Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Disability »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Disability
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Disability  (Read 656 times)
randal
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Disability
« on: Feb 9th, 2004, 7:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just started 6 weeks of Disability today.I have been getting 3 or 4 Ch a day and 2 or 3 at night. The cloud will reside there for at least that ling. I will take my usual medications and see another Nueroligist. After 25 years of these things it seems to get worse not better as doctors seem to tell me. Two years ago I also went on DIS for the same amount of time but this TIME I will stay away from the wonder drug Oxicintin.This is a whole new subject. Anyway time to go sit in my dark corner.BYE
IP Logged
1MajorPain
New Board Junior
USA 

Pain is not my friend!

Re: Disability
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2004, 10:18pm »

Randal...check around the boards here, you might find something that will work for you and help you get through this a little easier. What drugs are you taking now...O2?

Major
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2004, 10:20pm by 1MajorPain » IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2004, 10:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
6 weeks of Disability

You got clusters or a dose of the clap?

Lee
IP Logged
randal
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 12:16am »

Is this how you greet new members. I have suffered from clusters for 25 years-I am not in a very jolly mood at this time of year so your response is just stupid.
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 1:44am »

Randal,

First of all welcome...  Great info here and great people.

Second... there was no offense meant...  If that is the worst that happens here then great...  I have been yelled at, mis-represented and thought of as a crazy loose cannon about to destory the workd as we know it.....

Really I am a not that bad.. Just have a hard time doing the dishes...

Third...  Take advantage of the 6 weeks that you have.. Search and research..  If you have the opportunity visit a specialized Headache center...  A mayo clinic or others on that level...  

Dr. L Cravens & John Becher are recomended for your area....

IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 4:29am »

on Feb 10th, 2004, 12:16am, randal wrote:
Is this how you greet new members.

Hey Randal...Welcome to the board. Don't mind Lee. That's just the way it is here. Taking a shot at the new guy is a sign of welcome. When you've been here long enough someone will tell you to STFU. Then you'll be a full fledged member of the most painful site on the internet.
Please don't stay in your dark corner too long. Come out in the light and tell us more about yourself.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 5:22am »

Randall,  

Don't take things personal. We all try to make jokes to cover up our pain. This is about the only place we can laugh at ourselves. My gosh, some of us had a contest one morning to see who had the most "unusal" bruises from the night before (when we were all getting hit). Still think I won.  

Stick around and you'll get what you need from this site.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

bobkip
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 7:15am »

Hi Randal,
Please don't be offended by poor attempts at humor by the few, this in no way is typical of the majority of us. Do read all you can and visit the OUCH site at clusterheadaches.org. There is a wealth of info available to help you fight the beast. Do try oxygen, it's my salvation. I can go from a 7 to a 2 in 5 minutes. O2 must be administered correctly to be effictive; at least 10 lpm with a non-rebreather mask for 5 to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes it probably isn't going to work.  
good luck, do stick around
Kip
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 7:48am »

Quote:
the wonder drug Oxicintin

The only thing I'm wondering is why a Doc would precribe it for CH in the first place.

What meds are you currently taking?

Quote:
Is this how you greet new members.

Stick around, you aint seen nuttin yet !  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2004, 7:49am by don » IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 2:15pm »

welcome Randel,
 Sorry your heads'a'achin'.You've come to the right place. These people have saved my sanity as well as my life.
 I had to go the disability route this past summer for 6 weeks and yes, I had 6 weeks"off"of work and it was beautiful outside and the shadows were so strong in between attacks I had trouble putting my shoes on.I had to pull my foot up so I would'nt have to bend over. Let alone cleaning the carport,fixing house related things..the things we wish we had time to do. I just sat there pissed off the whole time. We've all been there to some degree.
 And I've been told to STFU as well as "you don't know WTF you're talking about"  Roll Eyes  We are all here to help eachother. This board would'nt exist if knowone here cared about eachother.
 Alot of reading to be done here.....take it easy,
...Mark..

IP Logged
randal
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 6:58pm »

Hey Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and maybe it is the clap but I will still take the 6 weeks and learn all I can from this site.I will bring up the oxygen with my doctor as long as I dont blow myself up in the process.Just cant put down those disgusting ciggs. Cheesy
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 7:10pm »

on Feb 10th, 2004, 6:58pm, randal wrote:
Just cant put down those disgusting ciggs.

As long as you can do it for 20 minutes, you'll be fine.

Welcome aboard...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 7:59pm »

I have been on perm. disability for 4 years now due to ch and depression.  I am looking to go back to work now since I have found something to keep my ha at bay.  I hope your 6 weeks off is enough to rejuvinate you and give you a fresh start on life.    
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 8:15pm »

Quote:
I have suffered from clusters for 25 years-I am not in a very jolly mood at this time of year so your response is just stupid.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to get ya all pissed ya know, we been having so damned many F-18s take off all day down here you’d think Bin Laden was in the next county, Twenty five in the last five minuets, shit, all day long. Any way. I'm doing the old prednisone taper, at the same time I am doing the Topamax crawl Shocked soo there ain't much telling what I might say, but one thing is for sure, 6 weeks aint long enough for me mon.

Lee  Wink
IP Logged
randal
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:19pm »

Sorry for the planes Lee.I am not upset at all I was just getting over the dam thing when I read the response. Anyway I just finished all the dam paperwork for the Disability and that created a trigger-HA HA. Anyway a question? Is it me or does anyone else find it hard to convience anyone like employers or co-workers what the hell it is we are going thru.
Thanks RB
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:25pm »

Randal, my Lawyer just last Monday put me thru a 3 hour simulation of my upcomining Federal Disability hearing set 2-23-04. In my case any way he said to just to tell the truth, keep good eye contact and not to flower anything up, tell it like it is, as hard as that may be to describe some times. This may be easier in person than on paper in most cases. I hated filling out all of those ridicules redundant government forms. But now I know I am a much better citizen for doing so. Ha  

Disabled or bust, Lee  
IP Logged
magman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 9:17pm »

Randal,

As you've probably heard, welcome aboard, sorry yo had to find us. Read, Read, and Read some more. A wealth of info here.

And as i kow you have already found out, and mixture of personalities too. That is what makes this such a fun and iteresting family. And it truly is a family.
-dan

Lee,

Best of luck to you on your hearing Bro. Knock em dead with truth, justice and the American way....Gawd, who the hell am i,,,,the announcer fer superman mmovies or smethin....LMAO!
IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:00am »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 5:19pm, randal wrote:
 Is it me or does anyone else find it hard to convience anyone like employers or co-workers what the hell it is we are going thru.

Unfortunatly, it's pretty much a given that people don't know.
  I hear things like" Yeah, my wife used to get those and we found out she's allergic to almonds. Do you eat almonds?"...That kind of thing....
  As far as employers go, I printed out a bunch of stuff from here to bring to work and show "the boss"..
see ya.
.....Mark..
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #18 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:15am »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 5:19pm, randal wrote:
Is it me or does anyone else find it hard to convience anyone like employers or co-workers what the hell it is we are going thru.
Thanks RB

Try this randal, click the link, print it and give it to your boss and co-workers

http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm

Simon’s (OUCH/UK) letter to employers and colleages
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 2:56am »

Randal, welcome aboard!!!  Sorry you had to come here, but glad that you found us!!!

I've been on permanent disability for over a year now, but i'm also chronic.  I had no problem getting my disability at all, as a matter of fact i knew i had it within 45 days, and my benefits started 4 months later.  I guess if you count SSI it started right away.

Yes, i had a really hard time at work, trying to explain myself even with the Simon letter.  They just couldn't grasp the idea that a headache could be that bad, they were just ignorant!!  To make matters worse, it was my own families company that i had worked for off and on my entire life!!!

The people here you will find, are the only people in the world who can fully understand what you are going through.  

So stick around, you'll see that you're part of a family!!!

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Feb 14th, 2004, 12:23am »

I am not that close yet, but i always think about if and when I am not longer able to work...

Mikey, what are the steps to take?

--athos
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
denisebyrd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #21 on: Feb 14th, 2004, 11:26am »

Hey randal, Glad to hear you have some time off to deal with the beast. I hope it helps. I always wonderedhow people go on working with this affliction because I drag myself to work day in and day out.I also wonder if oxycontin is truly the drug to help here. As far as lee goes, I bet you wish it was the clap, at least there is acure for that! Lots of luck . Dbyrd
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #22 on: Feb 14th, 2004, 6:26pm »

Quote:
am not that close yet, but i always think about if and when I am not longer able to work...  

Mikey, what are the steps to take?  

--athos

Hell I would like to know that one also, I have been fucking around with those ass.....holes since  6-1-01.

Lee, who's Daddy ain't a Federal Judge

" but when she pay's off doc, she pays off in silver dollars"
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2004, 7:52pm by forgetful » IP Logged
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Feb 17th, 2004, 3:28pm »

The first thing that you do guys, is to go to your local Social Security Office, and get the "Green form" the people at the Office will tell you what to do after filling it out, and the steps that you have to take which aren't all that bad at all.  They gather all the medical records for you and all the info that they need, except for the green sheet that you fill out.  Take some advice from me, when you fill out the green sheet, be as explicit about what you do for aliving, and how your sickness hinders you from working.  Again be very EXPLICIT!!! and explain it really well!!  They even tell you, if you need more space, even attach another sheet of paper, and follow all directions very carefully!!!  while explaining your sickness, you need to explain it to the most EXTREME detail....leave nothing out what so ever!!! You can even explain all the little things that it effects along the way!

I hope that this helps, keep me informed on what happens, and if you have a question, feel free to e-mail me or pm me, or ask me on the board.  Good luck!!!!

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #24 on: Feb 17th, 2004, 6:43pm »

Welcome Randal.

You said you've had CH's for 25 yrs. Are you chronic for 25 yrs ? You just started 6 weeks disability. Is that to get over a cycle or what. If your gonna go full time disability, why 6 weeks. What meds have you tried or are you on ? Does anything work for you ? Aborts ? Prevents ?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss