Patrick  Grin
IP Logged

Paigelle

Email

« Reply #123 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:29pm »

on Dec 11th, 2003, 1:24pm, pubgirl wrote:
It's Christmas, will you lot just  

SHUT THE FUCK UPhammer

Happy Christmas BTW

I agree with the above, give a rest it is Christmas.  Shut up already!
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #124 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 1:30pm »

How about dem TERPS  knocking off #1 ranked Florida in O.T.?
IP Logged

--Thoreau--
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss