Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sittin' on the pity pot »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sittin' on the pity pot
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sittin' on the pity pot  (Read 547 times)
Carolyn

Email

Sittin' on the pity pot
« on: Feb 25th, 2004, 9:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Pardon my ranting today folks, but I am not handling things too well this morning.  Going through that hopeless, depressing fear that nothing is going to help me with this pain this cycle.  My dear friend, imitrex, is failing me.  Got hit at 4:00 AM, took my imitrex, started to feel that wonderful tingling that means shortly the headache will be gone and bam it turned around and I was dancin' in a few minutes time.

Goin to the doc this afternoon and see about oxygen.  Hope I can make some sense by the time I see him...still have a shadow bothering me.  Just so terribly down today.

Sorry to be so whiny (sp) Cry Cry
IP Logged
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

Re: Sittin' on the pity pot
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 10:16am »

Glad you're going to the doc today, Carolyn.

Tell him/her how you feel, both mentally and physically. I think  they need to hear how it's affecting our lives. Ask for (ie, demand) oxygen - if the doc says it won't work and arguing doesn't help, try saying "It can't hurt me, so let me try it because it MIGHT help"  While you're there, also try to get on a preventative that works, like verapamil.

And if you think you'll forget (happens all the time when you're in pain), write down what you want so you have a reminder.

Best of luck
Lizzie
IP Logged
Carolyn

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 6:12pm »

Success...get my o2 tomorrow.  He also gave me some samples of relpax.

I have been on verapamil before, but it was over 20 years ago.  He said because of my low blood pressure and heart rhythm problems he wouldn't advise trying it again.

Hopefully, the o2 will work and I'll be able to replace my traitorous imitrex with relpax.
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 6:19pm »

Good luck with the 02, Carolyn...If it works youll be in heaven (Just need to get on it as soon as you feel the beast)

Again....luck to you!!!

......................................jonny
IP Logged
Carolyn

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 6:29pm »

Thanks all.   Grin Grin Grin

No more whining today, I have hope again.
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 6:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey there carolyn

dont worry - you're allowed .....

LOL - check your PMs again...  

tina
IP Logged
porkchop1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 6:55am »

Smiley  sleep deprivation is such torture, isn't the CH bad enough? I am just a supporter, (hubby has ch) so I really cannot relate to the actual pain but I know otherwise what you are going thru. Also my hubby has used lots of drugs (imitrex quit working for him too) and after awhile they all stop working it seems. That being said, read my posts about red pepper/sinus buster nasal spray. I feel like an evangelist about it, but what can I say except IT WORKS, it's natural, it's 10 dollars and refundable should it not (hope it does, but these are CH's and therefore devious) work for you. the problem with o2 is that it can scar your lungs if you use it too much. Good luck, I hope that you get some relief soon. Keep the faith!
IP Logged
pokemom
New Board Newbie
USA 

miles of smiles!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15th, 2004, 1:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
Have you asked about varapamil?  I was taking it and it helped a lot with CH's but, It gave me a frontal headache and would have to still take med for pain.  My nuro gave me the 100 mg time release to take at bedtime and it works much better.  No sign of HA's yet.  I want boast to much cus it will bring me bad luck. LOL...You can also get the time release in 250 mg if 100 is not strong enough. Best wishes to you and good luck. I feel for everyone here every day.  Heck just one day headache free is wonderful. Miles of smiles to you.
Poke~ Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2004, 1:47pm by pokemom » IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose! (JJ) Robin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss