Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 1:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So what are you doing? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So what are you doing?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So what are you doing?  (Read 1491 times)
don

Email

So what are you doing?
« on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

On a personal level this Christmas is going to suck large...........BUT...........

Tommorow I will be coordinating a Christmas Party for 87 disadvantaged children. Grabbed up almost $2500.00 in commercial donations. Picking up 100 pizzas in the morning. Bought gifts for all of them. Hey Santa....BITE ME!

Sunday I get to be Santa at Petco. Last weekend we raised $6000.00 for a local animal shelter. A chihuha pissed on me. Little rodent.

Tonight I dropped a fiver in Sally's red pot outside the local market.

So what are you doing this year?

IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: So what are you doing?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:44pm »

Good For You Don.

How can I compete with something that thoughtful ?

I'm just gonna go to Indiana and have a couple of nice days & eves with the family.

Merry Christmas to you.
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Gee, Don
Thanks for making me feel like shit! Embarassed

moonwiggle

Grin tina
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:46pm »

Watching the storms offshore that I don't  have to be in. Stoking the fire once in awhile. Eating to much and generally be all round lazy.

TTFN
IP Logged

Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:46pm »

oh yeah............ and  

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   crackup
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 7:53pm »

Have you seen the movie "Bad Santa?"

Thats our Don......LOL Grin

...................................jonny
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 8:09pm »

I dont care what they say I still think blow up dolls were appropriate for the older kids. Had to bring them all back.  

(Xcept one)
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 8:11pm »

I got a 12-pack of hotdogs just waiting for the 25th.    Tongue
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 8:16pm »

Quote:
I got a 12-pack of hotdogs just waiting for the 25th.

LMMFAO !  Ball Park?
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 9:05pm »

Hey Don..............the blow-up dolls are SUPPOSED to have holes Grin

give the one without any holes to a gay man for x-mas............lol....LMMFAO! Unless ,of course, you WANT be seen returning it. Roll Eyes

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 11:11pm »

I love the season:

When my neighbor goes, like every year, I’ll be cutting down one of his back yard trees and setting it in the window with ornaments made from wind chimes I steal from my other neighbors. My friend who isn’t too fussy about his take from the Salvation Army pot is invited as he always brings such good stuff.  

My dinner plans are open but I can usually find a restaurant that will spring for drinks and a meal to keep me from making a reservation in the front. Every year I bring a newly released guest who later helps me quietly collect money from the diners to pay for my Camels and Thunderbird gifts at the orphanage.  

It’s truly wonderful this time of year.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 11:19pm »

Quote:
Every year I bring a newly released guest who later helps me quietly collect money from the diners to pay for my Camels and Thunderbird gifts at the orphanage.  

HAAAAAAAA, good one Charlie, I will be bailing one of my offspring out of jail, one to many..........

Lee
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #12 on: Dec 12th, 2003, 11:26pm »

Don, you are such a sweetheart !  

LOL at some of the responses !!!  

This year I will be spending lots of time with my family just taking in all the nice things that people on this board have done for my family; saying prayers for all my family (including clusterbuds); and relishing in what life does have to offer.  

Next year ........ I'll be on the giving side again ...... I feel it coming !  

Everyone enjoy the holiday season !!!!!  From my house to yours ... Merry Christmas and a happy & blessed New Year !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 1:41am »

I'll be going home to my Mom's house to spend xmas with my family, and my grandmother, who just had a heart attack on Monday.

I'll spend every minute treasuring all the time I am fortunate enough to have with friends and family that I love, including all the ones here.

On xmas eve, we'll light all the candles, turn on the xmas lights, turn off all the other lights, and 8 pm we'll sit down to read twas the night before xmas, the 35th time in as many years.

I'll put change in the red pots, I'll be a santa for someone who needs that little bit of magic in their life, and I'll drink a toast to a friend no longer with us.  I'll remember my dad and the wonderful memories he left me with of xmas's past.

Then I'll sleep for a week from the exhaustion of all the shopping, bustling, wrapping, baking and cooking.

And get ready to do it all again next year.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 2:55am »

My Christmas kinda runs like this.....

My Mom and Dad are divorced now so it has changed a little over the years.

1rst.  Moms at 3:00 till around 4:30 on Christmas eve.

2nd. Dads at around 5:00 till 6:30 on Christmas eve.

3rd. My wifes (Kim) Grandparents ( I don't have anymore of those) at about 7:00 till 8:00 on Christmas eve.

4th. My wifes Dads (Her mother has past away now) at about 8:15 till when ever........

5th. finally home......we listen to Christmas music, tell Christmas stories, and remember our loved ones who has past away all too soon from our lives, and pray and thank God for all he has done for us including giving his son born on that day to die for our sins.  That's what i think Christmas is all about!!

6th. Sugar plums dancing through our heads........

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:18am »

Have a feeling this won't mean anything 'over there', but we are going to see a special British stage show that only happens at Christmas where men dress as ugly women, the 'lead boy' is always a woman dressed as a man, and the audience joins in a lot, shouts, boos, hisses and generally behaves like a bunch of kids whatever their true age is!

(you knew the Brits were weird, but this is one of our weirder traditions Grin)

Anyone know what this is? Huh

Wendy

P.S. Don't tell Don I said this but he's a honeybun inlove

« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:31am by pubgirl » IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #16 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:52am »

Yeah, I adore panto's.

IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 6:56am »

hey Ave

do you have them as well then?
IP Logged
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 8:01am »

Running OUCH, helping unfortunate children...playing Santa...helping find homes for animals...& then donating a five-spot. Now you just gotta do something about St. Fud's Hair Stylist.

You da man...God helps those that help others.

Peace,

Jim

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 8:11am »

Quote:
God helps those that help others.  

At what point does this event occur? I wanna make sure I'm wearing my best after shave.
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #20 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 8:21am »

We are going to spend Christmas Eve up at my Mom's. First my dad reads the Christmas story from the Bible and we say a prayer and let the kids open gifts. Then the adults all play Dirty Santa (all 20 of us), get rather rowdy, but fun.  

This year we are staying overnight at my Mom's, which is different. This is so we can spend Christmas morning with my son, who now lives with her.

We are hoping and praying for a white one here in SE Oklahoma. It doesn't happen often, but it sure is pretty up in the mountains where my mom lives when it does!

Oh! And this year we will have a new addition to the family! My most favorite niece is due anytime now and baby Trevor will spend his first Christmas with us, making it extra special this year. Also, my two nephews will be home on leave from the service...so the whole fam-damily will be together this year. It is going to be wonderful. My grandfather (the last one) is 87 and although he is still active, he will have his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and his great-great-grandchild present this Christmas. What a wonderful gift, don't you think? Smiley

A Blessed and Merry Christmas to you all!

Jackie
IP Logged

Jackie S.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 11:05am »

Wendy, you'll appreciate this, we've taken a british classic and turned it into a Canadian tradition, and I'm slowly working on the US now Wink

Every year, and only at xmas cause they are bugger to make, we do about 12 dozen cornish pasties (that's a short a, not a long eh) - we make them finger food size though.  So between my Mom, Sister and Law and myself we usually end up with enough to last from xmas eve until new years Wink

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 11:28am »

mmmmmmmmmmmm
tasty!
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 1:06pm »

Wow what a tradition, setting up a stage and cross-dressing to celebrate in an audience participation play even......Where's the Jesus in that? OH!...wait I see now............"JESUS that ugly ass broad is a MAN! Shocked

I understand now Grin

Rainman
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 13th, 2003, 2:38pm »

On the Sunday before Christmas my wife and I will be at the Cook Co. Jail in Chicago for a special service for the some of the men.  We go almost every week, but this will be a special service with a lot of music and special events.

On Christmas morning we will probably go to my parent's home with my three brothers and sisters that are in the area.  This year will be the first time my daughter has had a husband at the gathering.  Generally it is rather low key with sharing the Christmas story for the Bible and letting the younger grandkids tell what it means to them.  Since Mom and Dad are in their seventies now and in declining health we will treasure the time we have with them.

BTW, although we are not Jewish we also will somewhat observe Hanukkuh to celebrate the protection  God gave the Jews and the cleansing of the temple.

We wish all of you a happy and blessed Christmas this year.  Please take a little time to acknowledge the one we celebrate.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss