Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thanks to all & a few observations »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thanks to all & a few observations
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks to all & a few observations  (Read 393 times)
Orneryolefart
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks to all & a few observations
« on: Dec 14th, 2003, 11:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks to all who have given me support.  Gosh, what a deal is this internet.  The last time I had an attack (about 8 years ago) there was no internet here and I was unaware of all this information.  As a matter of fact, I live so far in the country that I don't get Saturday Night Live until Monday afternoon.  
  I have now had five PF days and nights and no symptoms of the Devil lurking.  I believe the SOB (not Sweet Ole Beast) is on the run.
    During the 45 plus years that I have been plagued with CH's, I have tried about all the meds, diets, etc. that have been mentioned.  Imitrex, however is new to me.  It is wonderful!  Anyhow, the treatment of CH's, is an inexact science.  What may work for one, may not for another.  Therefore, perhaps we ought to post what works for us, and let others decide for themselves, rather than insisting that what works for us is a cure all.
   For me, usually there are signs of an impending attack that my wife can recognize and I can't.  I'm more edgy, jitterey, cranky, etc. than usual.  I say "I'm all right."  I believe we CH's have a built in denial system.  At any rate, the wife insists that I start Lithium.  That has worked for me.  This time, though, the rascal slipped up without warning.
     Regarding alcohol, I abstain when I'm under siege.  I tried getting drunk once to try to get rid of the beast and that was a serious mistake.  Took the beast for a stagger rather than a walk.
 Orneryolefart in Texas, U.S.A.
IP Logged

The Orneryolefart in Texas
Mac
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

Re: Thanks to all & a few observations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 11:54pm »

Glad to seebow Imitrex is working so well for you. Maybe you can change your handle to notsoorneryolefart now Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2003, 11:57pm by Mac » IP Logged

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office". - Aesop
portfolio http://www.artwanted.com/McDonall
http://www.clusterheadaches.ca
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 11:54pm »

Hope yer PF days conintue a LONG time !!! I also can tell ahead of time when Brad is headin for his cycle....he is 'so' different.....very agrumentive....jittery.......and unsettled. But he "swears" he felt no warning of his cycle onsought tho....other then a sharp personailty change I noticed and brought up alot. That'w ahat baffles me and 'why' the change in personality or what it has to do with ch. I had also never seen hardly ANY literature or info on ch all the years he suffer'd until finding this place a year or so ago. Pam the jeckel and hyde notice'r of ch
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

CHmess

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 8:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had to reply to this post - I was soooo thrilled when I hit my 5 day PF mark that I even had to post about it, my CH round ended 9 days ago (first one is 6+ years) (only my 2nd round in my whole life) ----- then I woke up this morning at 6:30 am......its back......I just don't think I can do this. I don't know how you guys can deal with this!!!! and for 45 years..... I'm falling apart right now - the reality of dealing with this...I can't take it.....I'm not that strong!!!!!!!  I have migraines all the time - I can deal with those but you know right when these start that you're not gonna get lucky enough to have a migraine!   Cry

The thing that I wanted to reply about was the mood-swings. Yesterday I was a raving BITCH!  I kept having to stop myself and say "WHOW what the heck are ya flipping out about that for??"  Isn't that crazy??? Maybe that means if we can force ourselves to be happy and chipper all the time - the beast won't be able to bother us.
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 9:34am »

on Dec 15th, 2003, 8:50am, CHmess wrote:
I had to reply to this post - I was soooo thrilled when I hit my 5 day PF mark that I even had to post about it, my CH round ended 9 days ago (first one is 6+ years) (only my 2nd round in my whole life) ----- then I woke up this morning at 6:30 am......its back......I just don't think I can do this. I don't know how you guys can deal with this!!!! and for 45 years..... I'm falling apart right now - the reality of dealing with this...I can't take it.....I'm not that strong!!!!!!!  I have migraines all the time - I can deal with those but you know right when these start that you're not gonna get lucky enough to have a migraine!   Cry

The thing that I wanted to reply about was the mood-swings. Yesterday I was a raving BITCH!  I kept having to stop myself and say "WHOW what the heck are ya flipping out about that for??"  Isn't that crazy??? Maybe that means if we can force ourselves to be happy and chipper all the time - the beast won't be able to bother us.  

Like you I can deal with the migraines, but not CH.  I know when I am getting ready to be hit because of my anxiety level.  But I am never sure when the cycle itself is going to start.  Although my husband mentioned that before my first hit this time, that I was mean for about a week.  He said it was like I was stressed out and that I was moody.  
IP Logged
rumplestiltskin

Email

Smilies
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 10:41am »

Yes... if one can be happy and serene all the time one will never ever have a Clusterheadache.

This is a proven medical fact.

Any negative thought or feeling however conscious or unconscious, any fearful or selfish attitude opens the door to a possible CH.

Don't misconstrue as as some sort of punishment from God....it is simply a natural law.

Find and stay in that blissful place inside you and you will never have another CH.

Good Grief
den
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 10:44am »

Den, I don't think there are cluster headaches in heaven either !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: Smilies
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 10:48am »

on Dec 15th, 2003, 10:41am, rumplestiltskin wrote:
Yes... if one can be happy and serene all the time one will never ever have a Clusterheadache.

This is a proven medical fact

What is this all about ???
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:00am »

How can we be happy and serene with CH?  I was happy when I first started getting these bastards, not so happy after that though.
IP Logged
CHmess

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:00am »

I don't know, it started as just wishful thinking on my part!  

IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:08am »

Wishful thinking is what gets us through the pain sometimes.  You know the one "I wish my f'in head would just go ahead and  pop off!"
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:34pm »

Orneryolefart

What exactly does ornery mean?

I sort of think I know (but it is a very American word)
Does it mean curmudgeon? (a very British sort of word meaning "moody bastard"Wink

Wendy
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:37pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss