Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 9th, 2024, 5:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not good (War Related) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not good (War Related)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not good (War Related)  (Read 4241 times)
rumplestiltskin

Email

children killing children
« Reply #50 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 11:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My opinion about this is a matter of record since before "this war". The archives at this site reflect who supported what. My opinion remains the same.

My money is being spent to send our children to kill children for politics, power and oil. I do not support that.

George Bush ,the front man for earth's power brokers is the most dangerous man on earth.  

Our reign of terror is creating new retaliatory terrorists everyday.

The names of the most recent 9 children, killed by American children , presented to those that support this conflict, are causing some to rethink their positions. Our rationizations, our propaganda is wearing thin. It really wasn't that good to begin with other than a desire for revenge. It's becoming very uncomfortable. It should. There are forces of good and evil at work here. There is no grey. You pick your side.

We have killed 4 times the number of civilians in Iraq alone than the number that died with my cousin on 9-11. If you want it to stop...you have to say so. It's OK to change your mind. Your life depends on it.

Wage Peace
DEN
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Not good (War Related)
« Reply #51 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 1:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So we should sit back and do nothing... Let them regroup and possibly take down the Golden gate bridge or the Empire State Bldg...How bout Disney world.  They already made us petrified to fly, take a cruise and even shop in a shopping mall.   Maybe we should all play cards and eat caviar while they just go into our schools and slaughter our children like those videos portray of terrorists shooting into the backs of desks of American children... Then will you say oh why didnt we do anything... Were you one of the people to say we did nothing to help the Holocaust victims... here we go again Den... you know how I feel...  Terrorists are cowards.  We at least come bearing our flag in uniform fore warned.  We did not ask them to come into our homeland and take away our freedoms but they did.  It is alright for them to kill OUR children... These are people that don't value human life... and treat women like they are pets.  You will never ever change my mind.
You think this is about oil... where is the oil in Afghanistan???  We are building hybred(sp?) cars in this country... we have our own oil suplus'... thats an excuse.    Its about time you face what is happening, because it is happening.  Unless we change hands in congress we are in Iraq, Afghanistan and God knows where for the long run... until we finish the job... otherwise those boys have all died in vain and those sweet children that those cowardly terrorists hid behind also... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 1:44pm »

did we forget about this one...

216 marines killed in Beirut bombing
(OCT 25, 1983)  
General Paul X. Kelley, the United States Marine commandant, has arrived in Beirut to investigate the terrorist assault on Marine headquarters. Rescuers have pulled 216 bodies from the charred metal and collapsed cement of the airport complex. As many as 30 more bodies may still be buried in the rubble. New questions were raised about security at the headquarters and about the Reagan administration's involvement in the fragile, volatile politics of Lebanon.  

FOUR-STORY DEVASTATION  

One single-minded terrorist is responsible for all the devastation. On Sunday, he drove a Mercedes truck filled with at least 2,500 pounds of explosives past sentries and through barricades at the headquarters. The truck crashed into the building, exploded in a large fireball, and turned four stories of the structure into burning rubble. "I haven't seen carnage like that since Vietnam," a Marine spokesman said. High-rise buildings all over Beirut shuddered with the force of the blast. Two minutes after the attack, another truck filled with explosives slammed into the compound used by French peacekeeping forces. Fifty-eight people were killed.  

IRANIAN LINKS  
Atelephone caller to Agence France Presse said that a group called the Free Islamic Revolution Movement was responsible for the explosion. White House officials said terrorists with links to Iran are to blame. The two suicide missions were similar to the attack on the United States Embassy which killed 63 people in April. A Marine spokesman said no special precautions were taken at the headquarters after the embassy attack. President Reagan's congressional critics said the role of the Marines in Beirut was ill-defined, and Senator Robert Byrd, the minority leader, blamed Reagan for "a fundamental miscalculation in foreign policy." The President has dispatched 300 Marines to Beirut to replace the fallen peacekeepers. Reagan said keeping the Marines in Beirut is "central to our credibility on a global scale."  

1980s NEWS STORIES & EVENTS  

See ad  

Site Catcher can transfer your site to Tripod in 3 clicks  Join Lycos Affiliate Programs and earn money from your website      

IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 1:46pm »

I am so HAPPY!  I got my adopted soldier's name and I am packing my Christmas box RIGHT NOW!!! Grin

I hope it gets there by Christmas!!

Wish I could send them a snowman!  Does it snow there???????????????

changing to a happy subject.....little Deb Wink
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 2:01pm »

Good for you Deb... all this thread is doing is drumming up more sadness... Im not adopting because I have alot of close friends and relatives I am currently supporting there....... Sean told me that they dropped a whole pallet of mail off the ship when he was in Iraq too... I'll bet no one thinks that happens either but it does... Imagine waiting to hear from home and watching your packages and mail drop into the sea........ ree
IP Logged

Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 2:12pm »

oh, bummer, Ree.  I am going to wrap this package so good, that is if falls off a ship, it will float to shore.  I am attaching a water activated propellar, and a parachute, and an little homing pigeon just in case!  LOL

LD
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #56 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 5:02pm »

Quote:
So we should sit back and do nothing... Let them regroup and possibly take down the Golden gate bridge or the Empire State Bldg...How bout Disney world.  They already made us petrified to fly, take a cruise and even shop in a shopping mall

No. It’s Washington that has done its level best to keep us running scared. Too many Americans like overkill for its simplicity. Paranoia is handy for them. We cannot be what we profess  by living this way. The sad thing is that we’re putting up with it.  Historically, this works and it's being used to perpetuate atrocious judicial behavior towards our own citizens, and I don‘t mean just Arab-Americans.  

We need all the Hyde Park soapbox speakers we can muster. This is a dangerous time and it should scare the shit out of us. I will never trust anyone who inserts a John Ashcroft anywhere. These are horrible human beings. Like George pretty much said: Go to the mall and by lots of things. Don’t worry, let us take care of you.  

Like it or not, we’re more than ever involved with the rest of the world which is just the opposite of George Bush’s America firster platform.  

Horrors like what happened to these children are not unique or new. Armies everywhere are very efficient with scatterguns.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

Re: children killing children
« Reply #57 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 6:06pm »

on Dec 9th, 2003, 11:34am, rumplestiltskin wrote:
.........We have killed 4 times the number of civilians in Iraq alone than the number that died with my cousin on 9-11.

Hi Den.  Not looking for an argument with you, but maybe you could clarify something for me.  Are you saying that we have killed more than 12,000 civilians?

If so, during what time period?  This info sure has avoided my radar screen.

I truly am sorry to hear about your cousin.

Mike
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
jonny

Email

« Reply #58 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 6:50pm »

on Dec 9th, 2003, 1:39pm, Ree wrote:
So we should sit back and do nothing... Let them regroup and possibly take down the Golden gate bridge or the Empire State Bldg...How bout Disney world.  They already made us petrified to fly, take a cruise and even shop in a shopping mall.   Maybe we should all play cards and eat caviar while they just go into our schools and slaughter our children like those videos portray of terrorists shooting into the backs of desks of American children... Then will you say oh why didnt we do anything... Were you one of the people to say we did nothing to help the Holocaust victims... here we go again Den... you know how I feel...  Terrorists are cowards.  We at least come bearing our flag in uniform fore warned.  We did not ask them to come into our homeland and take away our freedoms but they did.  It is alright for them to kill OUR children... These are people that don't value human life... and treat women like they are pets.  You will never ever change my mind.
You think this is about oil... where is the oil in Afghanistan???  We are building hybred(sp?) cars in this country... we have our own oil suplus'... thats an excuse.    Its about time you face what is happening, because it is happening.  Unless we change hands in congress we are in Iraq, Afghanistan and God knows where for the long run... until we finish the job... otherwise those boys have all died in vain and those sweet children that those cowardly terrorists hid behind also... ree

I didnt plan on getting in on this and havent, but when I just read the above I had to say something.

Ree, if I could type and express myself as well as you I would have typed the exact same thing.....thank you for typing it for me.

..........................................jonny
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 6:56pm »

I just sent my goodie box to my soldier! Grin

I hope I sent something he likes, and I hope he gets it for Christmas!!!!!

That was TOO COOL!!  I want to adopt more!! Grin Grin

In the spirit of giving.....little deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
jonny

Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 7:11pm »

Im sending my box tommorrow

I took down my flag and it will be in the box  bigguns

................................jonny
IP Logged
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #61 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 9:18pm »

Den,

I'm not about to try to convince you otherwise.  A person needs to stand by their convictions and that is truely an admirable trate.  I have always, in my brief time at this great place, considered you a extreemly insiteful person.

But what is to be done?

These thugs play by a completely different set of rules.  You cannot negotiate with them because they have no concern for the value of life.  They do not give a shit and I sometimes I think that is their advantage.  They set the rules.  

What would you do?

Would they cut your throat the very second they saw a weakness in you?  I don't know.?  I'm no longer willing to test or tempt them.  

It sometimes seems as if these folks are just looking for something to be pissed about. Just what do they expect to accomplish by killing the inocent?  

Have they ever thought of another way to elevate and help their people?  

I disagree that's it's somehow our fault.

Regards,
Steve G
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #62 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 9:56pm »

Huh Roll Eyes Angry Sad Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided frown ugh gocrazy

givin' up.......................little deb (sigh...)
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #63 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 10:19pm »

awwwww  Deb!     and you were doing so good!!!!!

cmon back!     i was just starting to have a good laugh!

hmmmmm    what could i send?  what could i send?  hmmmmmmmmm

wonder if they'd want any empty pop cans?

grant  
(who'd really like to help but is "financially embarrassed" ---- but still having fun watching Deb having fun!)
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #64 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 10:37pm »

Well, Grant........

Do you have any unused condoms you could send????

Postage would be cheap on that size box, too!!

tryin' to help a brother out......little deb Grin
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #65 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 10:42pm »

Here ya go, Deb     Grin

http://www.bigboycondoms.co.uk/
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2003, 10:49pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
grumpett
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

Not good (War Related)
« Reply #66 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 10:53pm »

HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS ONE?

T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,  

HE LIVED ALL ALONE,

IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE,

MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY,

WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,

AND TO SEE JUST WHO,

IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT,

A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,

NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS,

NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY THE MANTLE,

JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,

ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES,

OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES,

AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,

A SOBER THOUGHT,

CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT,

IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,

I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER,

ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING,

SILENT, ALONE,

CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR,

IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE,

THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,

NOT HOW I PICTURED,

AN AMERICAN SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THE HERO,

OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?,

CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,

THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES,

THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,

OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS,

WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD,

THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,

AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE,

A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM,

EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,

BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS,

LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER,

HOW MANY LAY ALONE,

ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE,

IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT,

A TEAR TO MY EYE,

I DROPPED TO MY KNEES,

AND STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED,

AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,

"SANTA, DON'T CRY,

THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE.

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM,

I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,

MY LIFE IS MY GOD,

MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,

AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,

I COULDN'T CONTROL IT,

I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS,

SO SILENT AND STILL,

AND WE BOTH SHIVERED,

FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE,

ON THAT COLD, DARK NIGHT,

THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR,

SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,

WITH A VOICE, SOFT AND PURE,

WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA,

IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE."

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,

AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT,

"MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,

AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."

This poem was written by a peace keeping soldier stationed

overseas.

The following is his request. I think it is reasonable.

PLEASE. Would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as

many people as you can?

Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due to our

AMERICAN service men and women for our being able to celebrate these

festivities.

Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe.

Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who

sacrificed

themselves for us.

Please, do your small part to plant this small seed.

IP Logged

i'm not crazy....I've just been in a bad mood for 30 years!
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #67 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 11:27pm »

Awwwww. .....That is so nice.

I will pass is on..

IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #68 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 12:50am »

A few things, Ken. Israel is bombarded by terrorist organizations that have as their charter "Destroy Israel. Kill Jews." So your little BS about the fact that Israel reacts to the terrorism that progresses that idealogy is pretty telling of you and how you feel about those under attack. Now, you bring up those poor children that everyone feels bad about. And trust me, no one feels good about that happening. But you bring them up as a method of saying our war in Afghanistan is bad? And call Ree cold? You propogandized their deaths for your own purpose. These kids meant nothing to you but a way to talk shit about America. You didn't care, you cold mother fucker. You've been, as I read, using them as a means to an end. And your end is what? To pull America out of Afghanistan? What's your motive for that? Why would you like to see America... the UN fail there? Only one reason I can see. You are Taliban. You loved it when the Budhist temples and statues were desrtoyed. Because it sure a fuck has nothing to do with Iraq. That was a war I've been completely against and protesting against. So all this bullshit of "peace at any cost" that Europe gave Hitler is crap. And the exploitation of Children's deaths is beyond that. It's using it to attempt to defeat those who are out to defeat the terrorists.
 One more thing. Ree's family has been in the midst of these wars. I watched you talk shit about them before finding out their opinions. You were attacking our soldiers who are there to protect us, before asking their opinion on policies. All you did was attack them. Now, to take it further, let's assume they agree with Iraq. Who the fuck are you to condemn them personally for agreeing with this war if they believe they are protecting this country? Have you talked to them? I have. I interviewed Sean and know where he's coming from. He is in the service NOT waiting to get a free college eduacation but to protect us. He's not in for the net profit he can get. So don't show disrespect to those willing to die for what they believe in.
 Love,
 The biggest liberal you'll ever meet who fought against many wars America started
 My Email is Jayacat2@aol.com.  
 I was told of this thread so I came back but now I'm leaving again. Arguments can be directed to that e-mail. If you give a shit you won't care that you'll argue in private.
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #69 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 1:15am »

Ted

Nice to see ya, bud

too bad ya couldn't stick around longer --- always makes for interesting conversation.

next time...
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #70 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 1:20am »

egads... dare I say it?  I miss Ted.   Shocked
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #71 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 1:26am »

Remember.....Ted is a liberal Shocked

You ain't gonna find him eatin' bean sprouts and sitting in a redwood.  

Liberals come in all shapes and sizes. Conservatives need to stay that way too. They have the neo-cons like we have Noam Chomsky.  

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2003, 9:29pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #72 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 3:54am »

Damn. You won't believe this, but I agree with Ted.
Wish I was that articulate.

TTFN
IP Logged

KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Sometimes it feels like this

Email

« Reply #73 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 6:27am »

on Dec 10th, 2003, 12:50am, Ted wrote:
Why would you like to see America... the UN fail there? Only one reason I can see. You are Taliban.

Hee hee - thanks for that one Ted.  I was having a bad morning but that little gem of observation has certainly cheered me up.   A Taliban?  What the......????  How the.....????  Better take this Black towel off my head - it's a real giveaway!   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
IP Logged

Who was the first person to realise you could get milk from a cow - and what did he think he was doing at the time?
rumplestiltskin

Email

the acid test
« Reply #74 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:09am »

My intent is only to state my beliefs.  

As a Clusterhead I feel free to do this here at this site. In this forum.

I won't be drawn into a fight with anyone about this. I don't fuck for virginity. I have been called every vile thing one can think of over the years for my beliefs. I remain in good company there.  

We are all on the internet. Each of us has before them access to all the information to support, defend and contribute to whatever belief system we have. We each can get all the ammunition we need to rationalize anything we want.

We can then, and usually do, hang out with folks that share that belief system.

When I say things like "freedom is free" it comes from a place deep within me. A spiritual place that I don't expect everyone to understand. ...Although it has that effect, I don't say that to iritate the crap out of those that believe my "freedom" has been bought and defended by people killing other people. Granted....if I lived in certain countries on this globe that statement would be dangerous to make. That doesn't make it any less true for me.....or those that have died believing that.

I have to have a foundation, a core belief system to work from...and then rationlize that. So do you.

wage peace
den
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss