Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 3:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thank You All »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thank You All
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thank You All  (Read 291 times)
Flsunshine
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thank You All
« on: Feb 18th, 2004, 9:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post regarding the subconscious.  It's amazing how much time I've spent trying to figure out what the hell is causing this.    From all the research I've done and all the posts I've read it seems like no two of us are alike. BUT there HAS to be something we all have in common.  There is such a small percentage of us who suffer from this "beast" that there will never be any foundation created or any money alotted for research to find the anwers.  Meanwhile we'll just continue to suffer what has been describe as some of the most excruciating pain know to medical science.  

Lynn
IP Logged
magman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Thank You All
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2004, 5:15am »

Hi Lynn,

'Never' is a very long time. That is why 'we' must act, and act now. Since we are such a small percentage of the worlds population we need to band together and make a huge noise.

Please see  my post in the Gen. section...Lets Respond 2 CBS, and follow through. If a great number of us do  so, they cannot ignore us forever.

IMHO, instead of us spending our energy with jokes & bashing on this board, we need to become proactive and do it for ourselves. If we fail on one front, we find another.

If you have any ideas and would like to pass em on our communicate off line, feel free to email me at hadenuff@kdlltd.com

Peace,
-dan
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2004, 5:32am »

M'dear, there is a thinking error here...

That there is no complete insight in why clusters happen and no cure for them  yet,  does not mean nobody is doing anything about them.

It may seem so from where you stand, at the end of the line with only a doctor (who may or may not be a medical twit) between you and the pain.

But research is being done - esp. in England (and in The Netherlands as well). Prof. Goadsby in the UK, for instance, found a significant difference in clusterhead's brains: a malformation of  the Hypothalamus.  

But what brains do, exactly, is not sufficiently known at the moment. Needs more research.  Not good for us when we are in such pain.  

Last remark: you cannot pressure researchers to find a cause or a cure.  Not even if you are Stalin or Rockefeller. Power and money may make them work harder, but there's just no guarantee.

IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2004, 9:04pm »

on Feb 18th, 2004, 9:07pm, Flsunshine wrote:
There is such a small percentage of us who suffer from this "beast" that there will never be any foundation created or any money alotted for research to find the anwers.

You should check out OUCH...  Link's over there on the left.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss