Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Crooked teeth and CH? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Crooked teeth and CH?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Crooked teeth and CH?  (Read 634 times)
flavin
New Board Newbie
USA 

Give me Power to overcome

toddfranklin2001  

Crooked teeth and CH?
« on: Feb 26th, 2004, 3:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I Have been reading as much as posible while i dont have a HA.  I have heard that Crooked teeth can cause severe HA's.  My teeth are not the best and I was going to Have them straightend soon.  I was justs wondering if there was a tie between the two.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Crooked teeth and CH?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 3:47pm »

IMHO it is very doubtful if crooked teeth cause (or trigger) clusters.
Yes they could cause headaches but probably from misalighment of the teeth is causing you to hold your jaw at an unusual angle to compensate.

But I'm not a dentist so what the heck do I know?
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2004, 3:47pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
flavin
New Board Newbie
USA 

toddfranklin2001  

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 3:51pm »

thanks bob. I figured it really didnt have anything.  I also suffer from TMJ Which probably doesnt help.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 5:29pm »

Although that is an intriguing bit of news, i'd be more disposed to the thinking that clusters CAUSE crooked teeth.....or missing teeth, or no theeth or some teeth with wide gaps of missing teeth.....
Reason being that it is not a good idea to bee near a wrench-type utensil while suffering a cluster attack.  I have felt absolutely COMPELLED to yank the buggers out during an attack

the thooseless wunner.

*Seek a doctors advice and do not attempt the above without proffesional advice*
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'd be a very rich woman if I got a £ for every CH sufferer who had unnecessary work done on their teeth before they got a CH diagnosis

Wendy
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 5:55pm »

How about £10 for every useless sinus wash? I'd be richer than Brad and Jen! Grin
IP Logged
flavin
New Board Newbie
USA 

toddfranklin2001  

« Reply #6 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 6:07pm »

I am not going  to the dentist for treatment of the headaches. I was just wondering if there was a connection between the 2.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 6:30pm »

I know that an uneven bite and teeth grinding can exacerbate migraines and other types of headaches so I bet it can make CH worse.

DAMN, I said the "M " word again, that's 7 times today!

Wendy
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2004, 6:30pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 8:14pm »

My teeth have always been fine...
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
LAW
New Board Newbie
USA 

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

« Reply #9 on: Feb 27th, 2004, 10:50am »

I have been getting CH's since I was 17 & I have always been blessed with straight teeth.  I'm now 29 and my teeth are still just as straight as they were at 17 & still I get Ch's.  So, for me personally there is no connection between my teeth and my CH's.

Because you suffer from TMJ I think it can only benefit you to work on your teeth in attempts to help cure that.  I am not very familiar w/ TMJ but it could very well be one of your triggers but probably not the cause.  No matter what, just be careful as you move forward with your dentist.  Most doctors are aware of the fact that our situation is a desperate one due to the cause of CH being unknown and from my experience doctors often take advantage of that.  I have under gone extensive treatments and a ton of money later...just to have my CH return the next year.
IP Logged

I have but 1 Judge, the 1 absolute truth I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt is it's not u so, b4 u choose 2 place another in absolute judgement based on only what u see find no fault w/in urself 1st
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #10 on: Feb 27th, 2004, 4:14pm »

I never had a headache in my life until I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out about 7 years ago. I have argued w/ my doctor every visit since then about that being related to headaches, started having ch's 3 months afterwards. But he says no way, it would be more like neuralgia, wher it would be a short stabbing or shocking feeling that would be in very short bursts. Needless to say I have been Chronic ever since that, still in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder. I  also get the jumpy eye right after I get dental work done which is a nerve acting up. My 85 year old grandma told me that. When I asked my dentist about it he had never heard of that before. 25 years of dentistry and he had never heard of that, but as soon as I mentioned it  to my little old grandma, she asked me if I had went to the dentist in the last couple of days,which I had. Next dentist visit same thing for about a week. So If it could effect a nerve in the eye, reason to believe it could effect the trigemanal nerve which runs right around the jaw.  I don't think a lot of these Quacks got a clue. But if you find one that does, let us all know!!!Chris
IP Logged

chris
toader
New Board Veteran
USA 

there were fireworks on mars

« Reply #11 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 9:22pm »

hmmm, interesting theory...

Where I come from, it's a known fact that crooked teeth do cause a number of strange ailments such as tobocco chewin, country music listening, pickup truck driving, and goin to the dump to "shoot stuff".

There is no known cure.
IP Logged
genss
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 11:06am »

I have always had crooked teeth.  I often wondered if there is a connection.  Also, it was only a year or 2 after I had my wisdom teeth pulled that my CH came on.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss