Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Brain Aneurysm/CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Brain Aneurysm/CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Brain Aneurysm/CH  (Read 497 times)
KevinD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Brain Aneurysm/CH
« on: Feb 19th, 2004, 12:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I got my MRI results showing an aneurysm on the other side of my head.  Doc said it is probably not related since it was on the other side.  I read that they occur because of weakened side walls of the blood vessels.  With all the expanding/contracting in our vessels, are we more prone to these things, especially if you already had one? Anybody have any knowledge of this?
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: Brain Aneurysm/CH
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2004, 12:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I recall a few other people mentioning things like this, but no way short of a number-crunching study to tell if this is unusually high, or to just the typical and expected number of cases.  People here are more likely to report those kinds of things because it involves the head.  I wouldn't be suprised if the rate in CH was higher, but can't say that it is.
IP Logged
violet
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 12:07am »

Hi Kevin,
I'm really sorry to hear about your aneurism.  I hope that you are feeling better soon.
Vi
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 12:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kev,

That don't sound to good.

I've had Head MRI's but nothing was there....literally.  

Keep us posted bro.

Sean
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2004, 12:34am by Sean_C » IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 2:01am »

Kevin,

Wow..I'm really sorry to hear that!!  Are they going to do some kind of surgery to fix it?

From my knowledge of aneurysms, not everyone with them even has headaches.  A tell-tale sign that one has burst is often a thunderclap headache or "worse headache of your life" type headache.  However, I'm not even sure that everyone experiences this headache upon the time they burst.  I'm not sure if people with various types of headaches are more prone to aneurysms or not, though.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing!!

Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

KevinD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 11:51am »

My neuro doesn't seem concerned. But a couple family members freaked and said to get a different doctor.  I don't even know for sure when it happened.  I think it was prob about 6 months ago when I felt a sudden deep, sharp pain that I never felt.  But it went away and I never thought anything else about it til the MRI.  I keep teling my family I'm more concerned about finding my CH cure then a busted blood vessel.
IP Logged
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 5:53pm »

KevinD-

Wow! Sorry to hear about your situation.  I don't think it would hurt to get a second opinion from another neuro .  It's better to be safe than sorry.  Yes, please keep us posted.  Samantha
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 6:12pm »

Sorry for your medical news but I was happy to read that others have advised second opinions. These guys can scare the crap out of us. I'm not saying the diagnosis is wrong. Doctors want to help.  

This happened to me:

When my neurologist was out of town, I had to see another for a Inderal refill. I already knew what I had and that my clusters were somewhat treatable. This new doctor was also a neurosurgeon. Cutting is his thing.

I had to go through some unnecessary tests and then he wouldn't write a refill. Instead, I was told that I had needed exploratory surgery to determine the cause of my "headaches." He wouldn't call them clusters. That was all I needed.  As I had a lot of experience with these guys because of my epilepsy, I found another one who pretty much said that I dodged a bullet with this ghoul. The refill was all I needed. I

You may indeed have an aneurysm but be very very sure.

Get that second opinion and good luck.

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24th, 2004, 6:12pm »

Kevin,

I'm no doc, but if I were you I'd get another opinion.  If aneurysms blow, they can kill.  I would really want to get another neuro's take on it.  Again, I have no idea what kind of state yours is in or anything like that, but if it were me, I'd want another opinion on something so potentially serious!

Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

genss
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 11:20am »

I had a normal CAT scan the other day and all my bloodwork was fine.  My father has had an anuerysm though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss