Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Physical exertion »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Physical exertion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Physical exertion  (Read 1150 times)
CHmess

Email

Re: Physical exertion
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 1:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well hang in there bedhead - don't borrow any guns from anyone. Sex is a much funner way to deal with the pain. Since this is a new-comer, I'll spill the beans and let you know what works for me - I have found that if I feel the "beast" on its way (which is almost always in the middle of the night) well then I just roll over onto my husband and ride the night away, he can even stay sleeping if he wants (but he never does). I don't know if its the blood rushing to other body parts but it almost always helps the headaches!  Or at least shortens them.  And if you don't have a partner to roll over on then I'm sure you can use your imagination - doesn't matter how you get there - the ending is always the same and that's the part that does the job  Grin Best of luck to you all............... PFDAN's ahead to all of you!!!
IP Logged
bedhead
New Board Newbie
Canada 

relief?

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 1:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I didn't know how to bring it up, so I'm glad someone else said it before I did.  It is the only thing that I have found so far to relieve the headaches.  I'm glad I'm not the only one. Smiley
IP Logged
CHmess

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 1:40pm »

NNNAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH you're not alone...... I didn't want anyone to think I was a pervert either but, what the hay, right. Besides, what kind of person doesn't like sex??????
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 1:42pm »

on Dec 16th, 2003, 1:27pm, CHmess wrote:
Well hang in there bedhead - don't borrow any guns from anyone. Sex is a much funner way to deal with the pain. Since this is a new-comer, I'll spill the beans and let you know what works for me - I have found that if I feel the "beast" on its way (which is almost always in the middle of the night) well then I just roll over onto my husband and ride the night away, he can even stay sleeping if he wants (but he never does). I don't know if its the blood rushing to other body parts but it almost always helps the headaches!  Or at least shortens them.  And if you don't have a partner to roll over on then I'm sure you can use your imagination - doesn't matter how you get there - the ending is always the same and that's the part that does the job  Grin Best of luck to you all............... PFDAN's ahead to all of you!!!

I've got to go take a cold shower now. Wink
IP Logged
CHmess

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 1:44pm »

Mee tooooooooooo thomas  Cool
IP Logged
wip5150
New Board Junior
USA 

I have tired head

wip5150
Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 2:34pm »

I've actually thought about posting something similar to this many times but never got up the nerve to bring it up.  When I get my CH's - usually about an hour after I go to sleep - I will "handle up on my business" as it were.  It almost always helps subdue the pain and, in some instances, chases the headache away completely.  

I will say that about 1/2 through my episodic cycle (where I am right about now) I get real tired of it, though.  Maybe this will help others, maybe not.  But there is something to the endorphin rush that does help battle CH's.
IP Logged

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? I have, and man it hurts
CHmess

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 2:45pm »

GET TIRED OF IT?????????????  WHAT'S A MATTA WITH YOU???????????    

Must be you need some help "handling up on your business"  Shocked  

IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 2:53pm »

I've held my own and taken matters in my own hands while dealing with the beast.  It does seem to help.  oops there goes another skeleton. Embarassed
IP Logged
CHmess

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 2:59pm »

It's ok thomas, don't worry about your skeleton's ---
There are 2 kinds of people in this world:

Those that do it and admit it and
Those that do it and deny it.....

Either way - Everybody does it. Grin
IP Logged
wip5150
New Board Junior
USA 

I have tired head

wip5150
Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 3:01pm »

on Dec 16th, 2003, 2:45pm, CHmess wrote:
GET TIRED OF IT?????????????  WHAT'S A MATTA WITH YOU???????????    

Must be you need some help "handling up on your business"  Shocked  

There's nothing like having a dental pick scracthing on my brain to get me in the mood.  Seriously, I just don't like feeling that I'm "forced" to do it.  It's part of my headache routine, same as taking a blistering hot shower or coming close to hyperventilating cold air outside.  Basically, I don't really enjoy anything that represents what I have to do to deal with this MF'ing thing.

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some sex but I'd gladly be celibate for life if I could just have my brain back.
IP Logged

CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 3:10pm »

During a bout of sustained vigorous, or even somewhat vigorous exercise, cortisol levels increase immediately and produce an elevated cortisol to DHEA ratio. Around 3 hours after the activity has ceased, cortisol levels decrease to a level equal to or lower than the levels prior to exercise. Perhaps these cortisol levels, or some aspect of the process of dramatic increases and decreases in cortisol or cortisol to DHEA ratios play a role in aborting or triggering an attack.  

DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a natural, intermediate steroid hormone produced in our body by the adrenal glands. DHEA is called "mother of hormones", or prohormone because DHEA is further converted to generate 50 other essential hormones. For example, DHEA is converted to androgens (male hormones) or estrogens (female hormones) in the cells. DHEA is the most abundant hormone in our blood, and adequate blood DHEA level is critical for many vital hormonal and metabolic functions of our body.  

PFDANs  
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
jonny

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 3:31pm »

I have a question.

Does this sex thing work if you wake with a full blown CH?

...................................jonny
IP Logged
CHmess

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 3:34pm »

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cry

Nothing works for that!!  
At least not for me!
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2003, 3:55pm by CHmess » IP Logged
wip5150
New Board Junior
USA 

I have tired head

wip5150
Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 4:05pm »

on Dec 16th, 2003, 3:31pm, jonny wrote:
I have a question.

Does this sex thing work if you wake with a full blown CH?

...................................jonny

It really only helps during the onset of mine.  Perhaps others have differing experiences.
IP Logged

don

Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 10:22pm »

Quote:
IS THERE A THREAD FOR PERVERTS ON HERE ANYWHERE??????????

Yeah.

Bgull2@earthlink.net
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 11:26pm »

Ah. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.  

Sex involves exertion then?  I'll get back to you.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 11:32pm »

on Dec 16th, 2003, 1:18pm, bedhead wrote:
So now I'm at the stage where I just want to know as much as I can about this thing, cause I have finally admitted that I have CH.

Good step. Most of these folks have been at this FAR too long to remember the _initial_ shock of realizing they had CH for life.
Not me.

OK....back to the alternative therapy session.

Mash that Mango,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss